Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SHOW US YOUR CAMERAS!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice one from the mid-1980s Wink

Stephan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most, but not all, of my cameras.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my MF-Minoltas:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a few different cameras, but the two that I enjoy the most are my Nikomat FTN and Nikon F4
Here is the F4s - a work of art
Tom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure enough, i prefer the "odd" Nikons - the F, the F3 and the F5 Wink
There's also an F4 here, but it feels to heavy and a bit clumsy, especially compared to the Minolta 9000 i was using back then, around 1987.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta X-700 with Motor Drive and Multi Function Back:

Stephan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax LX, a most beautiful professional SLR with exchangeable viewfinder, here shown with motor and the Pentax M* 4/300mm ED lens:

Same camera, but "new" F* 4.5/300mm ED lens:

S

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikon FE with Motor drive and AiS Nikkor 2.8/24mm, bought locally in a thrift store for CHF (USD/EUR) 40.--, and a Nikon FE2, bought at a flea market for CHF 30.-- (including the nice yellow camera strap). The Nikkor 2.8/28mm was a gift from a collector from Zurich:

S

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon F-1 (old) with the FD 2/28mm and FD 2/35mm lenses:
Very nice set, bought from three different (private) sources, for totally about CHF 350.--

And an EF with an early silver nose FD 3.5/135mm - both in a very nice shape.
I found the EF camera in a Zurich camera shop for CHF 40.--; the 135mm probably comes from the waste bin of a local camera shop, but i'm not completely sure about that ...

S

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta XD-11 - very uncommon here in Switzerland, especially if it's not a camera imported through ebay! This one, along with the corresponding "Rokkor-X" lenses, comes from a Swiss entrepreneur who bought it in the US when he was young: Look at the beautiful camera strap!

The XD-11 of course was sold as the XD-7 in Europe and as XD in Japan.

S

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two not-so-common SLRs from the early 1960s, the Konica FP and the FM (with built-in meter). These cameras have the Konica F bayonet, not the later and larger AR mount! Alpong with the 52mm f1.4 and f1.8 Hexanons mounted on the FM and FP, respectively, there's also the Konica F Hexanon 2.8/35mm (middle) and the extremely rare Konica 1.8/85mm for the (older) Konica F SLR.

The FM including the 1.4/52mm and the 1.8/85mm as well as the 2.8/35mm were found independently in a small rural area in eastern Switzerland. I'm aware of a F Hexanon 3.5/200mm sold in the same area, but i missed it. Possibly all this stuff was related in some way. and maybe there's, somwhere, a Konica F sitting quietly on a shelf, in the same area. Or maybe not: It may have proven unreliable, and replaced by the FM shown here ...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new one (well, technically bought a month ago), freshly refurbished, serviced and upgraded by Arax (MLU added and interiors flocked)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazer0ne wrote:
stevemark wrote:
Two not-so-common SLRs from the early 1960s, the Konica FP and the FM (with built-in meter). These cameras have the Konica F bayonet, not the later and larger AR mount! Alpong with the 52mm f1.4 and f1.8 Hexanons mounted on the FM and FP, respectively, there's also the Konica F Hexanon 2.8/35mm (middle) and the extremely rare Konica 1.8/85mm for the (older) Konica F

Have you made any observations about the optical performance of the Konica 1.8/85mm?

The distance marks on the focus ring are odd, yet entertaining, and the ring itself looks of sure handed cinematic size.

No, i haven't - i don't have any adapter for the Konica F-mount! Of course i have some experience with AR 1.8/85mm, but that one obviously has a different optical construction (i know that some sources claim otherwise, but i have both lenses here and the difference is obvious).

Stephan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another interesting one - the Yashica Dental Eye III from 1998. I just got it from my favored camera store.

It's a pretty interesting and easy-going macro camera. Its outer shell obviously was derived from the Contax RX, but i've no idea about the inside construction!

* 4/100mm Yashica Macro lens
* it goes from 1:15 down to 1:1
* nicely machined engravings for distance, f-number, and scale

* Lens barrel is made of metal
* Focusing is smooth and very easy, due to the large focusing grip
* aperture is automatically set to f4 (1:15), f5.6 (1:11), f8 (1:6), f11 (1:4), f16 (1:2) and f22 (1:1)

* Built-in ring flash (much less cumbersome than the usual clip-on systems!); green light in viewfinder indicates that the flash is ready
* Accessory shoe with X-contact and additional dedicated Yashica contacts
* usable film speed with flash ISO 50 - 400, without flash ISO 25-5000
* flash mode selector: flash (all three lamps lit), flash2 (only two lamps lit), no flash at all
* exposure compensation from -1 EV to +1 EF

Overall it seems to be a much nicer camera than i had expected ...

Stephan

Last edited by stevemark on Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:15 am    Post subject: Olympus OM2n with a loaned Zuiko 50mm f3.5 Macro lens Reply with quote

a fellow camera club member loaned me his Olympus 50mm f3.5 Macro Lens to play with -- I got some quite good photos .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my favourite camera yesterday (maybe today too Smile )

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With silly prices being paid for Pentax K1000's at the moment, it is easy to forget that there were better cameras from Pentax from the same time period.
This is my K2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
With silly prices being paid for Pentax K1000's at the moment, it is easy to forget that there were better cameras from Pentax from the same time period.

So true! This is my MX, which obviously has been used heavily. I bought it from the headquarter of the local Kantonspolizei Nidwalden. Probably it was used "on the road" and has seen a fair number of quite sad things. But then that's part of life as well ...

S

EDIT
I paid about CHF (USD/EUR) 30.-- for the set shown above Wink

Last edited by stevemark on Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:

Another one from that time period (remember, the K1000 was made for a very long time ...)
In the early 1980s, just four 35mm SLRs with an exchangeable viewfinder were made - and the Pentax LX shown here was probably the most underrated.

This one i bought from a former scientist who had used it - together with the amazing Pentax A* ED 4/200 Macro - for research and documentation of insects and butterflies.
The 4/200 ED Macro was really worn out, so I was hesitating to buy it - which was probably a mistake: the lens is way better than the contemporary Canon nFD 4/200mm Macro or the Nikkor 4/200mm Macro.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite cameras from my collection:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Konica FT-1, I had one with silver top.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly my mint silver FT-1 has dead electronics.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I got another nice Nikon SLR which I had striven for since years. Of course I simply could have bought one from ebay, but that's not my way of collecting stuff ...

Last week I was given a Nikon MD-15 motor drive. It's the dedicated drive for the Nikon FA (even though you can use the more common MD-11/MD12 drives on the FA as well). At the same time I was looking locally for an FA, and a few days later i found one, finally ... which I would pick up today, after a long day of work Wink.

The Nikon FA is well known as one of the top-notch MF SLRs. The one I got today has even a roll of film inside, only partly used! I'll shoot the remaining 28 or so images tomorrow, develop the film and then add more comments about the camera. And some images of the "new" Nikon, of course!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Sadly my mint silver FT-1 has dead electronics.

Have you opened the top cover? Often problem is flat cable insulations which are easy to fix.