Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

3D stereo experiments with adapted MF lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2024 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will test your perception of stereo effect. We are in the realm of mm, not cm or more.

This is a plasmodium of a slime mould I found yesterday. That is sort of analogous to the mycelium of a fungus but extends rather more quickly and purposeful, retracting arms which find no food.

Eventually (a few days?) fruiting bodies may form along it. I am keeping it for further study and images.

The individual frames each show about 5mm width of the subject. (It was/is on soft, inner rotting wood of a former tree branch).

EM-1, Laowa 25mm x2.5 to x5 macro lens at f11, showing about x3 (x6 FF equivalent). Twin flash.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

backsidewalkaround wrote:
simple.joy wrote:
Those vultures aren't shy... it's recommended not getting closer though:

(Shot with a Isco Göttingen Kiptar 90 mm f/2)

How did you do that one? Do you have a stereo rack by now?

No, just two single shots. Not easy with certain animals which tend to make tiny movements constantly... but possible with others.

And of course it's significantly easier with scenes like this one:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2024 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:
simple.joy wrote:

No, just two single shots. Not easy with certain animals which tend to make tiny movements constantly... but possible with others.

Great pairs, especially the chick and eggshell.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2024 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:
simple.joy wrote:

Respect. I've tried an a couple of occasions, but haven't managed a lot of good ones as of now. Cows especially move constantly, moving their tail, ears, tongue, always chewing, never standing still.
I also like the chick best Smile.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2024 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mountain closest to where I live has four peaks. About a week ago I did them all. It did involve some easy, yet not totally harmless climbing. Here are a few impressions:

#1 First summit: Kitzstein

#2 Another view of Kitzstein

#3 Second summit: "Grassgipfel" viewed from the third: "Wasserwand", using a stereo base of a few meters

#4 Climb up to Wasserwand

#5 View back down

#6 Summit cross of Wasserwand

#7 back down again

#8 Wasserwand viewed from Grasgipfel

#9 View down into the plains - on the path to the fourth peak: Kindlwand

#10 On the left: Kindlwand

#11 on the path to Kindlwand

#12 A guest on the box of the summit book of Kindlwand

#13 To get to the top of Kindlwand you have to pass through the wall (half way up).

#14 The fast way down from Kindlwand. One time ticket.

#15 Nice view over the the well known Wendelstein (in the area at least).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2024 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#3 Second summit: "Grassgipfel" viewed from the third: "Wasserwand", using a stereo base of a few meters

#5 View back down

#8 Wasserwand viewed from Grasgipfel

Excellent shots - those are my favorites!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
Borzicactus roelzii through 2 different lenses on EM-1. Plenty of pollen grains to be seen. Shot in 2015, processed today.

Kiron 105mm at f11, flash.

Printing Nikkor 105mm, probably f11, flash, cropped for composition.

Beautiful flowers, nice colors, wonderful 3D. I find it crazy how the 3D image that is formed by your brain seems much sharper than the individual images.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
Borzicactus roelzii through 2 different lenses on EM-1. Plenty of pollen grains to be seen. Shot in 2015, processed today.

Beautiful flowers, nice colors, wonderful 3D. I find it crazy how the 3D image that is formed by your brain seems much sharper than the individual images.

Thanks. From long experience, I would say that the brain takes the sharpness of the sharper of two images but does not exceed that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Specked Bush Cricket

I think this is the first I have seen in our garden this year. As with other insects, numbers are down this year.

A7r3, Oshiro 2:1 60mm Macro at f11.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
e6filmuser wrote:

Thanks. From long experience, I would say that the brain takes the sharpness of the sharper of two images but does not exceed that.

Usually that may be true... but I also have made the experience from time to time that the 3D image looks sharper than either one of the single images. More often than not it's as you described though.

Here are a couple of very different shots, all taken with a tiny projection lens, the Laack Anastigmat Fineston 7.5 cm f/2.5:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:

Here are a couple of very different shots, all taken with a tiny projection lens, the Laack Anastigmat Fineston 7.5 cm f/2.5:

I especially like this one because for the clouds, behaving well! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some incredible examples guys!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Some incredible examples guys!

