Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tair 11A...first proper outing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Tair 11A...first proper outing Reply with quote

Local town in the sun was too good to miss now the M42 adaptor had finally arrived. Luckily the slight focusing issue that still dogs the 10D when the DOF is small isn't obvious on this. A pure fluke shot, snatched in an instant when the guy there had turned away from staring at me. The way the sun picked him out in the shadow of the building worked quite well.

Here's a 100% crop...

I was pretty pleased with the rest of the images, but they were all just of a testing nature and nothing really worth looking at.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen the quality? Smile
Tair-11A is a quite unknown gem - I'd say totally unknown outside the Manual Lens Users circle.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes , agree. Good as any well know 135mm lens like Nikkor or Olympus best ones.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Seen the quality? Smile
Tair-11A is a quite unknown gem - I'd say totally unknown outside the Manual Lens Users circle.

I'd never heard of it until I came here - glad I picked one up, now. If this lens had been made in W.Germany with a Zeiss or Leica name on it, I'm sure it would justifiably have been sold for plenty of cash.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to ask this, but when you say "it's a 100% crop", exactly what do you mean?. (The only way of getting rid of ignorance is to ask!)
Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Sorry to ask this, but when you say "it's a 100% crop", exactly what do you mean?.

It's a vigorous synthesis for "a cropped portion of the full (100%) sized picture". Wink In fact, reading it carefully, the sentence is quite puzzling. Smile

Jesito wrote:
(The only way of getting rid of ignorance is to ask!)

Laughing
On the other hand, unfortunately most real ignorants ignore that they are ignorants (I grabbed that from Socrates, ok) Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Jesito wrote:
Sorry to ask this, but when you say "it's a 100% crop", exactly what do you mean?.

It's a vigorous synthesis for "a cropped portion of the full (100%) sized picture". Wink In fact, reading it carefully, the sentence is quite puzzling. Smile

Jesito wrote:

Laughing
On the other hand, unfortunately most real ignorants ignore that they are ignorants (I grabbed that from Socrates, ok) Laughing

Thanks a lot Orio, it's what I suspected, but I wanted to be sure...
I understand this is done to allow sendig full quality pieces over the net without consuming too much bandwith and screen size...

And yes, the sentence is funny Laughing

Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:

Blown up full size and take an image selection pixel for pixel with the crop tool in most image programmes. Using Paint Shop Pro- use the square crop tool, select an area and crop the image to that size - save the crop as a copy then close the main image but when it asks you if you want to save changes, answer 'no' and you'll still have the original image untouched. In this case I didn't want to compromise it, so I saved the crop as a png instead of a jpg, which almost all browers will show.

Quote:

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers Smile