Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The best trio of Fujinon and X-Fujinon lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

?? What is wrong with the photos? And colors??
Why awful?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoanpham wrote:
?? What is wrong with the photos? And colors??
Why awful?

He was kidding. Look at his alias, he's a big fan of Fujinon lenses Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

Forums and internet still have room for improvement Smile
It's not easy to detect humor like body language, face, tonal...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true. It is so easy to misunderstand someone when you're not talking eye to eye. Especially humour and/or sarcasm can be tricky.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one letter left out - an "e"
Awe-Full .... full of awe!
Nice lenses, nice results too.
OH

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: AWEful Reply with quote

My apologies to hoanpham and other members of this forum. Of course I wanted to express my admiration and gratitude to hoanpham for his great pictures and for sharing them with us.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the Xmouse break, I was lucky enough to find a Fujinon EBC 55mm f1.8
This is my only Fujinon so I can't compare it with other Fujinons ..... BUT ........... if they are all this good or better, then they are truly top shelf.
Here are some quick and dirty images on K-10D

100% crop:

Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, does anybody know if the Fujinon T EBC 135mm 3.5 lens is radioactive? I got it today and I find it pretty sharp. Not amazing bokeh but it seems like a solid portrait lens. Love the size and construction and it came with a metallic hood that makes it look hot. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MuchoFlavorStudio wrote:
Hi, does anybody know if the Fujinon T EBC 135mm 3.5 lens is radioactive? I got it today and I find it pretty sharp. Not amazing bokeh but it seems like a solid portrait lens. Love the size and construction and it came with a metallic hood that makes it look hot. Thanks.

The bokeh on your lens should be creamy smooth, the lens sharp as a razor, and the colors quite vibrant. I have owned that lens for the better part of 10 years and it performs well above average.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MuchoFlavorStudio wrote:
Hi, does anybody know if the Fujinon T EBC 135mm 3.5 lens is radioactive?

My Fujinon EBC 135 / 3.5 is not yellowish compared to the Fujinon EBC 100 / 2.8. The latter is radioactive. But they are both excellent lenses. Beautiful colors and very sharp.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the vast majority of radioactive lenses are wides and normals.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm stealing this from flickr, it was posted by our member Arkku, take it for what it's worth.

The following lenses are not radioactive:

• “new style” (rubber focusing ring) non-EBC Fujinon 50mm f/1.4
• “new style” (rubber focusing ring without “stripes” or gaps between knobs) EBC Fujinon 50mm f/1.4
• Fujinon 55mm f/1.6
• any of the four styles of 55mm f/1.8 Fujinon, EBC or non-EBC

Out of the 50 and 55mm Fujinons I have tested, only the “old style” (silver-coloured aperture ring) non-EBC 50mm f/1.4 is radioactive. (edit: there is also a relatively rare EBC version that is radioactive)
I measured.

edit: I've since seen one person claim to have measured an EBC 50mm f/1.4 Fujinon and to have found it radioactive. I have measured two EBCs and one “new style” non-EBC and they were not radioactive. This raises an interesting question: are some rare versions of the EBC 50mm f/1.4 Fujinon radioactive?

edit 2: Turns out that there is a (relatively) rare EBC 50mm f/1.4 version that is radioactive: it is the one which has gaps between the knobs in its rubber focusing ring, i.e., the focusing ring has a “striped” or “segmented” look rather than uniform knobs all around. This lens is a different optical design than the later (much more common) EBC 50mm f/1.4, since it also differs in size and weight.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I have a Fujinon 1.6/55 in X mount that is very good but sadly has some grease on the back of the front element that gives a patch of the image a soft glowy look, one in good condition would be a great lens I think.

The 19mm Fujinon is supposed to be superb.

The 55 / 1.6 is a really nice lens, is it the best lens I've got in the 50ish range? I don't know....maybe with some test chart pixel peeping a comparison would find a winner? But the Fujinon X is certainly up there with best.

Shot wide open on Sony A6000. I like the bokeh from this lens, it can do bubbles, but it's not pronounced.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly that grease spot or whatever it was could not be cleaned off my 1.6/55. I do have two copies of the 1.6/50 and really like it. I also had a copy of the 1.6/50 3-4 years ago and it was awful, didn't get remotely sharp until f4 and then was still not very sharp, had very strong CA. Obviously, it was a duffer. I also have 2.8/35 and 3.5/28 X-Fujinons and like those too, particularly the vivid colours.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have had the 1.6/55 and the 1.8/55.
I rate the 1.8/55 as the better lens all round and this one I kept - the 1.6/55 wasn't as good in my opinion, even though I have seen beautiful images taken by others with it.
I onsold the 1.6/55
Tom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1.8/55 didn't make it into the X-Fujinon era, probably it was too expensive to manufacture. The 1.9/50 and 2.2/55 X-Fujinons are rather underwhelming, it's the 1.6/55 and 1.6/50 X-Fujinons that are the good ones.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
The 1.8/55 didn't make it into the X-Fujinon era, probably it was too expensive to manufacture. The 1.9/50 and 2.2/55 X-Fujinons are rather underwhelming, it's the 1.6/55 and 1.6/50 X-Fujinons that are the good ones.

Yes, that's right Ian - I should have mentioned that the 1.8/55 is of M42 mount
Cheers
Tom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The 55 / 1.6 is a really nice lens, is it the best lens I've got in the 50ish range? I don't know....

You have a lot of different 50mm ? Me too, both versions of the 50 and 55mm 1.6 but I don't have many 50mm lenses to assess objectively.
Showed like.
50мм 1.6 ebc

55мм 1.6 ebc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

Yes, that's right Ian - I should have mentioned that the 1.8/55 is of M42 mount
Cheers
Tom

It's all good Tom, I certainly wasn't trying to correct you. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sergun wrote:
Quote:
The 55 / 1.6 is a really nice lens, is it the best lens I've got in the 50ish range? I don't know....

You have a lot of different 50mm ? Me too, both versions of the 50 and 55mm 1.6 but I don't have many 50mm lenses to assess objectively.
Showed like.
50мм 1.6 ebc

55мм 1.6 ebc

Those are both excellent portraits. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Fujinon 50mm f1.6 DM EBC @f1.6

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sample of my 55mm/1.8 EBC:

I think the rendering is quite modern. The bokeh looks a bit plasticky especially when the are highlights in it. I think that is a Fuji thing.