Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Time Machine Project - 2012 May 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a week late...alas. Seems 120 film is sent about 1000 miles, literally, down to South Carolina, to get processed. I used Ilford XP2, that I had hanging around in my fridge. I think I will pick up a used developing tank!

Here's the link to the full roll. It's from an Ikonta 521/2, which is 6x9, so I only needed 8 shots!

Having 8 shots with a cranky old beast that needs to carefully have the film advanced with a knob whilst watching numbers in a little red window on the back, and remember to cock the shutter...and a top speed of 1/300, and scale focusing...not an action camera. One needs some deliberation. Oh, used an E-P2 as a light meter...

Here's the 3 I like best:

#1 Alewife T-Station, Cambridge, MA, USA

#2 Porter Square, Cambridge, MA, USA

#3 My Boston street, Boston, MA, USA - about 30 seconds at f11.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggboy wrote:
I am a week late...alas.

More like three weeks Wink But doesn't matter, thanks for taking part!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My math is:
    shoot May 5
    post within 14 days (May 19)
    posted May 25

....so a week after the final due date...just like school!

It's sad that it takes over 2 weeks to get C-41 process 120 film processed by normal labs now...they all send it out to North Carolina to a big Fuji plant that seems to do most of the commodity level process in the US...

Next time I'll pay for one of the better pro labs or shoot silver-based film and process myself...it will be good to smell those chemicals again.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very late, but I guess it's not that important now the thread is so old. At least they were taken on the day. It was just before I went to Australia. I spent the day teaching people woodwork - how to build a beehive.

Kodak Portra 160VC, Minolta X-500, Minolta MD 35-70/3.5

#3 A pair of Wombles I met on the way back from the pub