Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vöigtlander Zoomar f2.8 36-82mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Vöigtlander Zoomar f2.8 36-82mm Reply with quote

Hi,
I found this lens in good condition. Exakta mount? Do you know anything more about the first 35mm zoom lens from 1959? Smile
iha

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently not all that great optically, but rare and sought-after simply because not many were sold at the time. The price was high in real terms when it was new.
As a collector's piece I'd grab it for historical value - it'd be like money in the bank.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is from Ivor Matanle's Collecting and Using Classic SLRs, Thames and Hudson, New York, 1997:

The Voigländer Zoomar -- which was manufactured by Zoomar Corporation of USA and was available mounted for several other SLRs as well as the Voigländer series -- is surprisingly effective in use. Although large, heavy and clumsy by modern zoom-lens standards, once fitted to a Bessamatic it balances and handles well. It is easy to focus and zoom, holds its focus throughout the zoom range and delivers remarkably good contrast and resolution. I used one for the first time during the production of this book and was amazed at the quality of the results.

It looks like a worthwhile lens. Please post some pictures if you buy the lens.

Cheers!

Abbazz