Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

3D stereo experiments with adapted MF lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan Car. Sony A7r3, Voigtlander Color-Ultron 1.8/50mm (Rollei mount) at f11. ISO 200.

This was at another Classic Car meet this morning, which was over-subscribed, so it was very crowded. The cars were not spaced apart much more than in everyday parking, as shown by the not ideal view of the front of the car.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second one is great!

e6filmuser wrote:
simple.joy wrote:
A number of different shots with a variety of lenses:

Excellent 3Ds and good colours. Did you use any vertical shift on the last one?

Thank you! No shift in this instance.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pub, during Classic Car event 2 years ago.

A7r3 Nikkor 24mm at f11. NB No polarizer used.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, this thread is progressing fast. It's only been a few days and I've missed so much. Great samples. I really enjoy looking at all of them here, even if I don't manage to post or comment all the time.

I have a few more also. It's fun to do similar pics with an open and a closed down aperture. Sometimes I like the first kind better, sometimes the second. I never know how the outcome will be, even if I anticipate much of the result, it's always different in some way. Pictures taken with the Leica Elmarit-R 2.8/28 v1 and the Elmarit-R 2.8/60 Macro on my Sony A7r3:

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small impressive, esp. poppy#2

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A7r3, Voigtlander Color Ultron 50mm (Rollei mount).

Mercedes (Perhaps best viewed from a little further back than usual?)

Triumph TR4

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

backsidewalkaround wrote:
Man, this thread is progressing fast. It's only been a few days and I've missed so much. Great samples. I really enjoy looking at all of them here, even if I don't manage to post or comment all the time.

I have a few more also. It's fun to do similar pics with an open and a closed down aperture. Sometimes I like the first kind better, sometimes the second. I never know how the outcome will be, even if I anticipate much of the result, it's always different in some way. Pictures taken with the Leica Elmarit-R 2.8/28 v1 and the Elmarit-R 2.8/60 Macro on my Sony A7r3:

Wonderful samples - these are my favorites!

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small impressive, esp. poppy#2

Thank you Klaus, that one is my favourite too.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:

Triumph TR4

Although I'm not into cars at all (I'm hardly ever using one - my wife does - I get around on my bikes (no motor, except more recently one with "E")), I can appreciate their vintage beauty and of course the nice stereo effect.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:

Wonderful samples - these are my favorites!

Thank you very much!

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:

Triumph TR4

Although I'm not into cars at all (I'm hardly ever using one - my wife does - I get around on my bikes (no motor, except more recently one with "E")), I can appreciate their vintage beauty and of course the nice stereo effect.

I'm not into them either but appreciate quality. I have never had any affection for my cars.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first two were shot with a Fuji Fujinon-EFC 108 mm f/5.6 (minilab lens):

and these two with a Schneider Kreuznach Xenon 50 mm f/2 (industrial lens):

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All good. I was lightly startled when my screen opened up at the first one. Even so, more DOF would have been good.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An MG engine. One of the images is quite soft but I find the overall effect quite pleasing.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:
The first two were shot with a Fuji Fujinon-EFC 108 mm f/5.6 (minilab lens):

I like these two best, particularly the garden tool (what do you call that? - a handrake?). I like where you set focus. It makes the rake almost claw at you.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
An MG engine. One of the images is quite soft but I find the overall effect quite pleasing.

Very nice. I might still learn about cars if you go on like that Wink. Reading about the lens you used reminds me, that I have it too and that I haven't used it in a very long time. I need to change that. It's a formidable character bokeh lens, very likely also for stereo images.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

Two more - both taken with a Fuji Fujinon-EFC 65 mm f/5.6 minilab lens:

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:

Very nice. I might still learn about cars if you go on like that Wink. Reading about the lens you used reminds me, that I have it too and that I haven't used it in a very long time. I need to change that. It's a formidable character bokeh lens, very likely also for stereo images.

Thanks. Yes the bokeh is very good.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dentist's car? Smile

The Ultra 50mm at f11 again. Contrast and highlights modified.

Do I see two SU carburettors at the rear left?

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good shots everyone! Like 1

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genitiana 3D (cross)

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few from today, when I went out quite late, searching for stereo motives in the the beautiful evening light. Lenses used: Nikon Ai-S 2.8/28 CRC, Contax Sonnar 1.8/135

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few from today, when I went out quite late, searching for stereo motives in the the beautiful evening light. Lenses used

An excellent selection of subjects and some superb colours.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
A few from today, when I went out quite late, searching for stereo motives in the the beautiful evening light. Lenses used

An excellent selection of subjects and some superb colours.

Thanks. The golden hour helped a lot Smile.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's this for "pop"?

Wild orchid. Sony A7r3, Voigtlander Color-Ultron 50mm a f11. Additional technical details: I sat in a bog puddle this morning to shoot this!