Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

3D stereo experiments with adapted MF lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
Mock Orange and Bramble. A7r3 CZJ Flektogon 35mm f2.4.

f11

f8

Very strong effect in both of these. I love how sharp the inside of the blossom is in the second one.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I went on a hike on the Austrian Trainsjoch. It was midday, so photos in spectacular light weren't to be expected. So I chose to take almost every picture twice - you know why. Most images taken with Zeiss Loxia 2.8/21, some with Contax Planar 1.4/50. These are my favourites (I hope you don't mind a few more than usual):

Last edited by backsidewalkaround on Mon May 27, 2024 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

backsidewalkaround wrote:
Yesterday I went on a hike on the Austrian Trainsjoch. It was midday, so photos in spectacular light weren't to be expected. So I chose to take almost every picture twice - you know why. These are my favourites (I hope you don't mind a few more than usual):

An excellent set. In the third one, someone moved at the top of the hill. Tiny parts of an image can be cloned out without causing visual anomalies in 3D. I use the Healing Brush tool in PS.

Last edited by e6filmuser on Mon May 27, 2024 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
Yesterday I went on a hike on the Austrian Trainsjoch. It was midday, so photos in spectacular light weren't to be expected. So I chose to take almost every picture twice - you know why. These are my favourites (I hope you don't mind a few more than usual):

An excellent set. In the third one, someone moved at the top of the hill. Tiny parts of an image can be cloned out with out causing visual anomalies in 3D. I use the Healing brush toll in PS.

Thanks. I don't mind, if there's a little irritation on top of the hill. To me it means movement (which it really is).
I will try to do a version, cloning out the problematic parts and see, if there's no irritation due to that. I would expect not, because it's really such a small part of the image.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I went on a hike on the Austrian Trainsjoch. It was midday, so photos in spectacular light weren't to be expected. So I chose to take almost every picture twice - you know why. Most images taken with Zeiss Loxia 2.8/21, some with Contax Planar 1.4/50. These are my favourites (I hope you don't mind a few more than usual):

Really impressive samples - all of them very effective! I love these in particular. And the last one is top-notch... so much more to that one in stereo, compared to a regular shot!

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!! Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens is crazy (fun). Shot with a Schneider Kreuznach Xenon 75 mm f/2 (fixed aperture projection lens).

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foxgloves and Honesuckle. A7r3 Zeiss Ultron 50mm f1.8 at f11.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty, but the 2nd Foxglove (detail) is hard to focus - for me

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:

I like this one - particularly because of the shadows. Gives it a lot of depth.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup... equally crazy and fun! 🤣

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:

That is a very interesting effect. Is it just bokeh or is something else going on?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Marharaja's Well. A7r3, Bronica Zenza 45mm.

This is in a village near me. http://www.maharajahswell.org.uk/

I've had a nightmare trying to upload this image. I finally reworked it from the TIFFs.

Even this did not work with images from the 75mm lens "bad request". The image in question has uploaded, with no issues, on another website but cannot be copied here, just as it cannot be uploaded here, as any version, from my PC. I would suggest that this is a problem for a photographic website!

Last edited by e6filmuser on Tue May 28, 2024 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
simple.joy wrote:

That is a very interesting effect. Is it just bokeh or is something else going on?

Thanks! I think there‘s a lot of field curvature and abberations involved - the lens was used reversed!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:

This lens is crazy (fun). Shot with a Schneider Kreuznach Xenon 75 mm f/2 (fixed aperture projection lens).

Yes, crazy and fun. Counts for this image as well.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:

That's wonderful to look at. Really beautiful, particularly in stereo.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digitalis (Foxgloves) https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digitalis

Quote:
the digitalis plant may contain several deadly physiological and chemically related cardiac and steroidal glycosides. Thus, the digitalis plants have earned several, more sinister, names: dead man's bells and witch's gloves. The toxins can be absorbed via the skin[34] or ingestion.

In some instances, people have confused foxglove with the relatively harmless comfrey (Symphytum) plant, which is sometimes brewed into a tea, with fatal consequences.

That said, the plant has medical use https://www.drugs.com/npp/digitalis.html

Quote:
Digitalis has long been used as a treatment for heart failure in addition to a range of other traditional uses. The plant is cultivated as an ornamental.
Dosing

Digitalis leaf has a narrow therapeutic index, requiring close medical supervision for safe use. Traditional dosage starts at 1.5 g of leaf divided into 2 daily doses. Purified digoxin is typically used at daily doses of 0.125 to 0.25 mg.
Contraindications

Do not allow children to come into contact with the potentially lethal plant.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:

That's wonderful to look at. Really beautiful, particularly in stereo.

Thanks. My main difficulty was to exclude surrounding things which, at best, were unattractive.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More from the "crazy" Xenon 75 mm f/2 (without a real name and variable aperture):

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the second relatively nice day of my vacation for another bike&hike into the near mountains. I again took almost all photos double. These are among the best:

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent 3Ds! You can't go wrong with Gentians.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bad weather today offered some nice puddles, that I could take advantage of:

Elmarit-R 2.8/28 v1

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
Excellent 3Ds! You can't go wrong with Gentians.

Thanks. I think you would have enjoyed the variety of different flowers up there.

Here are a few more: (Elmarit-R 2.8/28 v1, except #2: Sigma MF 5.6/180 APO)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hildewintera Kraisengluch

This is flowering now. The solitary flower is almost facing the pot from which the stem is curved over the edge and downwards. So the flower has to face the edge of the frame rather than the middle.

I missed that I was processing a JPEG rather than the intended TIFFs from RAW file but it seems to have come out OK.

A7r3, Oshiro 60mm Macro 2:1 at f11 ISO 4000.

I decided to do a further crop, processed via TIFFs, now the first image.