Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

3D stereo experiments with adapted MF lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chicco in 3d. He always moves so it's very difficult!

Wollensak Oscillo-Anastigmat 75mm f1.9

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
How's this for "pop"?

Beautiful.

Quote:

Wild orchid. Sony A7r3, Voigtlander Color-Ultron 50mm a f11. Additional technical details: I sat in a bog puddle this morning to shoot this!

Oh, the hardships of being a photographer Smile. Worth it.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:

Nice portraits. It's his natural habitat, is it not?

How do you do it?

I just started to experiment with shooting bursts while moving the camera to the side. I guess it only works, if there's only little movement or a slow one. I'm not willing to buy two equal cameras to build a rig for moving subjects.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dachshund https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dachshund

Quote:
"Dachs Kriecher" ("badger crawler") or "Dachs Krieger" ("badger warrior")...may be a cross between the German Shorthaired Pointer, a Pinscher, and a Bracke (a type of bloodhound), or to have been produced by crossing a short Bruno Jura Hound with a pinscher.[27] Others believe it was a cross from a miniature French pointer and a pinscher; others claim that it was developed from the St. Hubert Hound, also a bloodhound, in the 18th century,[64] and still others believe that they were descended from Basset Hounds, based upon their scent abilities and general appearance...widely called Dackel (both singular and plural). Among hunters, they are mainly referred to as Teckel.[65]

Deutsch: Postkarte, datiert 23.3.1917. Titel: "Dös Bier g´hört mei´m Herrle!"

elvis presley-hound dog https://youtu.be/lzQ8GDBA8Is

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

backsidewalkaround wrote:
blotafton wrote:

How do you do it?

I just started to experiment with shooting bursts while moving the camera to the side. I guess it only works, if there's only little movement or a slow one. I'm not willing to buy two equal cameras to build a rig for moving subjects.

Yes, a nature reserve, heath and woodland

I take one shot and the another, maybe 30 to 45 degrees to the right, maintaining the framing and focus. Keep the same vertical level and don't rotate the camera.You don't need a burst, maybe 4 altogether when you are learning.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:

Well done!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A rose, early morning, cloudy. A7r3, Vivitar Series 1, 105mm at f8.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:

very nice ones! Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:

How do you do it?

Thanks!

I guess his natural habitat is inside my house Very Happy
But they were bred for hunting and specifically going into burrows.

I took a lot of shots as fast as possible. Most failed. Burst should work with strong light and fast shutter speeds that isn't effected by camera movement.

e6filmuser wrote:
blotafton wrote:

How do you do it?

I take one shot and the another, maybe 30 to 45 degrees to the right, maintaining the framing and focus. Keep the same vertical level and don't rotate the camera.You don't need a burst, maybe 4 altogether when you are learning.

e6filmuser wrote:
blotafton wrote:

Well done!

kds315* wrote:
blotafton wrote:

very nice ones! Like 1 small Like 1 small

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Dachshund https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dachshund

Quote:
"Dachs Kriecher" ("badger crawler") or "Dachs Krieger" ("badger warrior")...may be a cross between the German Shorthaired Pointer, a Pinscher, and a Bracke (a type of bloodhound), or to have been produced by crossing a short Bruno Jura Hound with a pinscher.[27] Others believe it was a cross from a miniature French pointer and a pinscher; others claim that it was developed from the St. Hubert Hound, also a bloodhound, in the 18th century,[64] and still others believe that they were descended from Basset Hounds, based upon their scent abilities and general appearance...widely called Dackel (both singular and plural). Among hunters, they are mainly referred to as Teckel.[65]

Deutsch: Postkarte, datiert 23.3.1917. Titel: "Dös Bier g´hört mei´m Herrle!"

elvis presley-hound dog https://youtu.be/lzQ8GDBA8Is

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eyelash fungus (see the hairs around the edges). The largest are about 5mm across. They mostly grow on moist to wet, rotten wood but this lot were amongst moss, on dryish, heathland soil. I cleaned them up a bit but there is a risk to damaging them.

The images are uncropped.

This was my first serious session with the Laowa 25mm x2.5 to x5 lens on the A7r3. I get more magnification and more depth on m4/3 but the images would not appear here. I used twin TTL flash.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it seems impossible for me to quote currently (I'm always redirected to the forum front page...) I'll just say: Great stuff, everyone! Love all those shots you've posted!

Here are two from a recent trip to Salzburg:

Both shot with a Schneider Kreuznach Xenon 75 mm f/2

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:
Since it seems impossible for me to quote currently (I'm always redirected to the forum front page...) I'll just say: Great stuff, everyone! Love all those shots you've posted!

Excellent viewpoint in the first one. Both benefit from viewing from a little further back than usual.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A7r3 Vivitar Series 1 24-48mm at 24mm and f11.

Pond at local nature reserve May 2020.

Slight vignetting still visible top right after moderating.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots everyone!

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First stereos with the Vivitar VHE 50mm 2.8.

Closeups on ferns. Low angle evening light.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
blotafton wrote:

How do you do it?

My question was meant specifically for moving subjects. I think I have a few samples to show that the normal shooting works ok.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:

Wow, what's the stereo base on that one? The 3D extends so far back, I would suppose you stepped aside about 1m?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
blotafton wrote:

How do you do it?

My question was meant specifically for moving subjects. I think I have a few samples to show that the normal shooting works ok.

In some cases you can wait for the subject to return to a matching position, as happened with my wind-blown pink Paeony.

I have a bar, about a foot long which can attach to a tripod and which can hold 2 cameras at adjustable spacings. Two cameras with 2 similar (prefocused) lenses, both camera shutters released at the same time. One day I will use it, I have the cameras and lenses.

The bar is no longer made.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:

Wow, what's the stereo base on that one? The 3D extends so far back, I would suppose you stepped aside about 1m?

Taken from a moving train… 😅 So I guess at least 5-10 m as I was not in burst mode! The train (Railjet) wasn‘t at full speed though thankfully! The hard part is avoiding reflections because of the windows and also not letting utility poles ruin the shots! 😱

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
e6filmuser wrote:
blotafton wrote:

How do you do it?

In some cases you can wait for the subject to return to a matching position, as happened with my wind-blown pink Paeony.

I have a bar, about a foot long which can attach to a tripod and which can hold 2 cameras at adjustable spacings. Two cameras with 2 similar (prefocused) lenses, both camera shutters released at the same time. One day I will use it, I have the cameras and lenses.

The bar is no longer made.

from https://www.flintsauctions.com/auction/details/fcam14-fine-photographica/?au=71&pn=4&g=1

A RBT 3D x2 Stereo 35mm SLR Camera

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://stereoscopy.blog/2022/06/21/stereoview-stereo-3d-camera/

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope I have not posted this one already:

taken with a Pentacon 135 mm f/2.8

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:

Love this one - bravo! Really effective and beautiful.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wild orchid. Sony A7r3, Oshiro 2:1 50mm macro at f8.

Best viewed from further back than usual.