Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

St Paddy's Day 2009
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: St Paddy's Day 2009 Reply with quote

Carrick-on-Suir Main Street.
First St Patrick's Day Parade for twenty years, and it turned out well for a wee town.

All shots using a Tamron SP 35-80 and the contrasty lighting was a total pita.

The parade was led off by a procession of classic cars, the MGB, of course, breaking down and needing a push.

This is just a cross river shot using the SP35-80 and the SP 2x teleconverter. Absolutely no PP at all. Not too bad, although oddly other shots of the bridge downstream were crap at exactly the same settings. I suspect the infinity setting on the combination isn't quite to be believed, although it was sharp enough in the VF.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series!
I love to see these slices of life from countries other than mine.
Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks to be real fun. I spent many years working right alongside the start of the New York parade, which was a disaster. The parade was an excuse for everyone claiming even to have seen an Irishman to get violently drunk. The gutters ran with green p#ke. Nasty.

Great to see the small towns in Ireland showing pride like that.

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:

Great to see the small towns in Ireland showing pride like that.
patrickh

I believe so much in the small towns. Especially in those that want to save their traditions.
In the future, they will save our world.
But now, they are undefended and in big peril, and we must protect them. Also with photography.
This is one of my missions.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: St Paddy's Day 2009 Reply with quote

Bloody Micks! lol

Smile Smile Smile

Doug.

Farside wrote:
Carrick-on-Suir Main Street.
First St Patrick's Day Parade for twenty years, and it turned out well for a wee town.

All shots using a Tamron SP 35-80 and the contrasty lighting was a total pita.

The parade was led off by a procession of classic cars, the MGB, of course, breaking down and needing a push.

This is just a cross river shot using the SP35-80 and the SP 2x teleconverter. Absolutely no PP at all. Not too bad, although oddly other shots of the bridge downstream were crap at exactly the same settings. I suspect the infinity setting on the combination isn't quite to be believed, although it was sharp enough in the VF.