Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The VNEX-system
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: The VNEX-system Reply with quote

Since the original thread has been turned into a turmoil and had to be closed, I'd like to open this new thread in which the amazing possibilities of the VNEX-system can be shown.

Any discussion about Off-topic subjects such as if this lens or that one generally is appropriate for adaptation or not will be deleted.
So, please stick to the topic. It would really be a shame if this forum did not have any information on the VNEX.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is VNEX ?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Henry had a good idea about posting images from enlarger lenses, perhaps a new section for them ?
Really hoping to get hold of a VNEX set sooner rather than later, what would be the best/most durable way to coat the interior

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
What is VNEX ?

It's a fascinating system to adapt all kinds of lenses to a Sony NEX (and actually to other cams as well).

See here: http://forum.mflenses.com/apo-rodagon-n-2-8-50mm-on-sony-nex-7-via-vnex-focus-system-t54268.html

Henry, one of our members, has developed it.

The base - System... for mounting enlarger Lenses 40mm and longer to a Sony NEX cam..

For example with a mounted EL Nikkor N 2.8/50mm..

I will show some more examples in the coming days and I am sure that Henry is willing to present the system again.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Many thanks to explain it and for Henry to present it here, if Henry willing to sale items he will get my maximum support!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested about the VNex on a Pentax camera....and the costs of course Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be nice for M cameras too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

Yes, but it would need a rangefinder coupling. Or you would need the new "M". Wink

The VNEX-system can be adjusted to be used on EOS, Pentax, Sony and Nikon DLSRs and perhaps also on Sigmas.
I can't tell for sure, but Henry can and surely will do so.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Orio wrote:

Yes, but it would need a rangefinder coupling. Or you would need the new "M". Wink

Right Rolling Eyes Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Wow! Many thanks to explain it and for Henry to present it here, if Henry willing to sale items he will get my maximum support!

That is very kind, Attila.

I think the reason why Henry has not published this earlier here is the fact that the 0-series needed to be tested and that he needed to be able to produce a certain amount of VNEX-systems beforehand.

As far as I know he is planning to sell them. It's a whole systems that can be complemented by various parts which make it possible to adapt almost all kind of lenses.

These are the lenses that I have adapted (and I do not know as much about it as Henry does!)

Some of those lenses are great performers, others are lenses for dreamy effects.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BECAUSE OF SERVER - CRASH THIS VNEX - ARTICLE LOST ALL IMAGES EXPLAINING THE VNEX SYSTEM STEP BY STEP, YOU WILL F'IND THE NEW INFORMATIONS REGARDING VNEX SYSTEMS BY FOLLOW THE LINK

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1401089.html#1401089

Sorry for the inconvenience

Attila wrote:

Thanks Attila for your generous support.. !

Carsten assumed right..

First of all did have to save enough money for producing a certain amount of the system.. and protect the idea against copying. Very Happy
(I am a poor guy..Very Happy and have to argue with my wife for spending a lot of money in another expensiv idea Very Happy)

After finishing this, i produced and did sell the 10 prototypes in my own forum and the user gives me a very usefull response and new ideas for further developments in the System.

Now we have the Version 1 after the prototype state.. with some improvements on it.. and the first line of useful accessories.. and we are planning to develope more usefull things for that system.

Yes, the VNEX units are for sale.. and money will be reinvest in the system development. So this is a self-financing project..

The Units are made on professional CNC machines.. and assembled by myself..

People who are using this VNEX in my forum do report having great fun, playing around with lots of enlarger lenses, as well as with projektor lenses, defective and cheap rangefinder cams, Oscillo lenses and so on..

That is real unbelievable what creativity people do have..

That is the second aspect behind the VNEX... the fun - aspect in seeing lenses, which can be a good tool in your own photographic creativity..

Each of us has had hundreds of SLR lenses in hand.. from the cheap to the expensive ones.. we knew the most of them well from Forums all over the world..

But who has seen an Agfa APOTAR from an old defective Agfa Silette cam... and this gives stunning results..

So i would like to start a second Thread for showing only pictures, taken with lenses and parts of the VNEX System.. and showing solutions for some of the lenses to bring them to the system or how to use the accessoiries..

In this new thread i will show and explain the parts of the system.. tomorrow..

Thanks for let me introduce the system here on MfLenses..

Cheers
Henry

Last edited by hinnerker on Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your very welcome! I think hardest thing to avoid copying in China they can copy anything and you can do nothing Sad but anyway patent is important.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Your very welcome! I think hardest thing to avoid copying in China they can copy anything and you can do nothing Sad but anyway patent is important.

I am not familiar with patent but if this system is only patented out China then anyone in China may copy it and sell them their own.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
Attila wrote:

I am not familiar with patent but if this system is only patented out China then anyone in China may copy it and sell them their own.

