Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adobe Photoshop 6 released
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Adobe Photoshop 6 released Reply with quote

upgrade to Photoshop 6 Extended in the USA: 399 USD
upgrade to Photoshop 6 extended in Italy: 389 EUR (equivalent to 494 USD) without VAT, which becomes 471 EUR (equivalent to 597 USD) with VAT

Thank you very much, Adobe Italy.
Thank you, thank you very much. Really. I feel it.
Charged 100 USD more only because I'm a stupid milking cow European...

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that summarily bites. What if you bought it from a US vendor and uh, someone sent it to you?

How thorough are your customs guys when they examine a package?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Wow, that summarily bites. What if you bought it from a US vendor and uh, someone sent it to you?

Impossible, my purchase would be an upgrade, linked to my current serial number, which is linked to my address. I already tried to buy the download version from the USA site, it does not allow me.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Katastrofo wrote:

Impossible, my purchase would be an upgrade, linked to my current serial number, which is linked to my address. I already tried to buy the download version from the USA site, it does not allow me.

I understand the need for regional pricing but cmon, you cant price a product almost double what it costs across the pond

And then companies wonder why some people resort to thepiratebay and the likes for sourcing files Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Hari"][quote="Orio"]
Katastrofo wrote:
And then companies wonder why some people resort to thepiratebay and the likes for sourcing files Rolling Eyes

Exactly Rolling Eyes

Razz

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's much also comparing to other adobe products, I mean:

Upgrade for my whole production premium suite is 514 eur (including VAT), while upgrade for After Effects only (that is something I'm considering) is little more than 200 eur.

Way too much, anyway, if they make a new version every six months.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outrageous. I find even the US price outrageous. Something I'll have to pay one day.
They have us by the balls.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aanything wrote:

Way too much, anyway, if they make a new version every six months.

CS5 was released over two years ago.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CS 5.5 about a year.
I bought the suite for around 2000 euros in late 2010, and a year and a half later I am about to reach 1000 eurs of updates: I think sometimes they drop a release just to have someone update it.

Obviously it was just to say, if it really wasn't ok for me I just wouldn't have paid for the update.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What we need is something like GIMP- After overcoming the learning curve it should be able to do most basic photo editing PS can do. Price: $0 / €0 / £0

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Adobe Photoshop 6 released Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
471 EUR

Adobe CS6 Web & Design Premium for Students & Teachers costs similar price - you can be a part-time student, more than 26 years old and use it on private computer (on two machines!) also for commercial stuff. Contains PS, AI, IL, DW, FL and more Wink

Btw I also doesn't like the fact that US have everything cheaper aaand that in same time US average salary is three times higher than PL...

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as it pains me i find aperture to be an excellent middle of the road system.
CS6 is over the top fine if you are doing vector graphics, etc but for photoediting lightroom or aperture are more than ok