Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Gott23 wrote:
So I've ended the year with a bank breaking bang and bought myself a Kodak Retina Reflex III..

Lenses included are all Schneider Kreuznach and are as follows..

135mm f4 Tele-Xenar
50mm f1.9 Retina Xenon
28mm f4 Retina Curtagon

Looking forward to this arriving now.. 😁

And if anyone's interested in a reasonably priced 135mm f4 Tele-Xenar I'm going to have two of them soon.. 😁

That is a wonderful kit.
Choose some favourite film and go shoot these.
You will be happy
Tom

👍

Just as well my new years resolution is to shoot more film next year...

Especially since the lot I'm getting also includes a Retinette IIb.. (not sure what lens that's with though and that's assuming it's the IIb version ..) 😁

I've already got a Rodenstock Eurygon 35mm f/4 in Retina/dkl mount so it'll be interesting to see how it compares with the Schneider Curtagon 28mm f/2.8 plus it'll also be a touch wider on a 1.6x crop sensor which is never a bad thing.. The set also includes a skylight filter for the lenses which is a plus as given how small they are they do feel a bit delicate.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gott23 wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Gott23 wrote:
So I've ended the year with a bank breaking bang and bought myself a Kodak Retina Reflex III..

Lenses included are all Schneider Kreuznach and are as follows..

135mm f4 Tele-Xenar
50mm f1.9 Retina Xenon
28mm f4 Retina Curtagon

Looking forward to this arriving now.. 😁

And if anyone's interested in a reasonably priced 135mm f4 Tele-Xenar I'm going to have two of them soon.. 😁

That is a wonderful kit.
Choose some favourite film and go shoot these.
You will be happy
Tom

👍

Just as well my new years resolution is to shoot more film next year...

Especially since the lot I'm getting also includes a Retinette IIb.. (not sure what lens that's with though and that's assuming it's the IIb version ..) 😁

I've already got a Rodenstock Eurygon 35mm f/4 in Retina/dkl mount so it'll be interesting to see how it compares with the Schneider Curtagon 28mm f/2.8 plus it'll also be a touch wider on a 1.6x crop sensor which is never a bad thing.. The set also includes a skylight filter for the lenses which is a plus as given how small they are they do feel a bit delicate.

You won't be worried about the 1.6 thingie when you are shooting film.
Shoot film and experience the difference in product.
Tom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron Adaptall-2 SP 28-80mm F/3.5-4.2 Model 27A with PK mount

Finally a working 28-something manual lens.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some strange relay lenses 1:1 f1.1, quite interesting actually...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shot with my previous latest acquisition

I just can't leave good deals be. For €10

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon 50/1.2, with home-made hood by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

Canon 50/1.2, with home-made hood by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

My Christmas present to myself... Canon 50/1.2, came with a 1st version Canon VT Deluxe. The glass is near-perfect on this one, does not have the usual coating damage/glass etching on the surface behind the aperture. This one was made in 1957, either someone replaced the lubricant early-on or Canon used a different lubricant on this batch.

With a home-made vented hood, an Olympus clamp-on ring from the rubber hood for the 35-70 zoom with an inexpensive Chinese 58mm vented hood epoxied on. I'm going to make another one of these, will cut down the ring on one side to open up the vents. Total cost: $7, vs $120 for an original.

This lens has a front element that protrudes to the front of the filter ring. The proper Canon filter has the glass set to the outer rim. Unless you find one of these (I got lucky, found one in a junk bin for $1), use a 55->58 step up or take the glass out of a 55mm filter and use it for an extension. Use a clamp-on hood to avoid vignetting.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2019's last arrived today. This wraps up the year.
Tamron Adaptall-2 70-150mm 1:3.5 (Model 20a) by The lens profile, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't wait very long to buy my first lens of 2020. Won it on the 2nd.
Couldn't pass this one up. Minolta MC W Rokkor SI 28mm f2.5. It has a filter on the front, but by what I can see of the condition is Atleast Exc+ or better. We shall see. No idea how much yellowing, or if it has it at all. I asume it does and paid accordingly.

