Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

3D stereo experiments with adapted MF lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
Speaking of clutter Very Happy

Diaplan 100mm 2.8

Nice examples for fans of characterful bokeh Smile.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="simple.joy"]
blotafton wrote:

Diaplan 100mm 2.8

Looks fine in the first one! Well done. 👍

Thanks!

simple.joy wrote:
Here are a couple more experiments:

(Schneider Xenon-E 28 mm f/2.8 )

Sneakily out of bounds, I like it!

backsidewalkaround wrote:
blotafton wrote:

Diaplan 100mm 2.8

Nice examples for fans of characterful bokeh Smile.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
simple.joy wrote:

Shooting from slightly further back would have made the sides more effective.

Thanks. I actually did, but cropped it at the sides (because it seems like many people find it harder to view stereos in landscape format). You're certainly right though... that would likely work better.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff! I'm easily seduced by the somewhat overexaggerated effect, which I like in all your photos. Nice touch to break the frame with the tree trunk. How do you tilt the Focotar 40 (which is one of my favourite lenses!)?

Thank you very much! Like almost all of my lenses I adapt the Focotar 40 mm (which btw. I haven't been able to find for couple of months until it recently resurfaced 🙄) via my bellows. I have a recessed lensboard, which allows me to tilt it a little bit despite it's short focal length and flange. As you know it's a highly capable lens which also seems to extend to tilting, where most f/2.8 lenses fail pretty quickly. Good to know you like it as well - it still seems to be available for reasonable prices from time to time (which can't be said about all Focotars... 😅)!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:
e6filmuser wrote:
simple.joy wrote:

Shooting from slightly further back would have made the sides more effective.

Thanks. I actually did, but cropped it at the sides (because it seems like many people find it harder to view stereos in landscape format). You're certainly right though... that would likely work better.

That's an interesting remark. I have uploaded many hundreds of pairs on various websites and only a few have been portrait format. The screen shape seems to almost demand landscape.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhodotus palamatus the Wrinkled Peach mushroom. This young stage, with its net over the cap and the "bleeding", is instantly recognisable. When mature it is a plain pinkish bracket with just a trace of the network.

Kiron 105mm.

Last edited by e6filmuser on Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
Rhodotus palamatus the Wrinkled Peach mushroom. This young stage, with its net over the cap and the "bleeding" is instantly recognisable. When mature it is a plain pinkish bracket with just a trace of the network.

Kiron 105mm.

Very nice - looks great and such an elegant net! Quite incredible living organisms...

Here's an alternative version of the shot with the green leaves:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:
e6filmuser wrote:
Rhodotus palamatus the Wrinkled Peach mushroom. This young stage, with its net over the cap and the "bleeding" is instantly recognisable. When mature it is a plain pinkish bracket with just a trace of the network.

Kiron 105mm.

Very nice - looks great and such an elegant net! Quite incredible living organisms...

Here's an alternative version of the shot with the green leaves:

Thanks. Maybe it's psychology but I think the leaves are much improved.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lotus flower. The images date from a decade ago, when the lens was probably a Kiron 105mm. I had no previously uploaded a stereo version, of which I offer crosseye and conventional.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
Lotus flower. The images date from a decade ago, when the lens was probably a Kiron 105mm. I had no previously uploaded a stereo version, of which I offer crosseye and conventional.

That's one beautiful flower. Nicely presented!

Here's something from today (Zeiss Milvus 2/135, Schneider-Kreuznach SL-Angulon 2.8/28 - you can tell them apart Smile):

#1 Forbidden Stereo Bokeh, but still lots of depth...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one beautiful flower. Nicely presented!

Here's something from today (Zeiss Milvus 2/135, Schneider-Kreuznach SL-Angulon 2.8/28 - you can tell them apart Smile):

Thanks.

Those playground stereos are excellent and no kids to spoil them. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:06 am    Post subject: Tree Paeony with Kiron 105mm Reply with quote

I think this was the session when the wind was gusting frequently and quite strongly. I took one shot but had to wait for what looked like the matching wind-blown spread of petals for the second one. It seems that I got lucky.

Crosseye, conventional and colour anaglyph (loses the pale pink middle).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fly orchid. As the EXIF data shows no lens, it must be one of my first images with the Kiron 105mm.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centipede portrait. Olympus EM-1 (manual mode), Laowa 25mm f2.8 2.5x-5x ultra-macro at f8, twin TTL flash hand-held. Image cropped vertically.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
Centipede portrait. Olympus EM-1 (manual mode), Laowa 25mm f2.8 2.5x-5x ultra-macro at f8, twin TTL flash hand-held. Image cropped vertically.

Nice and very educational Smile.

A few more I captured over the weekend:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:

Thanks. For years i had tried to get one of those, very fast running, centipedes in the frame at all. Then I got this session, of which I can recall nothing.

Your second pair has your shadow in each frame, with a very unfortunate effect on the 3D, where you seem to have buried yourself in the (transparent) ground.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
e6filmuser wrote:

Thanks. For years i had tried to get one of those, very fast running, centipedes in the frame at all. Then I got this session, of which I can recall nothing.

Your second pair has your shadow in each frame, with a very unfortunate effect on the 3D, where you seem to have buried yourself in the (transparent) ground.

You're right. However, when I tried to crop it out, the image became more irritating. I still like it the way it is now, but you need to look more towards "infinity" for it to have the effect I like about it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like them - particularly this one is very effective!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right. However, when I tried to crop it out, the image became more irritating. I still like it the way it is now, but you need to look more towards "infinity" for it to have the effect I like about it.

I think your 3D effect is very good. I have tried scrolling down to, effectively, crop off the bottom and it looks good. Nothing about it upsets me. Of course, the now, for me, cropped out long foreground stems do add significantly but at a cost of that shadow.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tree Paeony fruits developing Kiron 105mm.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:

Nice effect. It always surprises me, how some images that aren't too convincing as normal photos, become interesting and wonderful to look at when viewed in stereo. The forest images of blotafton are also particularly stunning, when viewed in stereo, but wouldn't catch my attention, when viewed alone.

I have a few more from yesterday and today, lenses used were the Nikon AI-2/24 and the Leica Elmarit-R 2.8/28 v1:

#1 Elmarit

#2 Elmarit

#3 Nikkor

#4 Nikkor

#5 Nikkor

#6 Nikkor

#7 Nikkor

#8 Nikkor

#9 Nikkor

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:

Nice effect. It always surprises me, how some images that aren't too convincing as normal photos, become interesting and wonderful to look at when viewed in stereo. The forest images of blotafton are also particularly stunning, when viewed in stereo, but wouldn't catch my attention, when viewed alone.

Thanks. You now share my opinion of 3D over 2D. I would add that the 3D can often enable us to understand more about the subject and maybe also its relationship to the surrounding scene.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here some "invisible light" i.e. reflected UV images of Bidens

Visible light:

in 3D crossview UV:

in 3D parallel/cross UV:

Note the very strong UV pattern we humans cannot see! Bees do and always land on the UV bright side, then crawl to the UV dark part to find nectar (scientifically proven fact)

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here a test I tried to show both VIS and reflected UV in 3D-Stereo (cross)

This is a RUDBECKIA flower

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
And here a test I tried to show both VIS and reflected UV in 3D-Stereo (cross)

This is a RUDBECKIA flower

Wonderful shots 👍 And interesting information about the behavior of the bees! They are such fascinating creatures…