Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 70-210 f/3.5 19AH arrived today!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Tamron SP 70-210 f/3.5 19AH arrived today! Reply with quote

Remember?
http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?p=2584#2584

The Tamron SP zoom lens that was sold as broken?

Well, I got it today. With shaky hands I opened the box, not knowing if I will find a lens in there are just some lens parts. Wink

First thing I saw was a like-new lens bag, heavy leather and padding inside.
Wow!

Then I unpacked the lens:

"Hmmm ... it seems to be OK...
The focus ring turns smoothly...
Ah... wait the zoom ring is a little hard to push forward...
That's all?... lenses are pristine...aperture blades close and open perfectly...
OK, have to try it...
Right, there's the Nikon-Adaptall-ring... good.. the Nikon-EOS-adapter fits...
'Click' ... ready to shoot with my 350D...

Let's go outside... hmmm ... focus is no problem...
Allright, the zoom is a little resistant ... but it works...
Oh what's that? It does focus beyond infinity!
Well, I don't care... I am looking through the finder not at the lens...

Ok, here we go... the first shots ...
Wow... looks good on the display...

Let's have a look on the computer...

Hey! This pics look great! ... What is the problem? ...

There must be something! Anything?
"

After a second look at the lens back in my study, I saw that the terminal ring of the Adaptall-mount was a little bent. I guess the lens fell on this mount. But that was easily fixed (I just had to unscrew 3 screws and flatten the ring carefully. Took me about 5 minutes!)

The lens is, apart from the slightly resistant zoom ring, in perfect order and can be used without problem.

Hey, it's like winning in a lottery! I got this lens for about € 11,- including shipping!

Thanks very much again, Attila, for the link!

This really made my day!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Carsten

P.S.: The first pictures follow soon...

Last edited by LucisPictor on Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:29 am; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some first, quick testshots:

@ f5.6

@f3.5 (wide open) / 210mm

100% crop (f3.5 / 210mm) - no pp, no sharpening!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must go to the lottery ! To get one of the best lens only for 11 EUR ? How lucky you ? Incredible! Congratulation!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See? Joining this forum brings incredible opportunities and joy for everybody!! Very Happy

(How about that for shameless promotion?) Laughing

Congrats Carsten, I don't think it can be called just luck. Pure luck is when something good happens to you and you weren't looking for it. But you have believed in this opportunity since the beginning, and you had the guts to bid on it even when it appeared hopeless to everyone. So you fully deserve it!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Orio. That's very nice of you.
Actually it didn't need that many guts to set a bid of 8 Euro or something. Wink

But what is true is that just the fact that I am a member here got me that opportunity!

That is one reason why I like it here! Very Happy

Carsten

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Thanks, Orio. That's very nice of you.
Actually it didn't need that many guts to set a bid of 8 Euro or something. Wink
Carsten

Well, I for one would not have risked 8 Eur + shipping on the lens as it was described!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You Lucky ******
The zoom action on these lenses is always a bit on the tight side compared to some cheap ones. It was a very tightly enginered operation moving different elements at different FL. It could be that the lens didn''t recieve any real damage. If the zoom action is fairly even and doesn't stick at any place everything should be fine and most likely better than the zoom action being loose.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[evil mode=on]The seller was a woman. Maybe she wanted to take revenge on her husband and sells all his stuff as broken. Twisted Evil
We should have a look at the other items she offers. Wink [/evil mode-off]

Carsten

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
[evil mode=on]The seller was a woman. Maybe she wanted to take revenge on her husband and sells all his stuff as broken. Twisted Evil
We should have a look at the other items she offers. Wink [/evil mode-off]

Carsten

This shows that you have no experience with divorce.
What a woman would have done in this case, is to sell his husband stuff as high-priced as she could, and then keep all the money.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
This shows that you have no experience with divorce.
What a woman would have done in this case, is to sell his husband stuff as high-priced as she could, and then keep all the money.

He, my wife reads the threads of this forum from time to time - don't give her the idea for such brutal thoughts... Very Happy

Michael