Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikon series E 100mm 2.8. Seen some nice results here.
I have to order a new adapter for my Nex. I didn't have any Nikon glass for reflex cameras.
I only had two enlarging Nikkors so far.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
I have to order a new adapter for my Nex. I didn't have any Nikon glass for reflex cameras.

How much do they go for now? I've seen nice samples shots and.....the really small size of the lens is making me curious to have one

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid € 68.45 p&p included.
But I am not sure that it is a normal price for now.
For a good, sharp lens in good condition I don't think I overpaid.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one - Industar 22 for my Zorki 4
Tom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:

That's actually quite a good price, they are usually around $90-100

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:

Minolfan wrote:

The 2.8/100mm, 2.5/100m or 2.5/105mm vintage lenses from well known Japanese manufacturers such as the Canon FD/nFD 2.8/100mm, Konica AR 2.8/100mm, Minolta 2.5/100mm and Nikkor 2.5/105mm are all really nice lenses. They certainly are worth the roughly CHF/EUR/USD 100.-- they usually cost.

S

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added another Minolta lens To my collection.
MC Tele Celtic QD 135mm f3.5. This was the first of the Celtic line. The only Celtic that was all metal. No rubber grip.
Came out in 1972, but used a MC1 style grip.
They didn't even use the Minolta name on it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I decided to go into lens buying semi-retirement with a bang..

Finally got a Biotar 58/2, in Exa mount; an early uncoated chrome version. Seller said it had stiff focus.. Pffft.. He's obviously never experienced proper East German stiffness.. 🤣

Also picked up a Meyer Optik 135/4 Domigor for the Pentina. But niche but I haven't seen many of them around so pounced on it.

In the post there's also a CZJ Biometar 120/2.8. Now I understand that's normally a P6 lens but going by the images it does look like it might be an Exakta mount. It's pre Zebra design as well. I'm curious as to what it will be but regardless it should be interesting ; im rapidly finding the Biometar 80/2.8 in P6 is a bit of a go to lens these days so if it's anything like that it'll be a winner.. 😁

Other than that also grabbed a Porst Weitwinkel 35/2.8 in m42. I presume it's some kind of 60s Jap rebrand. (I'm also figuring one of my first blog posts may be a round up/road test of the obscure wide angles I've got.. 😁)

Final item though was a Voigtlander Color-Skopal X 50/2.8 in DKL... OMG. It is CUTE. 🤣 Seriously though, out of the dkl lenses I've got I think it might just be the most practical. Good focal length/speed and its one I actually do have fecking lens caps/filters for. Tried it out a little at home last night and the colours are something else. Hoping to get a few proper test shots with it if I get a chance today. Best of it was, it shipped with a DKL macro convertor.. 😁

So that is IT for the foreseeable. Going to finally list all the surplus on ebay this weekend, so I'll post an update on my thread in marketplace to confirm this.

And then it's time to get this blog thing started.., 😬📸

Out of interest, has anyone had any experience with using the Lab Box yet? That's a future consideration though as my first task is going to be working out a scanning system for negatives using a FF DSLR and vintage slide xopyingg equipment (largely Pentacon.. Me obsessed.. Never! 🤣)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gott23 wrote:
So I decided to go into lens buying semi-retirement with a bang..

Finally got a Biotar 58/2, in Exa mount; an early uncoated chrome version. Seller said it had stiff focus.. Pffft.. He's obviously never experienced proper East German stiffness.. 🤣

Also picked up a Meyer Optik 135/4 Domigor for the Pentina. But niche but I haven't seen many of them around so pounced on it.

In the post there's also a CZJ Biometar 120/2.8. Now I understand that's normally a P6 lens but going by the images it does look like it might be an Exakta mount. It's pre Zebra design as well. I'm curious as to what it will be but regardless it should be interesting ; im rapidly finding the Biometar 80/2.8 in P6 is a bit of a go to lens these days so if it's anything like that it'll be a winner.. 😁

Other than that also grabbed a Porst Weitwinkel 35/2.8 in m42. I presume it's some kind of 60s Jap rebrand. (I'm also figuring one of my first blog posts may be a round up/road test of the obscure wide angles I've got.. 😁)

Final item though was a Voigtlander Color-Skopal X 50/2.8 in DKL... OMG. It is CUTE. 🤣 Seriously though, out of the dkl lenses I've got I think it might just be the most practical. Good focal length/speed and its one I actually do have fecking lens caps/filters for. Tried it out a little at home last night and the colours are something else. Hoping to get a few proper test shots with it if I get a chance today. Best of it was, it shipped with a DKL macro convertor.. 😁

So that is IT for the foreseeable. Going to finally list all the surplus on ebay this weekend, so I'll post an update on my thread in marketplace to confirm this.

