Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 105 Series 1 macro - Beware the Macro Abstracto
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:22 am    Post subject: Vivitar 105 Series 1 macro - Beware the Macro Abstracto Reply with quote

I got these two shots the other day... the 'Danger' in the first is very evident, not a good day to be a bee!...

I do not think I have not posted any here from my Vivi 105 so I am also including some from my Macro Abstracto series...
I like the colors on these abstracts. But I will spare you my fly shots Smile

I really do enjoy this lens...

What a killing machine... look at the spikes on those front legs/arms. If you get caught in there, there is no escape...

Macro Abstracto

OK... just one fly

And one Blues Guy... Muddy Waters Jr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! beautiful pics, great mantis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely amazing samples! Congrats!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb shots!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, very nice shots for sure.

Muddy Waters Jr has the same posture as BB King on that picture !
Great blues guys.

Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to my doctor, i shouldn't read this kind of threads if i want to fix my LBA ...

Did you apply some PP to the pics ? The mantis eye is really great ...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scrumptious...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty damn sharp lens in my book.

Kiron Kid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp & Spot on. Which camera did you use?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my_photography wrote:
Sharp & Spot on. Which camera did you use?

For the dragonfly shots it is the Pentax K20d

For all the others, the Pentax K100d

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indianadinos wrote:
According to my doctor, i shouldn't read this kind of threads if i want to fix my LBA ...

Did you apply some PP to the pics ? The mantis eye is really great ...

I would say most might have a bit of contrast / Levels boost. And a tad sharp after resize for web.

The Muddy Waters Jr shot, well they had fushia lights on him... so I had to desaturate it a bunch. How you can light someone in fushia is beyond me. The next two bands had had their own lighting guys traveling with them so they had real stage lighting on them.

MW Jr just showed up and played.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject: Thanks to everyone for the comments Reply with quote

And thanks to whoever moved the thread to this Digital Gallery... I had been sticking my lens shots in the other thread as I did not realize this would be the better place...
Now I dont have to feel so bad for over posting my Tair and Helios pics Very Happy

You all have been very supportive of my early photo posts here, and it is much appreciated. Photos from old lenses can get lost in the other forums. I have already learned so much about these beautiful lenses here. I can't thank you enough.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful group of photos.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice samples ! First and last are my favourites and the fly-macro shows how sharp this lens goes.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series from a really fine lens. Thanks for sharing. (The Jr attached to Muddy Waters made me really again how late it is).

patrickh