Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Turkey trip with Samyang 14 on 5DII
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Turkey trip with Samyang 14 on 5DII Reply with quote

I did a minitrip to Turkey, here are some snapshot with the walimex 14mm

check also my other samyang 14mm thread, with more samples and how to calibrate it to use it as hyperfocal wide open

I wanted to see Izmir but I lost 1 hour to make 300m, circulation is even worst than Budapest so I shot this park for souvenir

this is Ephesus stadium, 14mm can almost cover it

there was a nice restaurant but they told me it is not for tourist

my daughter wanted to go to the playground of Troy

the topkapi palace of Istanbul

14mm is nice to take the atmosphere

14mm is not enough to frame agia sophia

we go to the bazaar to get some leather

walking in Istanbul

difficult to use a 14mm in a crowded place

stones in Perge

Last edited by poilu on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:03 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Poilu.

Brings back the memories when I visited all these places 20 years ago.

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice! Also looks hot, I imagine.
Am I the only one who thought of seeing a bird picture after reading the subject? Rolling Eyes Laughing

It looks like Turks are tolerant with female tourists not wearing the veil?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice series.

Ephesus has changed since I was there in 1991, there was nothing other than ruins then, definitely no restaurant in front of the library.

The quality of the light in #1 is wonderful.

The waterfall shot with many people is interesting, what PP did you apply to that one?

When I was in Istanbul in 1991 few women wore the veil, headscarves yes, but to me it didn't seem much different to Greece in how the women were dressed, maybe I saw mostly tourists though?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Am I the only one who thought of seeing a bird picture after reading the subject? Rolling Eyes Laughing

No.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your nice comments !

Ian wrote:
definitely no restaurant in front of the library

it was one of my joke, it was an hotel who organized a dinner
I have seen a documentary who tell that some historical places in Istanbul are rented for weddings or other events for big money

Quote:
The waterfall shot with many people is interesting, what PP did you apply to that one?

I push the shadows to +91 and the clarity to +33, this gived the almost HDR look you notified

Orio wrote:
Am I the only one who thought of seeing a bird picture after reading the subject?

I changed the title to Turkey trip Very Happy

Quote:
It looks like Turks are tolerant with female tourists not wearing the veil?

Turkey is a democratic secular state, a law ban veil in universities, actual government tried to change this law and didn't succeed
about half of the Turkish women wear veil but colorful ones looking more like fashion accessories
in touristic Istanbul, they were a lot of women in burka but they were tourists, not locals

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:

Quote:

I push the shadows to +91 and the clarity to +33, this gived the almost HDR look you notified

Interesting, thanks for the info, I do like the look you achieved a lot, I have never played with the clarity and shadows settings before, I will try them after seeing this. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the shots with many people involved are my favs, you have been far enough away to not change perspective to much - perfect.
Before looking at your pictures i would never have thought that 14mm is a "travel lens" even knowing from your former post with this lens that you hold a black belt in wide angle Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

56 DIN wrote:
the shots with many people involved are my favs, you have been far enough away to not change perspective to much - perfect.
Before looking at your pictures i would never have thought that 14mm is a "travel lens" even knowing from your former post with this lens that you hold a black belt in wide angle Very Happy

thanks! I didn't think that 14mm would be usable for people, but after playing with it, I found it perfectly usable
of course you have to frame for the landscape with people as accessories and avoid to have them in extreme borders
the samyang have lot of distortion and need a push of the clarity slider but it is sharp from wide open
the right foot of the front men is distorted (extreme border) but otherwise proportion are not shocking

those crop are not sharpened

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice (sunny Cool ) place and great serie, my fav are #1 & 10, great perspective and perfect PP....