Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prakticar 3.5/135. Forgot I already had one. Sad

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Prakticar 3.5/135. Forgot I already had one. Sad

Is it a Sonnar type?
T

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's the good old Sonnar 3.5/135 in new clothes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yashinon-R 135mm f/2.8, with 16 blade aperture. I think manufactured by Kyoei Optics.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Yashinon-R 135mm f/2.8, with 16 blade aperture. I think manufactured by Kyoei Optics.

I'm interested to know how you like that lens. I've got a Super Yashinon-R 35mm 2.8, and I like it a lot. That lens got me interested in the other Super Yashinon-R lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron 28mm f2.8 & 135 f2.8 both early versions of the adapt-a-matic line

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very old Nikon lens (very old is in my case defined as: older then I am Smile):

It is the Nippon Kogaku Nikoor-Q.C 13,5cm f/3.5 on my Nikon Z6 with a M39 adapter. The sun hood is a Walz #114 1A.
Nice lens that works well with my Z6. The only issue is flare. And it a rather heavy lens; focusing is very smooth.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my Canon FD SSC 50mm f1.4 today.
I mentioned earlier I got it for $25.
It was listed as parts or not working.
By the pics it looked liked it needed to be taken apart to clean the optics.
Nope. It's in great shape, works fine.
The only thing that needed cleaning was the outside of the rear lens. It had finger prints on it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Got my Canon FD SSC 50mm f1.4 today.
I mentioned earlier I got it for $25.
It was listed as parts or not working.
By the pics it looked liked it needed to be taken apart to clean the optics.
Nope. It's in great shape, works fine.
The only thing that needed cleaning was the outside of the rear lens. It had finger prints on it.

Nice! Good price. and certainly a good lens.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ijlo2000"]Tamron 28mm f2.8 & 135 f2.8 both early versions of the adapt-a-matic line[/quote!

Coincidentally i found the same "Auto Tamron 1:2.8 f=135mm" yesterday in the waste bin of a local shop. Mechanically a really nice lens, all metal of course, and very smooth focusing. Unless you want to generate a distinct "vintage" look or shoot landscapes at f11, I would not recommend it for actual digital FF photography. The images below are 100% crops from the extreme corner of JPGs out of the 43MP Sony A7RII:

CLICK TWICE AT THE IMAGE TO SEE THE FULL RESOLUTION!

Stephan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being essentially the regular man's portrait lens Tamron probably optimized it for closer distances. I've not used it much yet bet these shots look pretty decent.

Foggy Bokeh by The lens profile, on Flickr

Crocus Time by The lens profile, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last 50mm Pancolar in PB mount.
Not to be confused with the Pentacon that looks similar which has Meyer Oreston heritage
T

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
Being essentially the regular man's portrait lens Tamron probably optimized it for closer distances. I've not used it much yet bet these shots look pretty decent.

The SP 28-135mm?
If so how to you like using it?
Nice samples btw.
The bokeh on the Crocus photo reminds me of my SP 28-80mm.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
D1N0 wrote:

The SP 28-135mm?
If so how to you like using it?
Nice samples btw.
The bokeh on the Crocus photo reminds me of my SP 28-80mm.

No this is The Auto-Tamron Adapt-a-matic 135mm 2.8. The 28-135 takes some getting used to (engage macro under two meters). Here is a shot with it at CFD at 28mm (Highest magnification).

Daisy in the grass by The lens profile, on Flickr

and two shots of this scene First at 28mm F4 to isolate the stump, second at Hyperfocal F13 to get most in focus.
28mm Isolate F4 by The lens profile, on Flickr

28-mm Hyperfocal by The lens profile, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
Looks good!
Is it comfortable to hold?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a new lens.
The Canon nFD 3.5 28-50mm.
Similar to the FD 35-70mm f/2.8-3.5 S.S.C.
Seems to be in good shape.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
Thanks!
Looks good!
Is it comfortable to hold?

