Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boris_Akunin wrote:

Is that the Novoflex ASTAT tripod collar on the PC-Distagon?

yes it is

l9magen wrote:
Jan, can you please post some results from the Mirotar when you get them? Many thanks

I will but this can take a bit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samyang 35mm f/1.4.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sold a never used Canon 135L with just the 5D2 left to go!!

I instantly spent some of the income on a Helios 77M-4 and a cheap FD28/2.8 Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl Zeiss Ultron 1,8/50

(...with the concave front glass)

Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
Samyang 35mm f/1.4.

I get one and found it very soft wide open. maybe my lens is a lemon. did yours ?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta MD 5.6/250mm RF mirror lens.
Surprisingly sharp, better than the Minolta RF 8/500mm (no CAs, less vignetting).
And at CHF/USD/EUR 100.-- a real bargain which i couldn't resist Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebbm wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:
Samyang 35mm f/1.4.

I get one and found it very soft wide open. maybe my lens is a lemon. did yours ?

Wide open the depth of field is razor thin so it can appear soft all around the focus area. But the focus area is sharp. Shoot at a different f/stop and it will sharpen up rapidly. 2.8 works for me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up a Tamron Adaptall-2 500mm SP F8 55BB mirror lens a couple of months back in really bad condition. It cost 3000yen (the equivalent of about $30 USD).

It was literally crawling with fungus.... Front element, main mirror, a little on the secondary mirror, rear element, middle element.... and a de-lamination starting on the rear element.
A couple of days ago, I decided to see if I could improve things!!!! Opened it up, cleaned it. Still a touch of fungus in places I couldn't get to, and no way to fix the de-lam. Could not get the surface perfect on the front element.

Anyway, here are the results. Sony A7, no photo-shopping, no contrast or saturation adjustment.

Notice the donut style bokeh to the right. The best part is that there's absolutely no CA anywhere. The contrast is good.

Crop:

I think this was worth the money !!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dnas wrote:
I picked up a Tamron Adaptall-2 500mm SP F8 55BB mirror lens a couple of months back in really bad condition. It cost 3000yen (the equivalent of about $30 USD).

It was literally crawling with fungus.... Front element, main mirror, a little on the secondary mirror, rear element, middle element.... and a de-lamination starting on the rear element.
A couple of days ago, I decided to see if I could improve things!!!! Opened it up, cleaned it. Still a touch of fungus in places I couldn't get to, and no way to fix the de-lam. Could not get the surface perfect on the front element.

Anyway, here are the results. Sony A7, no photo-shopping, no contrast or saturation adjustment.

Notice the donut style bokeh to the right. The best part is that there's absolutely no CA anywhere. The contrast is good.

Crop:

I think this was worth the money !!!!!!

Beautiful results.
Good on you for seeing the potential in this lens.
Money well spent indeed.
OH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your good fortune. A couple years back, I picked up a Tamron 55B (the first 500mm mirror) for a good price, only to find that there was some delamination occurring in the group adjacent to the secondary element. It was all sealed, so I wasn't able to get to the spot where the delmination was occurring. It had affected about 30% of the surface.

In my case, this delamination severely affected performance, so I'm glad to read that you've escaped this fate. It's a great lens, btw. I own a copy as well.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the interesting name plate, aus Jena DDR 50/2.8

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a Minolta 100mm f4 macro in very good condition including the 1:1 extension tube. .. for my Sony A6000 as my Sigma 105 mm macro and the Fotodiox auto adapter sucks worse than hell ... Wink

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My newest additions:

Minolta MD 50/1.2, Soligor C/D 135/2, Pentax "K" 28/3.5

The Soligor is going right back on sale, the Pentax is a definite keeper. I'm not sure yet if the MD50/1.2 will replace my MC50/1.4 (I already have the MC58/1.2).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest acquisition !!!!!

And an image from the Minolta MD 135mm F2.0

Wide open. Look at the Bokeh!!!!

Crop

The lens is not perfect. There was some fungus which I have mostly removed. That's the reason it only cost 20,000yen (about $200 USD)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got another new to me lens yesterday. I bought on Ebay a Sigma 100mm EX DG f/2.8 macro lens. Cost was $200.00 plus $18.24 shipping. Very good price for a lens that had been used to shoot only around 300 photos. Lens is as new. My K1 kit is almost complete. A good review here. http://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/sigma-105mm-f2-8-ex-dg-macro.html

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dnas wrote:
Latest acquisition !!!!!

The lens is not perfect. There was some fungus which I have mostly removed. That's the reason it only cost 20,000yen (about $200 USD)

Fungus or not, that's a great price, I've seen those sell for beyond $1000.
I'll go wipe up my drool now...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-M-C Takumar 50mm F1.4

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got myself a relatively inexpensive C/Y Planar 85/1.4. Of course now I feel it was a mistake and that I should have gone with ZE or ZF version.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
Got myself a relatively inexpensive C/Y Planar 85/1.4. Of course now I feel it was a mistake and that I should have gone with ZE or ZF version.

what the difference between them ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I bought Mir-1B 37mm f/2.8 lens in good condition for 15€. Serial number starts with 94, so the lens is made in 1994, right?

Less than a month ago I bought Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar MC 180mm f/2.8 DDR for Pentacon Six mount for 100€, that price included 86mm protection filter and Canon EOS adapter which I believe is quite expensive. My copy of this lens is also quite new, possibly made in the late 80s or early 90s and is in almost mint condition. What a beautiful lens, and a great deal!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebbm wrote:
Gardener wrote:

what the difference between them ?

They are very similar optically to C/Y. One (ZE) is native Canon EF mount, the other (there are actually two of them, ZF and ZF.2) is Nikon Ai-s/Ai-p. After that the differences are mount-related: metering, aperture control, focus assist.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dnas wrote:
Latest acquisition !!!!!

Dang, that is a rare bird! Like 1 small

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hexanon 24mm 1:2.8 Wink
Together with a recently acquired very early (chrome nose) FD 2.8/24mm and a Zeiss CY Distagon 2.8/25mm it should make a nice update to the earlier 24mm test published on artaphot...

To be published soon Wink

Stephan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest additions are a rare 58mm f2 Takumar early pre-set (Sonnar-1964) in very nice condition and an 85mm f1.8 Auto-Takumar.
The 85mm f1.8 Takumar came in it's original box, with brown leather lens case,original front and back caps and is in mint condition.
It was an extremely good buy from MW Classic in London.I had been looking for this lens for ages.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up this Minolta MD 35mm f/2.8 on Ebay a couple of minutes ago (39€ + shipping), I'm pretty sure it's going to replace my MD35/1.8. I don't use 35mm much so I can't really justify keeping the 1.8 (it's selling for pretty hefty prices right now...). The 35/1.8's aperture ring jumps from f/1.8 right to f/2.8 (why, Minolta, why?) and the 2.8 is going to be sharper from f/2.8 onwards anyway.

Btw, my freshly acquired Minolta MD 50/1.2 is already sold off again. I didn't quite see the point in keeping it, the MC50/1.4 handles better (same size & weight, smoother and lighter focus ring) and the MC58/1.2 has better bokeh (the 50/1.2 may be just a tad sharper at f/1.2 but the extra 8mm just make more of a difference).