Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

UFAR-12 Rare lenses ... a M42 lens from russian MARS mission
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: UFAR-12 Rare lenses ... a M42 lens from russian MARS mission Reply with quote

Guess most people already know that I do some exotic photographic stuff as can be seen on my links given.

So after many months of search I was able to locate and finally get here the reminder from the russion mission to MARS, quite a few years back. UFAR-12 2.5/f=41mm were calculated at GOI by Prof. Volossov and his team, made of fluorite and quartz and are apochromatically corrected for UV, visible and IR light (230...1000nm). Sharpness is outstanding at 82lpm in the center and 40 lpm in the corners (!!), confirmed by my own comparison shootouts with other specialized lenses.

And now let's open the treasure cove:

And here some shots done with that lens in sequence visible, remapped UV-to-VIS as blue, UV (310...390nm)

Cheers!

Last edited by kds315* on Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:12 am; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW No. 3!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wowwwww!!!

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An incredible piece of glass - be nice to see more from it.

How did you get it back from Mars? Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting.

Would you mind doing a little test for me?
It is said that Purple Fringing is due to bad correction of the near-UV and near-IR in normal lenses (adding to purple fringes).

Now one would expect that your lens would probably show no Purple Fringing due to its good correction.

Curently the weather is very bad, but perhaps you will find some time when the sun comes out?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Seymore - haha yes, I have heard of the great chrysanthemum fields of mars - what a site!

How did you ever get a hold of something like that?!?! It's amazing!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is exciting things what sleeps in the Safe of science.

Imre

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guys!