Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron SP 5,6/300 (54B)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steinheil Auto-D-Tele-Quinar 135mm f/2.8 & Steinheil Tele-Quinar 200mm f/4.5.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mir wrote:
Tamron SP 5,6/300 (54B)

caspert79 wrote:
Steinheil Auto-D-Tele-Quinar 135mm f/2.8

Interesting lenses I've never been able to test and use - I'm looking forward to reading about your experiences!

caspert79 wrote:
Steinheil Tele-Quinar 200mm f/4.5.

Beautiful lens as well - I got mine tigether with Minolta's rare first SLR, the SR-2. Obviously the original owner, a professional photographer from eastern Switzerland, was preferring to use German lenses, and not the original Minolta ones (which probably were better).

S

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another sonnar derivative.
Petri CC Auto 135 f3.5
Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Another sonnar derivative. Petri CC Auto 135 f3.5

Looks very nice!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Mir wrote:
Tamron SP 5,6/300 (54B)

caspert79 wrote:
Steinheil Auto-D-Tele-Quinar 135mm f/2.8

Interesting lenses I've never been able to test and use - I'm looking forward to reading about your experiences!

caspert79 wrote:
Steinheil Tele-Quinar 200mm f/4.5.

Beautiful lens as well - I got mine tigether with Minolta's rare first SLR, the SR-2. Obviously the original owner, a professional photographer from eastern Switzerland, was preferring to use German lenses, and not the original Minolta ones (which probably were better).

S

What's your experience with the Tele-Quinar 200mm f/4.5? Have you compared it with other 200mm lenses? There's not too much reliable information on it on the internet.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:

What's your experience with the Tele-Quinar 200mm f/4.5? Have you compared it with other 200mm lenses? There's not too much reliable information on it on the internet.

When I got it, it was badly fogged - and therefore I left it on shelf for quite a while until I found the time to clean it (which was much easier than with CZJ lenses from the same time). Even before cleaning it was obvious that the lens wouldn't be as sharp as the later Japanese 200mm lenses from the 1970s. That impression was confirmed after cleaning. I have not compared the bokeh and rendering though. Maybe I'll find some time tomorrow to complare it with the Minolta MC-X 4.5/200mm and the Nikkor ED 2.8/180mm.

S

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Another sonnar derivative. Petri CC Auto 135 f3.5

Looks very nice!

Thank you - yes some Petri CC Auto lenses came with silver focusing barrels.
This one has fungus, but it should be an easy clean.
I will post some images from it when it is ready.
Cheers
Tom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't not have a Super-Multi-Coated version of the Takumar 135mm 3.5 so that is coming in. I also discovered there is an early version Super-Takumar 28mm F3.5 with a totally different lens design from the later version and S-M-C. Also 58mm filters instead of 49 because of the large front element. So I had to have that as well. Found a cheap one where someone managed to detach the front ring containing the name ring. I hope I can fix that.

Seller pic:

This is a side by side of the different versions I found on https://www.photo.net/discuss/threads/super-takumar-28mm-f-3-5.327836/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quite early zebra-look STEINHEIL EDIXA AUTO-CASSARON 2.8/50mm in M42 mount

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
I couldn't not have a Super-Multi-Coated version of the Takumar 135mm 3.5 so that is coming in. I also discovered there is an early version Super-Takumar 28mm F3.5 with a totally different lens design from the later version and S-M-C. Also 58mm filters instead of 49 because of the large front element. So I had to have that as well. Found a cheap one where someone managed to detach the front ring containing the name ring. I hope I can fix that.

Seller pic:

This is a side by side of the different versions I found on https://www.photo.net/discuss/threads/super-takumar-28mm-f-3-5.327836/

Nice, I’m curious how it performs.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:

Seller pic:

Congrats The late 1:3.5/28 shows less distortion but I think the early version has more character.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
D1N0 wrote:

Seller pic:

Congrats The late 1:3.5/28 shows less distortion but I think the early version has more character.

I was hoping for that. No point in collecting all perfect lenses you can't tell the difference between Wink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leitz Hektor 2.5/150mm (projector lens, but might have quite a nice rendering If one looks at other fast Hektor lenses)
Irix 2.5/15mm
Tokina AT-X 4-4.5/28-135mm

The latter should have the same optics as the Konica AR 28-135mm which I already had before.

S

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sankyo Kohki Komura 135mm 1:2.8 seller pic:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yashica Lynx 1000 with the rare rumored Zunow lens.

Has anyone else here researched this? I have only seen Japanese blog posts about it.

One thing is certain, the lens is different from the usual version. I've only seen 2 or 3 like this for sale.

The Lynx 1000 is interesting in more ways, there are small differences between units other than the lens.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super-Takumar 85mm f/1.9.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:

Good one!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sankyo Kohki Komura 135mm 1:2.8

Both wonderful lenses and favourites of mine
Congratulations
Tom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Congrats Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:

Has anyone else here researched this? I have only seen Japanese blog posts about it.

One thing is certain, the lens is different from the usual version. I've only seen 2 or 3 like this for sale.

The Lynx 1000 is interesting in more ways, there are small differences between units other than the lens.

I have the 5000e with the same lens. It's reputed as one of the better in yashica RF cameras.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto-Tak 105
Auto-Takumar 105mm !:2.8 by The lens profile, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="papasito"]
blotafton wrote:

I have the 5000e with the same lens. It's reputed as one of the better in yashica RF cameras.

The usual lens is said to made by Tomioka. Does your camera have the "No" in front the serial number in the same style? And the "8" in 1:1.8 is the same size as the other numbers? Then it could be a Zunow if the rumor is true.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
Auto-Tak 105

Congrats Like 1 Like 1 character!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
D1N0 wrote:
Auto-Tak 105