Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: bispheric to achieve aspheric advantage Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
paulhofseth wrote:
unlike some producers who claim to be the first to introduce aspheric lenses, Heinz Kilfitt introduced an element ground with two radii. I have not been able to ascertain whether all his 90mms had that- even after mr Backs Zoomar took over.

p.

Heard and read about that, too Paul, but also was never able to find some proof for such ....

I read it here (in German): https://photobutmore.de/exakta/kilfitt/

(quote) 1959 entwickelte er ein verbessertes Makro-Kilar 90 mit einer asphärischen Linse. (unquote)

The same text later mentions a "BI-spährische Linse" i.e. a lens with two radii

When would these lenses have been produced? Wiki says the first commercial aspherical lens was by "Elgeet for use in the Golden Navitar 12 mm f/1.2 normal lens for use on 16 mm movie cameras in 1956". Popular Photography visited the factory in February 1956 and confirmed the rumours. They were manufactured using drop-in moulds with parabolic curvature computed on an IBM. The lens consists of 1 aspherical element, and 8 spherical elements of high-index glass. These were not the first aspherical elements, those being previously used in telescopes and catadioptric lenses, but apparently all of those were hand-ground and then carefully polished. The main claim of Elgeet seems to be the first production ('mass produced') aspherical lens.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject: Meyer Trioplan 4 inch F2.8 Cine on A7RII Reply with quote

I sold my M42 Trioplan 100 and I replace it with the pre-war cine version. The lens should fully cover full frame sensor without mechanical vignetting with destructive modification but I prefer not to do it.

Here is how it looks with non-destructive adaptation:

Last edited by calvin83 on Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:14 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a long time looking for it, my new lens (it will come in 5/11)......Konica hexanon 57/1,4.

I love the pics that saw made with this lens.

IT's a mix version, ending the A or begining the B type of Konica lenses (Konicamera said something about that, I guess)

Chrome dof ring, not EE bottom, made un Japan in that ring (not at the front ring), bold letters at the front ring, the distance scale is in m and f (not mts and feet), the number of serie is 733xxxx. The coated seems to be a mix too. Some reflexes are blue/purple and some ámbar too.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
I sold my M42 Trioplan 100 and I replace it with the pre-war cine version. The lens should fully cover full frame sensor with destructive modification but I don't prefer not do do it.

Here is how it looks with non-destructive adaptation:

Congrats Looks quite nice!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unusual lens attract much public attention, yes? Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bought a $10 grab bag of security cameras after noticing one of them had what looked to be an old cine lens of some sort.. surely enough, turns out it was a kern-paillard switar 10mm/f1.6!

dont know how a 1950s bolex lens ends up on a 1990s CCTV camera, must be a story there

at 10mm it doesn't cover nearly enough of an APS-C sensor to be usable for much, but maybe someday i'll have a micro-sensor camera that can deal with it

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
After a long time looking for it, my new lens (it will come in 5/11)......Konica hexanon 57/1,4.

I love the pics that saw made with this lens.

I've got one of those. It's got a distinctly different character from any other lens I've tried. Often I don't like what it does, but sometimes it makes amazing images I couldn't get with anything else. I think you'll enjoy it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my first Minolta SLR

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject: Kilar bi-spheric Reply with quote

Further to the post above,Patrice Hervé Ponts exhaustive book about Kilfitts products states that the 90mm first version made from 1957 to 1964, number prefix 219- was made with one biradial glass. He does not mention anything about the two next versions. Looking at my own 219 sample, admittedly without my reading glasses on, i did not notice the slight radius transition of the front element.

p.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably be shot for this but sometimes I just need one “do it all” lens, Canon EF 17-55mm f2.8. And it’s a cracking lens, not to be confused with the naff 18-55mm kit lens, this one delivers.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first Leica lens.

The serial number places it from 1938. It's in amazingly good condition for an 81 year old.

It's tiny, looks cool, and shoots great. I expect to use it a lot in the future.

As many others have mentioned, it's images are notably low-contrast.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
My first Leica lens.

Congrats KEO.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1930s Ludwig-Dresden Victar 1:3.5, F=7.5cm.

I feel like I've been trying to acquire this actual lens for most of this year. Sometimes I thought I had it. Sometimes I thought it was gone for good. But here it is on my camera anyway. And I'm chuffed to bits Cool .

Last edited by Sciolist on Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:

I actually got one of these from an enlarger setup. Lubricants were all seized up but unfortunately I destroyed one of the brittle setscrews taking it out. Hefty thing made of brass with too many aperture blades to count!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Sigma Super-Wide II with light fungus on the front element.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
KEO wrote:
My first Leica lens.

Congrats KEO.

Like 1

Thanks! I definitely like it a lot.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
Mir, I hope you didn't buy it piece by piece.... Smile

Konishiroku Hexanon 35/2.8 in Konica's F mount

Ive already had the 52/1.4 for about 2 years, all I need is the 85mm, and to make an adapter.

What about the rendering of the 52/1,4?

Thank you

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got russian Zenitar-m 50/1.7
X-T2 2019-11-10 011 by Yaroslav Golubev, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
My first Leica lens.

The serial number places it from 1938. It's in amazingly good condition for an 81 year old.

It's tiny, looks cool, and shoots great. I expect to use it a lot in the future.

As many others have mentioned, it's images are notably low-contrast.

Nice found. I guess the black is kinid of rare, isn't it? I've only seen silver one.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teemō wrote:
Sciolist wrote:

I actually got one of these from an enlarger setup. Lubricants were all seized up but unfortunately I destroyed one of the brittle setscrews taking it out. Hefty thing made of brass with too many aperture blades to count!

Yep, a lump of brass with nickel plating I think. Weighty for the size of it. I keep counting 13 blades from the rear. I'm wondering if one is stuck under another. Certainly, it's not a perfectly even aperture at the moment. I need a good light to inspect the blades from the front, as they are set so far back in the lens.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

f3.5/60mm Quartz close focusing lens for ultraviolet photography

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl Zeiss Jena Visionar 1.9/119mm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolfhansen wrote:

Carl Zeiss Jena Visionar 1.9/119mm

It'll be interesting to see what you can produce Like 1 .

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
KEO wrote:
My first Leica lens.

Nice found. I guess the black is kinid of rare, isn't it? I've only seen silver one.

They don't seem to be too rare, but they're certainly more uncommon than the later silver ones. This one is in surprisingly good shape for its age - the functions are excellent and the glass is completely clear except for a couple tiny bubbles. I got it for a good price too, > $60, with original caps.

The strangest thing about it is that the f-stop scale is non-standard. If doesn't go 4, 5.6, 8, 11 etc., like all other lenses I've seen. I don't have it in front of me ATM, and can't remember the exact numbers except for f/9. It feels funny to set the aperture to f/9. Smile