Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Agfa APX400 / Fomadon Excel / P645 / 150mm / Cats
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Agfa APX400 / Fomadon Excel / P645 / 150mm / Cats Reply with quote

I had an expired roll of Agfa APX 400... and first time using Fomadon Excel, an Xtol clone. Oh, and testing out the SMC-A 150mm f/3.5, in low light mostly, sometimes with an extension tube. Nothing great, just some interesting results.

Rolling Eyes I have to get out with the P645, a diet of cats and cats only isn't good for a camera. The shutter starts to purr and the aperture starts to look like a cats eye.[/i]

Last edited by Nesster on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!

But the last one is nothing short of perfect (IMHO). I'd really like to see a larger version of that one.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing if you click the photo it should take you to flickr, where a 1300pix wide one waits. Thank you Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! It wasn't obvious that the photo is clickable. Still a superb shot though. Those eyes...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the combo certainly captured the lovely texture of your cats' fur and coloration - when they were still. the last one is special.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, the shutter speeds got a bit slow Wink

I do have to take my P645 out some day, when the weather's better.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last one is a gem.
And the second one is Pentax bokeh at it's best.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, 2 and 4 are it for me, too, and I will be favoriting #4 on flickr.
Nice smoothness, the bokeh and grain...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pics. Cats seem to make great models.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cats are amongst the best photographic subjects. They have been sent by God to give the Man the thrill of cuddling the Tiger Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cats are often tricky subjects, they tend to move pretty fast Smile. So it's easy to get blur in low light, even easier using extension tubes (higher magnification). That said the results are interesting in terms of tonality and detail relatively of this type of lighting. The second one is a good capture, the gaze of a cat ready to jump at something Smile . The last one is the perfection, more like a formal formal portrait, with excellent lighting and relaxed posture.
Nesster wrote:
I have to get out with the P645, a diet of cats and cats only isn't good for a camera. The shutter starts to purr and the aperture starts to look like a cats eye.
Laughing

Cheers, Marty.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I have to get out with the P645, a diet of cats and cats only isn't good for a camera. The shutter starts to purr and the aperture starts to look like a cats eye." Laughing nice metaphor.