Indeed and my guess to get patent in China for a western product almost impossible, other ways we not see many clones. Thank you for your comment and if you able to make a little investigate about Chinese patent it would be very helpful I hope to Henry.

Long time ago I would like to have patent on my little thing, I found same rules what you say about China, if not patent in each country I can't defense my product. So I did give up whole production, patent costs will be an incredible high amount to me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
calvin83 wrote:
Attila wrote:

Indeed and my guess to get patent in China for a western product almost impossible, other ways we not see many clones. Thank you for your comment and if you able to make a little investigate about Chinese patent it would be very helpful I hope to Henry.

Long time ago I would like to have patent on my little thing, I found same rules what you say about China, if not patent in each country I can't defense my product. So I did give up whole production, patent costs will be an incredible high amount to me.

The State Intellectual Property Office of China has an official page.
http://english.sipo.gov.cn/

However, it seem applying a patent is not easy for non-Chinese citizen or company.
http://english.sipo.gov.cn/application/chinesepatent/200804/t20080416_380498.html

I think better forget about the patent in China if for product making large sum of money.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

may I know, how much the price for this great tool? Why don't you make pre order for member here

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price and availability please. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patience, my friends. Wink
Please do not forget the time zones...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
Price and availability please. Smile

Good morning to all.. i am located in germany and have to sleep sometimes.. Very Happy

Ok, let us start with the System presentation and the price.. Very Happy

The main or base part of the System is the VNEX Focussing - Modul with some parts..

1. the mounted and adjusted VNEX for SONY NEX cams
2. 1 pcs. Screw - connector 12mm
3. 1 pcs. Screw - connector 9mm (in the pic above mounted on the VNEX)
4. 1 pcs. 25mm macro extension tube for extended reproduction scale to 1:1.25 or to use 80mm lenses on VNEX
5. 1 pcs. M39 INLAY.. to remount the adaptor base to a standard M39 to NEX adaptor.

What can you do with this base System?

in this base version, you can use the VNEX on SONY NEX cams with a lot of 50mm or 80mm enlarger lenses with M39 screw thread.

Please note the following link to an excel sheet in my forum, to see, which enlarger lenses are tested until now.. (have to update the list in the next days.. there are a lot more enlarger lenses fits to that VNEX System..)

Please open in a new browser-tab to see while reading..

http://www.digicamclub.de/showthread.php?t=16361

short explanation for the terms, used in the linked table:

In the first column of the sheet you can read, which connector and parts from the base System or the extended System fits to give Infinity on that VNEX System

"12mm Mutter" means.. 12mm connector between Lens<>VNEX Modul
"9mm Mutter"means.. 9mm connector between Lens<>VNEX Modul
"Wandlerplatte" means a part from the accessory toolset of VNEX.. to convert M25/M27/M30 or M32,5 lenses to fit VNEX

You can find in the 3. column some technical data like the measured register distance for infinity
in the column 4 the total lenght of the lens
in the column 7 the lenght of the lens screwthread.. (important.. will explain this later in the technical details..0
in the column 8 you can see, which lens do use a 40,5mm filter thread (later important for the optional retro-ring)

So this is a short overview of the enlarger lenses we tested during development..

The price: 129 Euro + shipping to your country..

Ok, let us now have a look at the optional components for the "extended Version" of VNEX Very Happy

For adapting lots of older enlarger lenses, we developed some usefull things like the mount conversion plates..

1. in the front row are 4 conversion plates to fit M32.5/M30/M27 and M25 screwmount lenses to the VNEX System. (from left to right)
2. Behind that row - on the left - there is an extra 6mm screw connector to connect lenses which do need this.. (explain that later)
3. on the right side in second row, you see the "Retro-Ring" for enlarger lenses with a filter threadmount of 40.5mm
(Allows to use the enlarger lens in opposite position.. for a little greater reproduction scale of 1:1)
(Allows also to use the macro extension tube as a provisorical lenshood)
4. in the last row in the background you can see an Intermediate Connector..

This "Intermediate-connector" is for combining each of the 6/9/12mm Connectors to get more distances between VNEX and the lens, if the register distance of a given lens need this.. for example, the Novoflex Staeble 4/60mm lens and some older Rangefinder lenses do need that combining..

At the moment, the shown optional Set is available only together with a base system, because we havent produced enough of them, to sell the Sets or parts of the Sets alone. Later you can buy single parts of the accessoirs..

Price for the Base-System + Set of optional components would be 169 Euro + Shipping to your country.

This is a very fair price for a product, that was manufactured in germany (not china!)

At the moment i do have only 20-25 Units in stock.. producing time would about 20-30 days if the units are selled.