It is a heavy SOB. Especially extended to 135mm. For Walk around the 28-80 is probably better suited Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many on the road. 1st arrived is a Kyoei 105mm f/3.5 Super-Acall. Lens is in excellent condition for its age. Unfortunately, due to seller's poor package, the lens has a bent filter rim during shipping. Sad(

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rokinon 14mm ED AS IF UMD f/2.8

This is an outstanding rectilinear ultra-wide for the FF Canon 5D Mk IV. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkedAddled wrote:
Rokinon 14mm ED AS IF UMD f/2.8

This is an outstanding rectilinear ultra-wide for the FF Canon 5D Mk IV. Wink

I recently got the Samyang sibling - and the lens i got confirms the information you can find in the net:

* very sharp, even in the corners (compared to vintage 14mm lenses)
* exteme distortion with a difficult-to-correct shape (simply too much for my taste)
* badly de-centered (most of the real world sample have this issue)

Since there was still more than a year guarantee on the (used) lens, i sent it in for repair / replacement. Now I'm still waiting for the lens to return (more than one month actually).

S

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received this early Sigma preset 135/2.5, seen here with the other early (rebadged) Sigma lenses I have managed to find elsewhere, all showing something of a family resemblence with the Orange/White aperture and focus scales.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During the last two weeks I found quite a few lenses - starting last week with a beautiful (and extremely small) Agfa Telinear 1:4/90 and some doubtful stuff such as the Sun 2.5/24mm (by far the worst 24mm lens i have) or the Auto Tamron 2.8/135mm (an early Adaptall lens). Not much later a cheap Pentax A 3.5-4.5/28-80mm [8/8] arrvived, then a well built Cosinon MC 28-50mm (fot Nikon AI), then an Minolta AF 2.8/50mm with blocked AF (was repaired within an hour or so) and a like new Minolta AF 1.4/85mm, and finally a first generation Canon EF 3.5-4.5/28-80mm (cheap looking/feeling plastic lens).

This week the rare Nikkor ED Ai 4.5/300mm (non-IF!) was found in my favored camera store, along with an Ai 2/35mm and a most beautiful F2 with MD-3 motor. Finally today i got a Meyer Telemegor 5.5/40cm along with a Canon 1D MkII and the Leica R Elmarit 2.8/135mm ... and a Pentax Super A & SMC-A 4/24-50mm!

Here the large Telemegor and the Pentax Super a with 4/24-50mm:

Uh ... and I forgot the Yashica 4/100mm Macro on my "new" Dental Eye III!

Obviously a lot of stuff to play with during the next weeks ...!

S

EDIT: for additional information on my "new" Yashica Dental Eye III see also this thread (scroll down!):
http://forum.mflenses.com/show-us-your-cameras-t78192,start,50.html#

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid 45 pounds for this one. Not very cheap but still at the lower range for what they are going for. Glass is clear and it moves smoothly and it came with a rear adaptall cap which is pretty rare. It does give you a scare though when you check out the glass because it looks like there is a giant air bubble right in the middle of the rear element. It is the center point of the transparent rear cap...)
Tamron SP Adaptall-2 35-80mm 1:2.8-3.8 CF Macro BBAR MC 01A by The lens profile, on Flickr

Tamron SP Adaptall-2 35-80mm 1:2.8-3.8 CF Macro BBAR MC 01A by The lens profile, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1964 Canon 1.4/50

I've completed my Canon RF lenses collection...

thanks to luisalegria for starting my Canon RF craze... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mir wrote:
1964 Canon 1.4/50
I've completed my Canon RF lenses collection...
thanks to luisalegria for starting my Canon RF craze... Rolling Eyes

I guess you mean the Canon lenses for the original R bayonet mount (later transformed in to FL and FD/nFD mounts)?
However i can't find a Canon R 1.4/50mm, only the R 1.8/50mm and the R 1.2/58mm ...
Are you talking about the FL 1.4/50mm?

S