Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

3D stereo experiments with adapted MF lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="simple.joy"]
blotafton wrote:

Love this one - bravo! Really effective and beautiful.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XR Rikenon 50mm f2 tulips.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:

The second one is more effective because most of the flowers are entirely within the frame.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broom at local heathland reserve. Sony A7r3, Voigtlander Color-Ultron 50mm.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
blotafton wrote:

The second one is more effective because most of the flowers are entirely within the frame.

I agree.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:

Great shots! This one is indeed special, but both are wonderful (in stereo, but also as regular shots with the light and effective color contrast)!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another attempt at one of those (how did you call it...) "hyper stereo" shots?

... and another one of... well, just some empty bottle someone left at the train station:

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both very successful.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first of many? A lone (wild) daisy amongst some buds.

Once more, the A7r3 with the Voigtlander Color-Ultron 50mm.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are my very first images from my A7r3 and Zeiss Ultron 50mm f1.8. Mostly f11 but some f8. ISO 2000 in early morning light.

The first is a Paeony

The second is some Surfinias.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:
blotafton wrote:

Great shots! This one is indeed special, but both are wonderful (in stereo, but also as regular shots with the light and effective color contrast)!

Thanks! I shot way too many shots for my own good, but yeah the light was so good!

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:
Here's another attempt at one of those (how did you call it...) "hyper stereo" shots?

... and another one of... well, just some empty bottle someone left at the train station:

Yes that should be a hyper!

Looks good in middle and background, but for me the effect is too strong in the grass in the foreground.

The bottle is great!

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
These are my very first images from my A7r3 and Zeiss Ultron 50mm f1.8. Mostly f11 but some f8. ISO 2000 in early morning light.

The first is a Paeony

The second is some Surfinias.

Great pair!

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="simple.joy"]
backsidewalkaround wrote:
simple.joy wrote:
Since it seems impossible for me to quote currently (I'm always redirected to the forum front page...) I'll just say: Great stuff, everyone! Love all those shots you've posted!

Here are two from a recent trip to Salzburg:

Wow, what's the stereo base on that one? The 3D extends so far back, I would suppose you stepped aside about 1m?

Taken from a moving train… 😅 So I guess at least 5-10 m as I was not in burst mode! The train (Railjet) wasn‘t at full speed though thankfully! The hard part is avoiding reflections because of the windows and also not letting utility poles ruin the shots! 😱

Interesting! The train method as the improved cha-cha-method.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="e6filmuser"]

In some cases you can wait for the subject to return to a matching position, as happened with my wind-blown pink Paeony.
[quote]

Well, that's just pure luck!

Quote:

I have a bar, about a foot long which can attach to a tripod and which can hold 2 cameras at adjustable spacings. Two cameras with 2 similar (prefocused) lenses, both camera shutters released at the same time. One day I will use it, I have the cameras and lenses.

The bar is no longer made.

I'm aware of this possibility, but don't want to get into it that far. I still want to take "normal photographs" and in addition some stereos, where it makes sense. Carrying around a bar, two cameras and a tripod is too much of a hassle for me. That's why I'm looking for methods to achieve the same with one camera and two shots. Hence the burst mode.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:

I like both shots, but he "hyper" one is great. Blotafton is right, though, you might want to crop the bottom, thus avoiding the confusing gras (that is not the same in the two images).

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something nice and something ugly (both with the miraculous Milvus 1.4/35).

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreamy.

I will pass by the other one, which was too effective for me. Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of those are really great! 👍

You (and blotafton) have been right in regards to the grass in the stereo of the landscape shot (it is "Erl" as you probably recognized....). I initially cut the grass off, but then put it back in, because I thought it might give the whole thing more "depth"... however the foreground isn't blurry enough for that to work in the way I had intended. Here's an adjusted version:

And here's a close-up one from today, taken with the LOMO RO3-3M 50 mm f/2:

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:

No 3-D viewing necessary -- the single images are 3-D enough on their own!

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lycianthes rantonnetii better known as a Solanum. A7r3, Carl Zeiss Ultron 50mm 1.8 f11.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shot with an Astro Kino-Color-V 50 mm f/1.25 - surely not a versatile lens and limited in terms of image circle, but very fun regardless.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elder Sambucus nigra Black Lace. A7r3, CZJ Flektogon Auto 35mm f2.4 at f11.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mock Orange and Bramble. A7r3 CZJ Flektogon 35mm f2.4.

f11

f8

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:

Both of those are really great! 👍

Thanks Smile

Quote:

You (and blotafton) have been right in regards to the grass in the stereo of the landscape shot (it is "Erl" as you probably recognized....). I initially cut the grass off, but then put it back in, because I thought it might give the whole thing more "depth"... however the foreground isn't blurry enough for that to work in the way I had intended. Here's an adjusted version:

You're right. It is much calmer, but looses much of its initial effect. I actually prefer the first version. Maybe try one more version, where you cut the grass part in half in order to leave out the most confusing part?

I wasn't sure about Erl. I thought, that it could be, but I didn't know that the Festspielhaus was being renovated. If you went by there by train, you probably passed Rosenheim as well. If you do so again, maybe come by for a chat?

Quote:

I realize that I haven't used my projection lenses enough lately. Maybe I ought to change that. I agree with visualopsins, that the bug has plenty of 3D in one image only, but the depth below the whole he's making in the leaf is something else in stereo.

Last edited by backsidewalkaround on Mon May 27, 2024 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total