Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ASTRO-BERLIN Fernbildlinse 1000/6.3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: ASTRO-BERLIN Fernbildlinse 1000/6.3 Reply with quote

This was my first Astro Fernbildlinse 1000/6.3:

The lens in its current configuration - Hassy 2000F-fit (sorry for the bad quality, had to use my GSM phone for that one... Embarassed ):

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang! Rocket launcher!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

What about the lens quality ?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite good for its age I must admit. Not on par with the modern hi-tec (ED/LD/FL etc) glass - as expected. Great for b&w.
The most difficult part is to find clear weather conditions and an appropriate subject at an appropriate distance...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my third one, bought in 2008. Quite late s/n and in pristine condition:

One can probably see the difference in the details between the older (s/n 52xxx) and newer style (s/n 71xxx) lens...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredible! Many thanks for sharing ! You have so many rare exotic items I wish to see much as possible! Many thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geeeeeeeeeeeez Shocked Shocked Shocked How do you adjust focus? are they fixed focus on infinite? They still must be heavy Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: ASTRO-BERLIN Fernbildlinse 1000/6.3 Reply with quote

SVP wrote:
The lens in its current configuration - Hassy 2000F-fit (sorry for the bad quality, had to use my GSM phone for that one... Embarassed ):

Laughing Sorry I am just gobsmacked!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mUg wrote:
Geeeeeeeeeeeez Shocked Shocked Shocked How do you adjust focus? are they fixed focus on infinite? They still must be heavy Laughing

I think the steering wheel six inches up the lens is for focus. What mystifies me is how you reach the aperture dial. Amazing lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulC wrote:
mUg wrote:

I think the steering wheel six inches up the lens is for focus. What mystifies me is how you reach the aperture dial. Amazing lenses.

Woha Shocked you need strong arms to manage a thing like this i guess Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Focusing is indeed by means of the wheel in question. Setting the aperture (after concluding focusing) is better done with help from an assistant......( Laughing ) Seriously now, these monsters are very heavy and particularly slow in terms of handling, which is quite reasonable considering (a) the era these lenses were developed in, and (b) their telescope-based origin (design-wise).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SVP wrote:
Focusing is indeed by means of the wheel in question. Setting the aperture (after concluding focusing) is better done with help from an assistant......( Laughing ) Seriously now, these monsters are very heavy and particularly slow in terms of handling, which is quite reasonable considering (a) the era these lenses were developed in, and (b) their telescope-based origin (design-wise).

HI, SVP.

Congratulation !!

You have a monster and great toy.

I offer myself like your assistant. I gain something of money and I save the cost in gymnasium. Laughing Laughing

Rino.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a fan of drainpipes, I'm impressed. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post a moon pic taken with The Beast Cool