If we can produce more units in the future, we can sell each part of the system as a standalone part.. and then i will public the prices for each optional component.. but first, the Units have to sell, for producing the next line of accessories and the new ideas we have for that system..

So if you want to buy one, you will be a part of a small but growing family of users who are interested in researching a lot of unknown lenses from older days... and some of them are very charming as you can see in some of the shown pictures.. Very Happy

Cheers
Henry

Last edited by hinnerker on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:14 am; edited 10 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, apart from all that great glass that you can adapt with the VNEX, you can also use and focus lenses which generate a very special effect.

Steinheil Oscillo-Quinon 1.9/75

This lens produces photos like this one:

Or that one:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if you adapt a collapsible Leitz Summitar 2/5cm with the VNEX you will get a nice protrait plus a super-macro lens.

Example shots in "macro mode":

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I applaud the decision to make this topic sticky

I am also looking for solution for enlarger lens by Wray, Wollensak and Rodenstock

oh yes and King Regula Super lens solution

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!

I bow before the creators!

This is just an amazing feat of engineering, especially for someone not working in Zeiss R&D Smile

I am an SLR user, so for me it is less relevant, but is sounds great.

Now, how about some magic adapter system from RF to SLR and vice versa? Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misha_M wrote:
WOW!

I bow before the creators!

This is just an amazing feat of engineering, especially for someone not working in Zeiss R&D Smile

I am an SLR user, so for me it is less relevant, but is sounds great.

Now, how about some magic adapter system from RF to SLR and vice versa? Wink

No problem anyway.. you can remount the inner part of the VNEX simply into an T2 Adapter for your Cam..

Then you will have VCAN = Canon / VNIK = Nikon / VSON = Sony / VPEN... and use this system for your SLR.. but only with enlarger lenses >= 80mm focal lenght ..

For example .. this is a remounted VNEX as a VCAN..

( EOS 5 D MKII with Rodagon 5.6/80mm)

this is the rear side of a T2 to Canon EOS adaptor to show, that there are no problems with the mirror of the 5 D cams.. Very Happy

So its no problem, to remount it to a simple T2 to "XY" cam adaptor with 3 screws.. only Nikon has a small problem because of the aperture control lever inside the mirror box..

But there is a simple way to solve this problem.. prevent the tube to intrude complete by a small rubber band..Very Happy

Pictrues taken with this combination and the Rodagon 5.6/80mm can be seen in the "VNEX - Showroom"..

http://forum.mflenses.com/vnex-showroom-for-enlarger-lens-pictures-t54330.html

Cheers
Henry

Last edited by hinnerker on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so far the VNEX System prices..

But lets do a bit practise...

I will show the way you can bring enlarger or different lenses from old fixed lens rangefindercams (if they were really defective, rubbish and irreparable.. otherwise is butchery) to the VNEX System.

Here is a Rodenstock Ysar 3.5/50mm in M30 screw - mount.. we want to connect to VNEX Focussing Unit step by step....

Left you see one of the 4 adaptorplates, designed for VNEX, in front the hexagonal tool for srew-work, right the Rodenstock Ysar 3.5/50mm

with one of the adaptorplates we have to bring the M30 Rodenstock mount to M39 VNEX modul..

Lets have a look at the Rodenstok Ysar..

a. this is a possible place for connecting with a 25mm adapterplate of the VNEX if its not in use by another lens.
b. this is a possible place for connecting with a 30mm adapterplate of the VNEX if its not in use by another lens

25mm adaptorplate - position..

30mm adaptorplate - position.. we take this position for further explaining..

as you can see, there is also shown a hexagonal Inbus tool with SW9 (2mm) which is part of the accessory set.
With 3 Inbus-screws you lock the Rodagon in the adaptorplate

So, our lens is prepared to fit in the VNEX Focussing modul

We only have to screw in the prepared Rodagon Ysar 3.5/50mm and lock the Ysar in the VNEX-connector on the correct adjusted infinity position.. Very Happy

Now the System is ready to run on the NEX cams.. easy, isnt it?

This is a very good way, to find out, if an old enlarger lens or another lens is good or not..

If you find a real gem between lots of lenses from all systems and manufacturer, you can simply build preadjusted "lens-heads" for your work. This makes it very easy, to change between lenses and you will have a very small NEX Set taken with you on travel, walking and so on.. You only have to order the parts, you want permanently stay on the lens like their new "Lens-Housing"

These are some prepaired "lens heads" i have in use often..
(from L to R = AGFA Color AMBION 4/28mm, Rodenstock Ysar 3.5/50mm, ROW (Rathower Optische Werke) Orphan 4.5/55mm

Cheers
Henry