Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SHOW US YOUR CAMERAS!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to keep this thread alive and rolling with a few more from my collection.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
kievuser wrote:
I will post some vintage Chinese cameras.

Here is a Chinese Shanghai 58-2 rangefinder camera. There are 5 or 6 versions made between 1958-1963. This is an earlier version.

Zhang

Where can you buy one of these?

Sorry for a late reply. I just saw this. These are offered at ebay occasionally. But collectors would like to find a one with 4 screws in the cold shoe and even better with strap lugs with 4 digits s/ns.These are early versions,and much less often to find.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A recently bought FTb black in excellent condition. Laugh 1 I have been looking for one for months.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A black version is quite uncommon.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes a name may be technically accurate, but just doesn't translate well, does it?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Sometimes a name may be technically accurate, but just doesn't translate well, does it?

Earlier cameras by that factory had a brand name "Panda". I prefer Panda to Peacock for its name.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few classical Minolta SLRs:

Stephan

Last edited by stevemark on Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here' the only SLR of the Mamiya CS system:

Of course there were a few derivatives such as the NC-1000s or a silver body NC-1000, but basically the NC system consisted of only one camera...

Stephan

Last edited by stevemark on Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:52 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be a mare to dig everything out; specially since I'm in the middle of preparing to move...

However, I give you.. Little and Large.. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject: Some more of my 'Recent Old Gift Cameras' Reply with quote

Recent 'Gifts' from Kind People who know I can give them a 'Good Home' . OM-10 had to have all light seal strips renewed, Pentax has 1/1000th second shutter problems and battery contact snapped off. There was a FILM in the 1936 Zeiss Ikon folder a Kodak Verichrome Pan --- I processed it in DK50 Formula 1+1 and got 5 useable negs and printed them for the Lady.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon new F1:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the Pentax equivalent to Canons new F1, the rather underrater Pentax LX - together with the M* 4/300mm ED lens:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hobby to use the crappiest cameras.

My latest acquisition: Praktica Super TL, non functioning meter, times work only 1/60 and below, got it free. Helios without automatic aperture, I had it in parts for years in the storage but managed to assemble it.

DIY large format camera: Moment soviet polaroid lens and shutter. Frame made of some recycled stuff. Bellows is black plastic trash bag, ground glass baking paper and film holder cardboard. I use it to shoot on ancient Kodak Bromide paper.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskalaCafe wrote:
DIY large format camera: Moment soviet polaroid lens and shutter. Frame made of some recycled stuff. Bellows is black plastic trash bag, ground glass baking paper and film holder cardboard. I use it to shoot on ancient Kodak Bromide paper.

Funny thing! Thank You Dog
Is the plastic trash bag dark enough for the bellows?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Is the plastic trash bag dark enough for the bellows?

Not very good, contemplating replacing it with black leather type material, if I happen to see it somewhere. All parts except the lens are something I found here in my house, aka recycled camera. For paper negatives it does work but wouldn't put film there yet.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the latest addition to my ever growing East German collection...

Bit of an ebay find as the listing didn't paint it in the best of light and I was really bidding to get my hands on the 50mm f/2.8 Tessar that came with it; one of the earlier metal versions, i.e late 50s.

On arrival, it blew me away. It is impeccably clean - it's like its been used once a put away.. Tiny dint on one side of the body but otherwise it's virtually a museum piece. It's still got the sticker on the inside of the case from the store on Charing Cross Road in London it was sold from - now gone, I've checked..

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax 200mm lenses (2) par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax K (2) par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

womble wrote:

Pentax K (2) par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

interesting, the shutter looks exactly like Zenits, as I remember it rotates when you fire the shutter or was it when you arm it?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:

I've recently got a Sigma Widerama same like yours ,it's the widest lens i've ever tried and it seems very soft corners, it's true i didn't gave it more time, as i asume this lens needs more practice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite 35MM cameras.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my cams