Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The best trio of Fujinon and X-Fujinon lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkku wrote:
As for the others, well, the 19mm f/3.5 is indeed very lovely, the Fujinon colours combined with wide angle make it excellent for landscapes.

I think we'd all love to see sample shots taken with your Fujinon 19mm.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fujinonuser wrote:
Arkku wrote:
As for the others, well, the 19mm f/3.5 is indeed very lovely, the Fujinon colours combined with wide angle make it excellent for landscapes.

I think we'd all love to see sample shots taken with your Fujinon 19mm.

I posted a new thread for the 19mm Fujinon. Others feel free to join in and post their samples and/or comments. =)

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inspired by the praise for the Fujinon 19/3.5 I hunted down a NOS EBC X-Fujinon SW 19/3.5

I haven't tried the lens yet but I'm extremely impressed by the build quality. The X-Fujinon is not as heavy and smooth as the Contax 18/4 but it's still very, very nice. The hood is metal and the front lens cap is the most massive I've seen in a lens ever, thick screw in aluminium.

I had become a bit sceptical about the build quality of the X-Fujinons since my 50/1.6 seems a bit flimsy. No worries though, it seems like the higher end lenses are very much top quality.

I'm fortunate enough to have a few high quality wide angle lenses to try out which will be interesting. When I get the time I will post comparisons between the Contax 18/4, X-Fujinon SW 19/3.5 and the Hexanon AR 21/2.8

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, I just stumbled upon a 55 f/1.6 Fujinon lens in DM mount and was wondering if it's possible to convert it to Canon? Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1.6/55 is a good lens but I don't think it's worth butchering it, there are many other lenses just as good that will fit a canon.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see some hi-res samples of my Fujinon-TV lens modifications here: www.ekoecamera.com

Here is a side by side comparison of the Fujinon-TV 25mm/f1.4 to the Carl Zeiss Jena Tevidon 25mm/f1.4:
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/4-3rds-cameras/13547-czj-tevidon-versus-fujinon-cctv.html

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I'd never sold my Fujinon-TV 1.8/75, that was a great lens. Sadly the other two Fujinon-TV lenses I had were useless, they had tiny image circles (1.4/9mm and 1.4/14mm) Sad

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pontus wrote:
When I get the time I will post comparisons between the Contax 18/4, X-Fujinon SW 19/3.5 and the Hexanon AR 21/2.8

Please be so kind to post comparisons between the three SWA lenses that you own. I'm most interested to see the results. Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fujinonuser wrote:
Pontus wrote:
When I get the time I will post comparisons between the Contax 18/4, X-Fujinon SW 19/3.5 and the Hexanon AR 21/2.8

Please be so kind to post comparisons between the three SWA lenses that you own. I'm most interested to see the results. Thank you.

+2

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I promise I will do a comparison as soon as I get adapters for all lenses. I'm saving up because I want to buy Novoflex, and my budget is a bit tight right now because I've bought too many lenses recently.

Btw, have you noticed how few X-Fujinons there are on eBay right now? And no high-end lenses at all!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some pictures from my 50mm 1.2 Fujinon-X with a focus confirm EOS mount. I sold my 19mm with EOS mount already. Enjoy D

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davoodt wrote:
Here are some pictures from my 50mm 1.2 Fujinon-X with a focus confirm EOS mount. I sold my 19mm with EOS mount already. Enjoy D

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pontus wrote:
I promise I will do a comparison as soon as I get adapters for all lenses. I'm saving up because I want to buy Novoflex, and my budget is a bit tight right now because I've bought too many lenses recently.

Btw, have you noticed how few X-Fujinons there are on eBay right now? And no high-end lenses at all!

There are never many X-Fujinons on ebay, or M42 ones either, there are always plenty of the 2.2/55 and 1.9/50, and the 1.6/50 is fairly common, but apart from that, you see very few, the X-Fujinar 135mm comes along about one a week, but that's it, and I have been keeping my eye on them for a year or more. Mamiya-Sekor SLR lenses are the same, lots of the 1.7/50 and the 3.5/28 comes long one or two a week, but the others are seen very infrequently.

Very sadly, I missed out on a X-Fujinon 100mm yesterday, it only went for 22ukp. Sad I was going to bid more than that on it but didn't get home in time to bid, very sad, doubt I will see another one for a while.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone made a fantastic deal. 22 GPB, wow. Sorry it wasn't you!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walter: Interesting bokeh on #4!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Walter: Interesting bokeh on #4!

Not mine. I wish I had one. I just quoted davoodt so his images would show.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Walter for making my pictures show. That was my first post here. The best thing about using f1.2 is the bokeh. The lens is very soft at 1.2 but sharpens up a lot by 2.0.

Davood

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add that the Fuji M42 EBC T 135mm f3.5 and 200mm f4.5 are VG (can't say if they are the best in the world but I'm happy to use them on film) and a bonus is my copies also pass my minimum focus test as well.

Fuji 135mm f3.5, supermarket dev and scan Reala

Fuji 200mm f4.5, supermarket dev and scan Reala

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are more pictures with at f2.0 and 5.6 (Carousel)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's an English word to describe the colors and the sharpness in your pictures -- "awful." Thank you for sharing Smile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

?? What is wrong with the photos? And colors??
Why awful?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoanpham wrote:
?? What is wrong with the photos? And colors??
Why awful?

He was kidding. Look at his alias, he's a big fan of Fujinon lenses Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

Forums and internet still have room for improvement Smile
It's not easy to detect humor like body language, face, tonal...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true. It is so easy to misunderstand someone when you're not talking eye to eye. Especially humour and/or sarcasm can be tricky.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one letter left out - an "e"
Awe-Full .... full of awe!
Nice lenses, nice results too.
OH