Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Battle of my 50s and one Helios :)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hifisapi wrote:
Since you like Pentax lenses, I suggest you try the smck 50/1.4, smcm 50/1.4, smca 50/1.4, smck and smca 50/1.2, and the smck55/1.8
all good lenses.

They are good but the differences between all 50 1.4 SMC-s and the FA 50 1.4(which I have) are not that big so... I preffer to have more different characters as lenses instead of those pentaxes. The 50 1.2 - nice lenses but too expensive and in my opinion hardly usable at 1.2 in every situation so I'm skipping them now.

Oreste wrote:

Over time, one can begin to appreciate the subtleties that distinguish the lenses, even if all look fairly good. With lenses of this class, the differences are going to be subtle.

Well that's true but sometimes in different situations some of them shines more and that's why I keep them all.

Misha_M wrote:

What's so bad with the focus not being loose?
It is tighter than most Helios lenses, but IMO it only helps you to get very accurate focus, which is crucial when shooting on wide aperture values.

Yes that's true, but the two zenitars I have tried have more differences than the two Pancolars I have owned. And the overal impression of the build quality cannot be compared to Japanese or even some GDR lenses. Of coarse for me the performance is more important so - I like them very much!

Enough talking Smile let's show some samples.

Zenitar M 50 1.7:

and one bokeh panorama with it

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What amazing shots! well done!

And I must say, you sure got some very lovely and cheerful models (especially the furry one Smile ) .

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi simbon4o, very nice photos hard to pick which ones cause they all look spectacular from your samples lol.

I just want to learn more about the Pancolar 50/1.8. Which version did you use? Cause I know there are many versions the auto, the electric, zebra, MC, non MC, red MC. And within these versions there are different varieties as well as seriel numbers from five digits to even eight digits. So I was wondering which one you used and if there will be differences if another version is used? Sharpness, Bokeh-wise, contrast, tone, etc? Others know any idea on the different versions of this lens?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruzzo wrote:
Hi simbon4o, very nice photos hard to pick which ones cause they all look spectacular from your samples lol.

I just want to learn more about the Pancolar 50/1.8. Which version did you use? Cause I know there are many versions the auto, the electric, zebra, MC, non MC, red MC. And within these versions there are different varieties as well as seriel numbers from five digits to even eight digits. So I was wondering which one you used and if there will be differences if another version is used? Sharpness, Bokeh-wise, contrast, tone, etc? Others know any idea on the different versions of this lens?

Thanks

Hi!
I have now the latest model MC which look like Pentacon 50 1.8 MC. My previous one was one of the first MC 50 1.8, When I compared them to chose which one to sell I was amazed how they perform so equally. The only difference was the colors, The first MC verion is with more yellowish coatings, more warm like. The late model is with much more cold colored coatings(like Pentacon 50 1.8 MC but a little better) and therefore the pictures from the late model are with more clear colors, not that warm. From my experience I can tell that there is quite good possibility that most of the MC pancolars will perform the same.

Here some samples with MC Pancolar 50 1.8

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man... you have some beautiful models at your disposal! Smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots, lens presentation close to ideal IMHO.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!
Here 2 more from the Pancolar Smile.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another one Pancolar shot - it is in its straight - cloudy weather.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really envious of your models Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you can find some too. Those are just normal girls from facebook, most of them are asking to be shot and sometimes when I have nothing to do in the weekends...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simbon4o wrote:
I'm sure you can find some too. Those are just normal girls from facebook, most of them are asking to be shot and sometimes when I have nothing to do in the weekends...

I always thought this would be a good idea for a circle of people in a community. Models pose and get to use the pictures for whatever... photographers can also use the photos for their portfolio. Everyone wins... or could.

Great shots, btw. You make me want to up my 50mm game. Wink Doing some research on the Pancolar but looks like I would *probably* have to do some filing to get it to work on my 5d2.