And then it's time to get this blog thing started.., 😬📸

Out of interest, has anyone had any experience with using the Lab Box yet? That's a future consideration though as my first task is going to be working out a scanning system for negatives using a FF DSLR and vintage slide xopyingg equipment (largely Pentacon.. Me obsessed.. Never! 🤣)

Congrats You surely won't get tired doing so!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had this Lomo T-43 40mm f/4 triplet on the shelf for a while, just waiting for the spark of enthusiasm to mount it ... today was the day Smile

The fiddly little aperture ring is something you get used to Wink

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another RO2-2M 75mm/2

And an early Industar-26M 50mm/2.8

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

got a funny little komura 105mm f/2.8 in M39 mount, in with a mixed lot of filters.. has a small amount of light fungus, going to give it a few days of sunlight and maybe CLA it this weekend before shooting, will post pix after

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMC Pentax 200mm f4 for Pentax 67
I have owned the Takumar version of this lens for a long time. It is a 4 element in 4 groups lens and has a nice soft render for head and shoulders shots on the Pentax 67.
The SMC Pentax 200mm f4 is a 5 element in 4 groups design with a much closer mfd - 1.5m as opposed to 2.5m for the Takumar.
Head shots will be much easier.
Reputed to be even sharper.
200mm is a bit of an orphan size in both 35mm and 67 formats and the lenses can be found very cheaply.
This one promises to be wonderful and I will be mostly using it with film.
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So as for the Color-Skopar..

Shot taken from a moving bus at a out f/8, ISO 800. Cropped in half and no PP other than about half a stop of exposure added and colour temp shifted.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been raining EBC Fujinons for me lately...

Apart from some spotting on the internal element above the aperture (which turned out to be easily cleaned), this one was in really good shape when I got it. Preliminary results are good too. It seems to be pretty sharp. Maybe not razor sharp, but above average, and of course it has the superb Fujinon color rendition.

There's not a lot of color around here this time of year, but the blues of the sky and the snow really come through.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
It's been raining EBC Fujinons for me lately...

Apart from some spotting on the internal element above the aperture (which turned out to be easily cleaned), this one was in really good shape when I got it. Preliminary results are good too. It seems to be pretty sharp. Maybe not razor sharp, but above average, and of course it has the superb Fujinon color rendition.

There's not a lot of color around here this time of year, but the blues of the sky and the snow really come through.

That looks like an interesting lens.
If you haven't already got one, the EBC Fujinon 55mm f1.8 in M42 mount is splendid.
One of their best in my opinion.
Tom

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:

If you haven't already got one, the EBC Fujinon 55mm f1.8 in M42 mount is splendid.
Tom

Absolutely agree on that; at f1.8 on 24MP FF, the Fujinon 55mm f1.8 in M42 has the most balanced performance of all vintage normal lenses i know. That said, there are other vintage lenses with that are sharper and have more contrast in the image center. And there are other vintage normal lenses which are better stopped down to f4 or f5.6.

S

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An unusual Sears preset T2 35/2.8, the serial number seems to suggest very early Sigma.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Oldhand wrote:

Tom

Absolutely agree on that; at f1.8 on 24MP FF, the Fujinon 55mm f1.8 in M42 has the most balanced performance of all vintage normal lenses i know. That said, there are other vintage lenses with that are sharper and have more contrast in the image center. And there are other vintage normal lenses which are better stopped down to f4 or f5.6.

S

I have 5 of the silver aperture 55s, and three of the black ones, so I'm already a fan. That's the lens that got me looking out for other old EBC Fujinons. I now have the 200 4.5, a 135 3.5, and a 50 1.4. I'd love to get one of the 135 2.5s, but those are rare and expensive.

Actually, I'd love to try some of the old LTM Fujinons, but those are really rare and expensive! Smile

Alun Thomas wrote:
An unusual Sears preset T2 35/2.8, the serial number seems to suggest very early Sigma.

That is interesting. My thinking about Sears is that, whoever was deciding what to buy from Japan and re-brand knew what he was doing, because most of the Sears stuff I've tried has been pretty darned good. It's not high-end, but it's solid quality.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
That is interesting. My thinking about Sears is that, whoever was deciding what to buy from Japan and re-brand knew what he was doing, because most of the Sears stuff I've tried has been pretty darned good. It's not high-end, but it's solid quality.

have to second that, all the MIJ sears stuff i've acquired has been better than expected, and occasionally excellent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly a stand alone lens, but it will go well with the P67 lenses that I have.
T

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta MD 1.8/35 (MD III)

CLA'ed it !

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went on a M42 shopping spree after getting a taste for focus peaking (was optical-viewfinder until recently).

- Hoya 200mm f3.5
- Rexatar 135mm f2.8
- Cosinon 35mm f2.8
- Rikenon 35mm f2.8
- Montgomery Ward 28mm f2.8
- Revuenon 55mm f2.0
- Tele-Lentar 105mm f2.8
- Helios 44m-7

Adds to existing:
- Jupiter 37
- Mir 1B
- Helios 44m-4

And one odd-ball
- Rexatar 135mm f2.8 in Minolta MC mount w/ nasty Sony alpha adapter.
The other Rexatar I was hoping would be similar and I could swap mounts, but they are actually completely different models. Without the MD adapter (just holding it by hand) it's really sharp even wide open.

The Revuenon is unbelievably sharp open at f2. Sharper than my Minolta 50 f1.7 and f1.4 stopped to 2.8.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's post was a bit special..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gott23 wrote:
Today's post was a bit special..

Why Gott?