Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolfhansen wrote:
#1


Carl Zeiss Jena Visionar 1.9/119mm


CONGRATS Wolfgang, 2n best after the 1.6/100mm IMHO Wink


PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
wolfhansen wrote:

Carl Zeiss Jena Visionar 1.9/119mm


It'll be interesting to see what you can produce Like 1 .


#1


First shot looks not so bad Smile


PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good indeed!! As expected....(I have it, too)


PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, Klaus! Smile


PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolfhansen wrote:


First shot looks not so bad Smile


Looks bloody good Like 1 . Congrats.


PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
wolfhansen wrote:


First shot looks not so bad Smile


Looks bloody good Like 1 . Congrats.


++1 on that! 👌

Excuse the ludditery but if your using projector lenses are you effectively stuck with the aperture wide open then I take it?


PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, only wide open - i use the lenses for night shots or in concerts. i have projector lenses in 50mm and 70mm
with apertures up to 1.0

You can see some concert shot with the Meostigmat 1.0/70mm here:

http://forum.mflenses.com/howe-gelb-through-the-meostigmat-1-0-70mm-t78349,highlight,%2Bmeostigmat+%2B70.html

http://forum.mflenses.com/james-blood-ulmer-with-the-meostigmat-1-0-70mm-t69723,highlight,%2Bmeostigmat+%2B70.html


PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolfhansen wrote:


You can see some concert shot with the Meostigmat 1.0/70mm here:



Superb. Thank you. Like 1 .


PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R. Topcor 300mm f/2.8, adapted to Pentax 645 mount(!). Very neat job, and there are plenty of adaptors available from that mount. Got a cheap Chinese adapter to K-mount, which lets me use it on my Pentax K-1. If I'm happy enough, I might spring for the real Pentax adapter.

Quick indoor shot wide open (what else) balanced on handrail. Meant to focus on basket, came out a little closer. About 15 feet from subject.



PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



This humble lens has a very good reputation, and my limited experience with it has been even better than I was expecting. Everyone notes that it's sharp, and that's true, but the images it produces have an indefinable quality I really like. It's got character. I'm not sure how to explain it except to say it's more than the sum of its parts.

I'd love to get one of the old 9-bladed-iris versions, but those are quite rare and seem to be very expensive.


PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:


This humble lens has a very good reputation, and my limited experience with it has been even better than I was expecting. Everyone notes that it's sharp, and that's true, but the images it produces have an indefinable quality I really like. It's got character. I'm not sure how to explain it except to say it's more than the sum of its parts.

I'd love to get one of the old 9-bladed-iris versions, but those are quite rare and seem to be very expensive.


One of the great standard lenses for sure.
A little gem
Tom


PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:


This humble lens has a very good reputation, and my limited experience with it has been even better than I was expecting. Everyone notes that it's sharp, and that's true, but the images it produces have an indefinable quality I really like. It's got character. I'm not sure how to explain it except to say it's more than the sum of its parts.

I'd love to get one of the old 9-bladed-iris versions, but those are quite rare and seem to be very expensive.


Very nice lens indeed.

http://vintage-camera-lenses.com/nikon-50mm-12-nikkor-h-nikkor-h-c-and-ai/


PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasg wrote:
KEO wrote:


This humble lens has a very good reputation, and my limited experience with it has been even better than I was expecting. Everyone notes that it's sharp, and that's true, but the images it produces have an indefinable quality I really like. It's got character. I'm not sure how to explain it except to say it's more than the sum of its parts.

I'd love to get one of the old 9-bladed-iris versions, but those are quite rare and seem to be very expensive.


Very nice lens indeed.

http://vintage-camera-lenses.com/nikon-50mm-12-nikkor-h-nikkor-h-c-and-ai/

Oldhand wrote:

One of the great standard lenses for sure.
A little gem
Tom

Worth-while to purchase if I have the Micro Nikkor and the Nikkor-S Auto 1.4 50mm already?
I also have heard it is special.


PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very rare beast, never seen before STEINHEIL QUINON f2.8/152mm made 1960 Wink



PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mini bazooka for the adaptall collection - a CZ-735 70-350mm f4.5.



PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
A very rare beast, never seen before STEINHEIL QUINON f2.8/152mm made 1960 Wink


Happy Dog

Does the lens comes with aperture?


PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
tomasg wrote:
KEO wrote:


This humble lens has a very good reputation, and my limited experience with it has been even better than I was expecting. Everyone notes that it's sharp, and that's true, but the images it produces have an indefinable quality I really like. It's got character. I'm not sure how to explain it except to say it's more than the sum of its parts.

I'd love to get one of the old 9-bladed-iris versions, but those are quite rare and seem to be very expensive.


Very nice lens indeed.

http://vintage-camera-lenses.com/nikon-50mm-12-nikkor-h-nikkor-h-c-and-ai/

Oldhand wrote:

One of the great standard lenses for sure.
A little gem
Tom

Worth-while to purchase if I have the Micro Nikkor and the Nikkor-S Auto 1.4 50mm already?
I also have heard it is special.


I say yes. It's not very expensive, and while I don't own either the Micro Nikkor or the 50 1.4 Nikkor, I'd guess it has quite different character compared to those two. I have about a dozen old Nikkors, and this one has the most distinct and "classic" look to its images.

Did I mention it's not very expensive?

Smile


PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
uddhava wrote:


Worth-while to purchase if I have the Micro Nikkor and the Nikkor-S Auto 1.4 50mm already?
I also have heard it is special.


I say yes. It's not very expensive, and while I don't own either the Micro Nikkor or the 50 1.4 Nikkor, I'd guess it has quite different character compared to those two. I have about a dozen old Nikkors, and this one has the most distinct and "classic" look to its images.

Did I mention it's not very expensive?

Smile


Yes, not very expensive. That's very important for me! And it is a nice lens.
I will keep my eyes open for one then. Thank you!


PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
KEO wrote:
uddhava wrote:


Worth-while to purchase if I have the Micro Nikkor and the Nikkor-S Auto 1.4 50mm already?
I also have heard it is special.


I say yes. It's not very expensive, and while I don't own either the Micro Nikkor or the 50 1.4 Nikkor, I'd guess it has quite different character compared to those two. I have about a dozen old Nikkors, and this one has the most distinct and "classic" look to its images.

Did I mention it's not very expensive?

Smile


Yes, not very expensive. That's very important for me! And it is a nice lens.
I will keep my eyes open for one then. Thank you!


The lens comes in two varieties - Nikkor-H and Nikkor-H C
The second is the coated lens.
The Nikkor-H uncoated should be cheaper
Both are wonderful
Tom

PS - there is also an earlier Nikkor-S 50mm f2 with seven elements rather than the six elements of the Nikkor-H
It renders differently and is well worth getting if you can find one.
T


PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="calvin83"]
kds315* wrote:
A very rare beast, never seen before STEINHEIL QUINON f2.8/152mm made 1960 Wink

Happy Dog

Does the lens comes with aperture?


Oh yes, a fine multibladed, perfectly round one (20 blades)!!


PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kds315*"]
calvin83 wrote:
kds315* wrote:
A very rare beast, never seen before STEINHEIL QUINON f2.8/152mm made 1960 Wink

Happy Dog

Does the lens comes with aperture?


Oh yes, a fine multibladed, perfectly round one (20 blades)!!

Great! Like 1 small


PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rounding out my adaptall-2 collection, found a tamron 28mm / f2.5 for reasonable price.. definitely not SP, but i'm fairly pleased with initial results, something about that early 80s tamron rendering



PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
a fine multibladed, perfectly round one (20 blades)!!


Like 1 small


PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivitar Series1 2.5/90mm Macro

Vivitar Series1 2.5/90mm by Ouwesok, on Flickr


PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
rounding out my adaptall-2 collection, found a tamron 28mm / f2.5 for reasonable price.. definitely not SP, but i'm fairly pleased with initial results, something about that early 80s tamron rendering



Okay now that tree seems familiar, being tallest Redwood...you live around here? Smile