Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A scam...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: A scam... Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: A scam... Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Click here to see on Ebay

Why do you say it's a scam?

I mean, I would never bid on anything of value from anybody with only 3 feedbacks, all from this month, but I'm sure a lot of times they're genuine sellers.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see a scam. She wrongly describes a Pullin rangefinder as a lightmeter, but she knows nothing about the gear. I'm amazed at the price, but it does look quite clean and it's a complete kit.
I got a Pullin RF last year for a tenner - they're rare enough, but not particularly expensive, and they are adjustable.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bessa I never reach this price , especially with this description , very strange.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: A scam? Reply with quote

No, not a scam, just some hapless Ebay vendor who's learned enough to know that Voigtlander cameras can fetch high prices, but not enough to know which ones! It does happen.

A few weeks ago I contacted a vendor about the condition of a lens he had started at 99p - something worth about £10 on current selling prices. His response was to ignore the question and tell me he was going to re-list it with a Buy-it-now price of £90 as a friend had told him it was worth that much. He wouldn't sell it off Ebay, he really was being courteous and advising me not to expect to buy it cheaply. I replied that I thought he would waste his listing fees, explained why and wished him good luck. He came back to me thanking me for the information and that he would leave things as they were. In the end it sold for less than five pounds. There are lots of decent people out there, but many just don't know a great deal.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, it doesn't look like a scam. A very good besa 1 with all the extras - including the Kontur finder, make it attractive to a collector I suppose as you don't often see them all together.
Still a lot more than I'd of expected. Encouraging, though, as I've one to sell. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even better if this is true I did test many of them and time to sell some , to purchase new ones.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact, looking at the bids. it's quite possible that the high bidder misplaced his decimal point, not intending to bid that much at all.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not normal I think even with extras..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xpres wrote:
In fact, looking at the bids. it's quite possible that the high bidder misplaced his decimal point, not intending to bid that much at all.

Haha... yes, in seeing off bidder 2 he accidentally put in 300.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Bessa bidding Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
Xpres wrote:

I bet that neither bidder actually realises that they're chasing the entry-level Bessa and not the Bessa II with the Heliar ... many novice buyers actually know even less than the uneducated sellers. (Enthusiasm + Ignorance) minus (Prudence + Consideration) = Expensive Folly. And Ebay wins yet again.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Bessa bidding Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
Farside wrote:
Xpres wrote:

I bet that neither bidder actually realises that they're chasing the entry-level Bessa and not the Bessa II with the Heliar ... many novice buyers actually know even less than the uneducated sellers. (Enthusiasm + Ignorance) minus (Prudence + Consideration) = Expensive Folly. And Ebay wins yet again.

It's called free market. It splits money from stupids.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Bessa bidding Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
scsambrook wrote:
Farside wrote:
Xpres wrote:

It's called free market. It splits money from stupids.

Laughing Laughing Laughing