Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

USPS tracking
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: USPS tracking Reply with quote

What does this really mean?
Has the package been sent or not, or is the system just not seeing it?

Code:

Class: Priority Mail International Parcels
Service(s): International Parcels

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on
July 22, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate
receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information
will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated
periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It means the shipper has printed the postage. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is "kind" of information. USPS provides update which is always late. When addressee of the parcel already got the shipment USPS as a carrier provide information that it was delivered. This works quite different compare to the UPS tracking system. For example in USPS vocabulary there is nothing like the: "out for delivery". But overall USPS service is for me the best choice regarding shipment of the small and medium size parcels.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The USPS delivery confirmation gives you just that, confirmation of delivery.

If the shipper uses the eBay postage label generator, then you can see when the parcel postage was printed out, not that the USPS has it.

If the shipper forgets it in his car trunk for a week and doesn't drop it at the Post Office you will have no way of knowing.

If the shipper doesn't use eBay to print out the postage label, the time and date will be the actual that the Post Office received it physically.

The USPS has a Track and Confirm which is similar to the UPS tracking system, but sellers on eBay seldom offer it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for information. I somehow figured this out too.

So it can also mean that the package has been taken to the post office? Should it appear next time when it leaves US?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the above particular case, it states that the Post Office was notified the parcel would be dropped off to them for delivery.

After it is delivered, it will be so noted.

Any information of intermediate steps is not part of the service. Occasionally I have seen intermediate steps posted, very occasionally, very very occasionally, ...........................

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this is called tracking. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greg wrote:
In the above particular case, it states that the Post Office was notified the parcel would be dropped off to them for delivery.

After it is delivered, it will be so noted.

Any information of intermediate steps is not part of the service. Occasionally I have seen intermediate steps posted, very occasionally, very very occasionally, ...........................

in the past few months I've noticed USPS has gotten MUCH better about posting intermediate steps, at least for shipments within USA (past 10 or so packages shipped to me). Info is updated when origin PO gets the package, and when intermediate sort facilities get it:

Label/Receipt Number: 9102 1501 3471 1740 nnnn nn
Class: Package Services
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation

Your item was delivered at 11:23 AM on July 11, 2009 in City, CA zip

Detailed Results:

Delivered, July 11, 2009, 11:23 am, City, CA zip
Arrival at Unit, July 11, 2009, 7:18 am, City, CA zip
Processed through Sort Facility, July 10, 2009, 1:07 am, RICHMOND, CA 94804
Processed through Sort Facility, July 07, 2009, 9:26 am, GREENSBORO, NC 27495
Electronic Shipping Info Received, July 06, 2009

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U Useless

S Stupid

P Postal

S System

Nuff said?

Doug

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nemesis101 wrote:
U Useless

S Stupid

P Postal

S System

Nuff said?

Doug

Doug , I got at least 100 packages by USPS I never had any problem with them ,they are different for domestic shipment ?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too. Many USPS packages, and no problems at all, the last one was trackable, i even knew when it departed and when it landed.
That was great Cool

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The package I sent to Europe for my sons' Christmas they could not track once it left the USA (how is that International?) and they sent it all round Europe - meant for Xmas it arrived here where it started the following March!

One package to Oregon Jim (member here) got as far as Portland then came back, and one they forgot to send altogether and it was found in their warehouse only after I had refunded the buyer on eBay after nearly 3 weeks!

So.. I find them the worst system I have used - and I've sent to / from over 40 countries! They also smashed the porroprism in the second package sent to Jim... despite tons of packing bubble-wrap etc...

Doug.

Attila wrote:
nemesis101 wrote:
U Useless

S Stupid

P Postal

S System

Nuff said?

Doug

Doug , I got at least 100 packages by USPS I never had any problem with them ,they are different for domestic shipment ?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked You did not have much luck with them really, sorry!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me three (domestic). USPS has never lost a package, many hundreds over the past 7 years. Neither has UPS. FedEX, however has lost 2 packages, and, FedEX only delivers once a week to my very rural address, while USPS and UPS drives through here every weekday.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works!? Let's see if it beats Phileas Fogg. Smile

Code:
 Your item left the United States from ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS) at 9:56 PM on July 25, 2009. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:
International Dispatch, July 25, 2009, 9:56 pm, ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)
Arrival
Electronic Shipping Info Received, July 22, 2009

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really fast, it is here (in Finland) already:
Code:

Your item is being processed by customs in FINLAND. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:
Into Foreign Customs, July 28, 2009, 12:43 am, FINLAND
Arrived Abroad, July 28, 2009, 12:43 am, FINLAND
International Dispatch, July 25, 2009, 9:56 pm, ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)

What is even more surprising, the Finnish Post tracking understands the USPS tracking number:
Code:

Item registrations
28.07.2009, 00:43 Item has arrived to country 01000 HKI VANTAA, ULKOMAANTERMINAALI
25.07.2009, 21:56 Departured to Finland 01000 Ulkomaa/Foreign country
22.07.2009, 15:14 Posted from country of departure 01000 Ulkomaa/Foreign country

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done!

Also, when Canada Post shipments are transferred to USPS, they can be tracked with USPS tracking system, using CAPOST tracking number.

Seems like efforts toward coordinating global mail tracking systems have made progress recently!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Hello to all - USPS question please Reply with quote

hi, glad to find this nice place for a vintage guy like me Smile

i'm kind of new to buying all those vintage lenses from abroad,
i bought a used canon fd 20mm and had it send from US to Israel by
Express Mail International-
so far so good. it's a private seller, someone i trust.
he sent it on the 18th, and USPS tracking says:

Expected Delivery Date: December 20, 2010
Class: Express Mail International
Service(s): Insured

Your item left the United States from ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) at 9:41 pm on December 23, 2010. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

it's my first time on USPS and it they claim it's a 3-5 day shipment ???
what gives? and how longer i should wait before inquiring ?
and where?

thanks for any tip/info/help

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry about it for now, there have been tremendous backlogs in international shipping. It's just the time of the year and the weather conspiring against you Smile Fwiw, I had an item come via USPS from Chigago with the same tracking method and it got here pronto, but that was just before the snow chaos over there and here.
I would suspect the next thing you hear about it, is it's reached Frankfurt or some other staging point on its way to you or it might just turn up at your door.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 3-working-days-guarantee delivery package was delivered in 6 working days (8 days total), national mail.
So I guess it's a bit like that all over the world in the Christmas period: easily 5 times the normal amount of packages - plus snow troubles where the case.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope you're right guys, thanks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know someone stated earlier that they had worst experiences with FedEx than with USPS, but before I moved here I lived in Argentina and often bought techie stuff (including photo gear) that I couldn't get down there from up here in the States, and always used FedEx to ship it back to me. Never had a single bad experience (not counting the ones caused by the Customs office).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USPS Express Mail Shipment did never takes more longer to me than 3-5 days, I did order at least 15 shipment already.
Perhaps your local customs sitting on your package.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navigate to www.stamps.com/shipstatus/. Enter the USPS tracking number (to find it, simply look at the bottom of a shipping label) in the search bar; do not include any dashes or spaces. Click on “Check Status”. View the scan history and status information of your package.