Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

YES! YES! 7 times YES!! ;)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic! Now you can shoot pictures in a closet! Razz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
Fantastic! Now you can shoot pictures in a closet! Razz

Laughing With an f/1.2 lens indeed. Wink

Have a look at this one:

ISO1600, just downsized to 800px. ISO1600 is perfectly usable!

This BTW is the first picture I have taken with my NEX-7. Of course, my kids. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ISO1600 was perfectly usable on NEX-3 too, I did shoot up to ISO3200 well. Lovely capture!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh, when I read the title, I thought it was from a XXX movie,
so happy that it is just about a camera Laughing Laughing Laughing

Great that you finally got it and it seems to perform very well!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats C. thats great. we're happy too. What lens did you used? I must save for this cam. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a stop over the NEX 3 in ISO .The 6400 seems on par with the 3200 on NEX3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely bit o' kit - congrats, Carsten.
I'm not envious, not a bit, oh no.

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Gosh, when I read the title, I thought it was from a XXX movie,

Klaus, we all must admit that we feel some kind of erotic crackle when it comes to cams and lenses, right? Wink

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carsten, tell us about the viewfinder!
How do you find focusing a manual lens through the electronic viewfinder?
Easy? Not so easy? Wonderful? What?

(Be careful what you are going to say, the EVF for the 5N is 350€ Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing )

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The EVF is good, not as good as a decent optical viewfinder, but the best EVF I have ever looked through!
Manual focussing is easily possible, not only because of the high resolution but also because the focus peak feature is active in the EVF as well (if you want it).
And all those parameters you can see in the EVF (if you want then to show up) are an advantage compared to an optical finder.

You can set almost anything with this cam, assing almost any funtion to any of the buttons and wheels. The NEX-7 offers a fantastic handling once you have found "your" setting.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
You can set almost anything with this cam, assing almost any funtion to any of the buttons and wheels. The NEX-7 offers a fantastic handling once you have found "your" setting.

Assing????? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:

Assing????? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ooops! Embarassed Laughing Laughing Laughing

"assign" of course... Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

I hope this will teach Canon and Nikon a few lessons in ergonomics.

My NEX-5N was a bit troublesome at first.
After assigning my desired functions to the soft keys, it is perfect.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nkanellopoulos wrote:

My NEX-5N was a bit troublesome at first.
After assigning my desired functions to the soft keys, it is perfect.

Yes, same with the NEX-7.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nkanellopoulos wrote:
This is outrageous!!!
They included a body cap!

lol

What a camera Smile when I see this I think my NEX-3 has to leave soon.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, I knew I responded to this thread, so where were my posts? Then I remembered the other manual focus forum. Tricky guy!

Okay, I can understand trumpeting such a thing wide and loud. It sure looks like a great performer. And I agree with nkanellopoulos re: ergonomics. Actually, I hope that Canon and Nikon are taking serious notice about the whole MILC thing. Nikon definitely seems to have gone off on a strange tangent with the "1", and Canon remains silent. Maybe that's a good thing?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
And I agree with nkanellopoulos re: ergonomics. Actually, I hope that Canon and Nikon are taking serious notice about the whole MILC thing. Nikon definitely seems to have gone off on a strange tangent with the "1", and Canon remains silent. Maybe that's a good thing?

At last, there is some serious competition for Canon and Nikon.
This is definitely a good thing.
I can now have image quality similar to my 5D, for a total of 600gr.

Canon may not be willing to "cannibalize" its DSLR market, but now they cannot avoid it IMHO.
I hate SONY (do you remember the Sony rootkit in music CDs?), but I already have aNEX.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, I never would have imagined to buy Sony equipment.
The Alpha 900 was pretty impressive when I saw it first at the Photokina in 2008, but when I saw the high ISO images back home, I was shocked! My 350D made a better impression! Shocked

And as you said all that Sony nagging of customers - terrible.

But they seem to be consistently and clandestinally creep into our lives, just like parasites. Wink
Now, I have five (!) Sony cams (Mavica CD300, V505, V1, NEX-3, NEX-7) and a Sony smartphone. And the mailman just delivered my wife's new smartphone. Guess what? A Sony Ericson! Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first outdoor shots are online. CLICK

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been a big fan of Sony, either. They are almost always more expensive than their competitors and they tend to force folks to go along with proprietary systems when they can get away with it. E.g. the memory stick, and Beta Max for example. I wasn't happy when I learned that Sony won the HD DVD wars with their Blue Ray technology, but I guess that hasn't been too bad. And they seem to be doing a reasonably good job with the former Minolta system. And the NEX system has, if nothing else, put all the big camera companies on notice that they'd better not ignore it any longer. So in this respect, I consider it to be a good thing because it will generate competition. In fact, it reminds me of the 1980s, when Minolta was the first company to release a working AF system before anyone else, and it caused the industry to scramble for a few years before they were able to compete effectively. Sony has pulled off a Minolta in this respect with the NEX and has, to a fairly significant extent, largely eclipsed the whole m4/3 movement -- or so it appears to me. So things are gonna get real interesting in the next couple of years. Rumors are that Canon will be releasing an MILC sometime next year. I look forward to seeing what they come up with. Hopefully it won't be in the Nikon 1 direction.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Rumors are that Canon will be releasing an MILC sometime next year. I look forward to seeing what they come up with. Hopefully it won't be in the Nikon 1 direction.

Amen to the last part!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
cooltouch wrote:
Rumors are that Canon will be releasing an MILC sometime next year. I look forward to seeing what they come up with. Hopefully it won't be in the Nikon 1 direction.

Amen to the last part!

What Nikon did is ridiculous, to say it politely.