Edit

This is the rubber grip version made for the European Market.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rare and humble Minolta Rokkor TD 45mm 2.8 pancake lens from 1964.
Sitting on a Minolta SR-1 that still works (except light leaks and not working selftimer).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My purchases at the end of 2019 arrived in 2020:

Topcor 135mm 3.5 and 35mm 2.8. The 35mm 2.8's aperture doesn't seem to work fully. Most of the time, it is wide open; occasionally it can stop down. My other 35mm 2.8 has de-clicked aperture and decenter issue. It is a pity such a good len's mechanical quality is fagile.

A Soligor 135mm 3.5 with serial number starting with A.

A Sigma filtermatic 28mm 2.8 (currently having the 24mm filtermatic), would like to have the 16mm filtermatic.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one:
Schneider-Kreuznach Xenon 50mm f1,9

Had it once in M42 mount but stupidly sold it.
This one is in Exakta mount
Smile
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YUMO!

I too had a Xenon in m42, can't remember why I sold it. :S

ENJOY IT!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:
YUMO!

I too had a Xenon in m42, can't remember why I sold it. :S

ENJOY IT!

Thanks Daniel.
I'll post some images in due course
Tom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking like my first lens of 2020 will be.. a starblitz 500mm/f8 mirror! hey, it was cheap.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
This one:
Schneider-Kreuznach Xenon 50mm f1,9

Had it once in M42 mount but stupidly sold it.
This one is in Exakta mount
Smile
Tom

❤️

It just looks soooo "exakta".... 😁

Whereas the Retina version I just got in the post bears an uncanny resemblence to a Steinheil lens on steroids.. 😬

In other news, just got a late version Pancolar 50 automatic MC in the post in excellent condition.. Literally winning the auction by £1.. 😂
(and a definite bargain at the price..)
Oddly enough the serial number looks like it might have been made in the year I was born.. 😂

It's lens like this that make me happy shooting high iso nowadays..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that there is any such thing as a bad Pancolar.
Your image is simply wonderful.
Congratulations
T

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
The rare and humble Minolta Rokkor TD 45mm 2.8 pancake lens from 1964.
Sitting on a Minolta SR-1 that still works (except light leaks and not working selftimer).

Interesting!!

Can you share some images?

S

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one.
It is hard to find a bad SMC Pentax -K lens.
This is one of the better ones.
T

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl Zeiss Jena 50mm f/4 Flektogon - £1.45 + p&p - some days you just get lucky Wink

The white "speckling" is a "feature" of these lenses ... apparently it causes no problems Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kypfer wrote:
The white "speckling" is a "feature" of these lenses ... apparently it causes no problems Smile

Some kind of oxidation, I suppose. I've got a couple old lenses with that "feature" but it truly doesn't seem to have much impact.

Anyway, here's my final acquisition of 2019. I purchased it brand new still in the box and shrink wrap. Not cheap, but utterly worth it based on my experience shooting with it.

The ZS is M42 screw mount, in case anyone is wondering.

Last edited by KEO on Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kypfer wrote:
Carl Zeiss Jena 50mm f/4 Flektogon - £1.45 + p&p - some days you just get lucky Wink

Looks like classic Schneideritis.
Usually has little to no effect on results
T

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

found out my local camera shop has a display case full of vintage stuff, including a shelf of broken "bookcase cameras" on steep discount.. snagged a miranda sensorex with the 8/6 Auto Miranda 50mm f/1.4 for $20!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
found out my local camera shop has a display case full of vintage stuff, including a shelf of broken "bookcase cameras" on steep discount.. snagged a miranda sensorex with the 8/6 Auto Miranda 50mm f/1.4 for $20!

Total bargain.
That is one very sweet lens.
Well done
Tom