Like 1 Like 1 Like Dog

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:
e6filmuser wrote:
e6filmuser wrote:

Usually that may be true... but I also have made the experience from time to time that the 3D image looks sharper than either one of the single images. More often than not it's as you described though.

I think I already knew your image with the pegs on the clothes airer, but it's such a good 3D example that you can show it anytime Smile. I also like the organic pear (to eat Very Happy).
However in this series I like the nettles on the bokeh-bubble-carpet best.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the mountains again:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2024 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mountain closest to where I live has four peaks. About a week ago I did them all. It did involve some easy, yet not totally harmless climbing. Here are a few impressions:

#11 on the path to Kindlwand
#

Awesome shot! I'd love to visit a mountain forest like that.

Lots of great shots from everyone else too!

Here is a new one taken with a Minolta MC Rokkor 58mm f1.2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2024 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the mountains again:

Awesome captures - really impressive! And it's such a great way of showing part of how the distance/depth feels in real life.

blotafton wrote:

Well, you seem to have very beautiful surroundings as well! I've been to Iceland once and while I loved it there (and it's beautiful in its own way) the complete lack of forrests was quite irritating.

Nice shot and great sharpness if that was shot at f/1.2 (as the highlights would suggest). Is it your favorite f/1.2 lens?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2024 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="simple.joy"][quote="backsidewalkaround"]In the mountains again:

Awesome captures - really impressive! And it's such a great way of showing part of how the distance/depth feels in real life.

blotafton wrote:

Well, you seem to have very beautiful surroundings as well! I've been to Iceland once and while I loved it there (and it's beautiful in its own way) the complete lack of forrests was quite irritating.

Nice shot and great sharpness if that was shot at f/1.2 (as the highlights would suggest). Is it your favorite f/1.2 lens?

Thanks! We do have some nice nature here in the Uppland province of Sweden.
I'd like to visit Iceland too! But yeah the flora seems to be quite scarce!

Yes it's taken at f/1.2 and it's my favorite. The other two I have is Porst Color Reflex 50mm f/1.2 and a Zuiko 55mm.
The Minolta just outshines the other two, especially in the bokeh department. But I imagine that the Hexanon 57mm f1.2 is very close.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2024 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:

Yes it's taken at f/1.2 and it's my favorite. The other two I have is Porst Color Reflex 50mm f/1.2 and a Zuiko 55mm.
The Minolta just outshines the other two, especially in the bokeh department. But I imagine that the Hexanon 57mm f1.2 is very close.

Indeed, the Hexanon 57 mm f/1.2 might be great as well. I don't have many f/1.2 lenses, but here are a couple of recent shots with my favorite one:

The JML 56 mm f/1.2 (apparently a cheaper reproduction of the Nikkor-O 55 mm f/1.2, also known as CRT-Nikkor) doesn't cover full frame at infinity, but is a mighty fine lens for close-ups with shallow DOF.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2024 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny Flower Spike

A7r3, Printing Nikkor 150mm at f11, vertical FOV 30mm.

It was a bit of a struggle to keep this heavy lens still at close to ground level. The right hand image could have been sharper but I quite like the stereo image.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2024 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:
blotafton wrote:

Indeed, the Hexanon 57 mm f/1.2 might be great as well. I don't have many f/1.2 lenses, but here are a couple of recent shots with my favorite one:

The JML 56 mm f/1.2 (apparently a cheaper reproduction of the Nikkor-O 55 mm f/1.2, also known as CRT-Nikkor) doesn't cover full frame at infinity, but is a mighty fine lens for close-ups with shallow DOF.

Looks really good, I like the flowers shots the most!

I didn't know about the Nikkor-O design connection!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2024 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1960 3000 Austin Healey. Not quite framed properly, and my shadow is across it but from 2016.

Any blue is from the sky: the car is black.

A7r, Kiron 28mm f2.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2024 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadillac Coupe De Ville Engine

A7r3, Nikkor 24mm at f11, May 2022.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rose hips (Russian Vine background)

I was at the local monthly Classic Car event and nothing much was happening. I was standing in the shade, with my back to the sun and I looked upwards.

A7r3, Vivitar Series 1 24-48mm at about 45mm and 1/160 sec at f11 ISI 200, hand held.

The (early) Vivitar Series 1 lenses were legendary, with justification here.

First, as shot:

Then cropped: