Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Schneider-Kreuznach Xenoplan 25mm/1.9 for 16mm cameras (full m4/3 sensor coverage).

Still waiting for these 2 that are on the way:

A Sigma Micromacro 100mm macro lens that needs cleaning.

A Pentax Sun Cosmicar 22.5-90mm f/1.5.


PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tokina atx 100-300mm in pka mount. Slight fungus affecting mainly front elements, otherwise a good'un.



PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentacon 2.8/150mm, Meopta Stigmar 1.5/110mm, Angenieux 1.4/85-90mm all projection lenses
Canon IX 1.5/100mm Xray lens, AGFA Vari Focal Printer Lens 5.6/101-124mm, Nikon Rayfact APO 3.5/80mm scanner lens infinity-2x


PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XR Rikenon 28mm f3.5 Aspherical Pancake.

Apparently only made for one year, 1996-7.


PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Pentacon 2.8/150mm, Meopta Stigmar 1.5/110mm, Angenieux 1.4/85-90mm all projection lenses
Canon IX 1.5/100mm Xray lens, AGFA Vari Focal Printer Lens 5.6/101-124mm, Nikon Rayfact APO 3.5/80mm scanner lens infinity-2x


Is your Nikon Rayfact APO 3.5/80mm a similar lens as the last one(105mm F4.5 UV, new price 7,500.00 US$)on the chart? It must be very expensive when new.


Congrats


PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it is just a "normal" macro lens, not for UV!!


PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
XR Rikenon 28mm f3.5 Aspherical Pancake.

Apparently only made for one year, 1996-7.


Rare, and almost always expensive these days.
I would love to see some images from this lens.
Well done you
Tom


PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Tom, I've never seen one before either, only heard about it. I think it was only sold in Japan and the far east.

Was pretty cheap too - listed BIN for 50ukp with an XR Rikenon 2/50 with it, so I snapped it up with the intent of using it as a 'normal' on my Oly M5 as it's so small, even with PK-M43 adapter.


#1


#2


#3


#4


#5


PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the classic black russians.




have to ask this before I go full pokemon on them (gotta catch 'em all): is there a difference between particular lens made by different manufacturer i.e. Helios 44-2 KMZ vs MMZ vs JOW?


thanks


PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought 3 new lenses.

1. Fujinon EBC 50mm 1.4 (non radioactive version) (Should be here in about 10 days)
2. Helios 44M MC (I was kinda expensive but it is the MC version) (Should be here by the end of March)
3. Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar M42 early black version. (Should be here in a week)

I will post pictures when they arrive.

Greetings Like Dog


PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote


Canon 1.2/50 LTM
Circa 1959 - ∅55mm - 11 Blades - MFD 100cm

http://www.antiquecameras.net/canon50mmf12ltm.html


Last edited by Mir on Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total


PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mir wrote:

Circa 1959 - ∅55mm - 11 Blades - MFD 30cm

It looks it is in excellent condition!

BTW, 30cm MFD is too short for a LTM lens.


PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
BTW, 30cm MFD is too short for a LTM lens.

You're right !
I've corrected the info, Thanks !


PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikkor AiS 4/80-200mm - not very common here in Switzerland (the Ai 4.5/80-200mm is much easier to find).
Time to carefully compare a set of classical zooms in that range ...

* Canon nFD 4/80-200
* Canon nFD 4/80-200 L
* Konica AR 3.5/80-200
* Leica R 4/70-210
* Minolta MD 4/70-210
* Nikkor AiS 4/80-200
* Pentax A 4/70-210
* Zeiss CY 3.5/70-210
* Zeiss CY 4/80-200

And maybe a Tamron? Which one would you suggest?

Stephan


PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.adaptall-2.com/lenses/19AH.html
or
http://www.adaptall-2.com/lenses/103A.html


PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mir wrote:
http://www.adaptall-2.com/lenses/19AH.html
or
http://www.adaptall-2.com/lenses/103A.html


+1 I would be interested to see your results for the 19AH against leica, pentax-A, canon L.... My comparison pics lead me to put the 19AH top at 70mm but middle of the road at 210mm, and not as good as I expected close focus.

I'm not that enamoured of either of the 80-210's, both have a significant colour bias (blue - 03A, warm/yellow - 103A), plenty of fringing and are weak at distance focus IMO.


PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dagor type 150/9 G-Claron.


PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danfromm wrote:
Dagor type 150/9 G-Claron.


I have the Docter Optics version of the 150/9 - the famous lightweight Germinar-W (ex Kerry Thalman, ex Jörg Krusche who rescued those from Saalfeld before Zeiss had them dumped).

Ever had the chance to compare those?



PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:
Mir wrote:
http://www.adaptall-2.com/lenses/19AH.html
or
http://www.adaptall-2.com/lenses/103A.html


+1 I would be interested to see your results for the 19AH against leica, pentax-A, canon L.... My comparison pics lead me to put the 19AH top at 70mm but middle of the road at 210mm, and not as good as I expected close focus.

I'm not that enamoured of either of the 80-210's, both have a significant colour bias (blue - 03A, warm/yellow - 103A), plenty of fringing and are weak at distance focus IMO.


Thanks for these suggestions - i have them both; however, my Tamron SP 3.5/70-210mm [19AH] seems to be so "bad" that i suspect a problem, and i never bothered about getting a second copy. I'll try to sort this out ...

Stephan


PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I have to say that having seen a few examples there does seem to be significant sample variation with the 19AH.

One other thought: the lens that surprised me in my comparison was the kiron "zoomlock" 70-210mm f4. Well worth including IMO, easily and cheaply acquired.


PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
danfromm wrote:
Dagor type 150/9 G-Claron.


I have the Docter Optics version of the 150/9 - the famous lightweight Germinar-W (ex Kerry Thalman, ex Jörg Krusche who rescued those from Saalfeld before Zeiss had them dumped).

Ever had the chance to compare those?



Never. I've never had a Germinar of any sort, either Zeiss or Docter.

Back when I was testing lenses intensively, I concluded that both of my 150/9 Apo-Ronars were better for my purposes than my plasmat type 150/9 G-Claron. My needs have changed a little, the Apo-Ronars won't quite do. I haven't tried the dagor type 150 G-Claron yet. I have tried dagor type 210 and 240 G-Clarons on 2x3, all were outstanding.


PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danfromm wrote:
kds315* wrote:
danfromm wrote:
Dagor type 150/9 G-Claron.


I have the Docter Optics version of the 150/9 - the famous lightweight Germinar-W (ex Kerry Thalman, ex Jörg Krusche who rescued those from Saalfeld before Zeiss had them dumped).

Ever had the chance to compare those?



Never. I've never had a Germinar of any sort, either Zeiss or Docter.

Back when I was testing lenses intensively, I concluded that both of my 150/9 Apo-Ronars were better for my purposes than my plasmat type 150/9 G-Claron. My needs have changed a little, the Apo-Ronars won't quite do. I haven't tried the dagor type 150 G-Claron yet. I have tried dagor type 210 and 240 G-Clarons on 2x3, all were outstanding.


OK, thanks Dan! Hope you'll be pleasantly surpsised then!


PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plasmat G-Claron 9/150 is very good indeed on 6x9, as sharp at distance as my Symmar 150, as sharp close up as my Componon-S 150 and much smaller and lighter than both. Then again, I have a Staeble Intragon 9/150 or is it 8/150, I forget, that is sharper than any of them.


PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
The plasmat G-Claron 9/150 is very good indeed on 6x9, as sharp at distance as my Symmar 150, as sharp close up as my Componon-S 150 and much smaller and lighter than both. Then again, I have a Staeble Intragon 9/150 or is it 8/150, I forget, that is sharper than any of them.


Ian, mine wasn't particularly good. If yours is, wonderful.

Not all aged lenses are in as good condition as they were when young. Same goes for people.


PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danfromm wrote:
Not all aged lenses are in as good condition as they were when young. Same goes for people.

So true, Dan. So true! Wink