Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron Aspherical 28-200mm f3.5-f5-6 Adaptall-2 71A
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Tamron Aspherical 28-200mm f3.5-f5-6 Adaptall-2 71A Reply with quote

Sony Nex-3 + LCD viewer

lens discussion thread is here
http://forum.mflenses.com/tamron-adaptall-2-28-200mm-latest-version-t38519.html

Last edited by Attila on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with that lens !
What a range 28-200, perfect travel zoom I guess.

From the samples I like most the church towers and all the portraits without
exception Smile

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Thank you ! My conclusion was too, this a great inexpensive all occasion travel lens.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much better than expected! Thanks for sharing, I've been looking for samples for a while.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Much better than expected! Thanks for sharing, I've been looking for samples for a while.

Finger crossed my friend! Another thing what did come into my mind, why possible people did believe it is un-sharp. Infinity on this lens not exactly at end so if you don't have accurate focusing device , easy to make not well focused images and think this lens is un-sharp.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent image quality, really good! That wonderful NEX sensor making god use of decent glass again!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is an old thread, but it appears on the first page of Google when searching for this lens, so I thought I would quickly post my initial thoughts on it - in use with a Sony NEX 5N.

Firstly, the lens seems to be quite expensive on the bay - most of the time, with some notable exceptions that make this lens a real bargain IMO.

Secondly, the lens feels well made, is compact (although chunky on the NEX) and light and is the perfect walkaround lens for casual photos (28mm is wide enough for most things, even on a crop sensor, I tend to find).

Thirdly, it works better in good light, but with the high ISO performance of the NEX range, bumping up the ISO can compensate for the relative slowness of the lens (compared to, say, the older SP 35-210mm f3.5-4.2 that I also own).

Finally, performance. I've walked around with this lens on a couple of occasions with OK results, but in the right light it seems to perform really well at around f7 and is sharp - to my eyes - at 200mm (certainly sharper than the similar modern lenses I have used in the past on a Canon 30D). It is a handy lens, my only problem is that it is much better than I expected (very little online regarding the performance of this lens) and I know have a difficult choice between this lens and my SP 35-210mm.

Sample, straight out of the camera, f7, 1/1000 sec, ISO 800 @ 200mm:

Same image, 100% crop.

Not bad for the really low price paid for a mint copy of this lens.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uponnothing wrote:
I know this is an old thread, but it appears on the first page of Google when searching for this lens, so I thought I would quickly post my initial thoughts on it - in use with a Sony NEX 5N.

Firstly, the lens seems to be quite expensive on the bay - most of the time, with some notable exceptions that make this lens a real bargain IMO.

Secondly, the lens feels well made, is compact (although chunky on the NEX) and light and is the perfect walkaround lens for casual photos (28mm is wide enough for most things, even on a crop sensor, I tend to find).

Thirdly, it works better in good light, but with the high ISO performance of the NEX range, bumping up the ISO can compensate for the relative slowness of the lens (compared to, say, the older SP 35-210mm f3.5-4.2 that I also own).

Finally, performance. I've walked around with this lens on a couple of occasions with OK results, but in the right light it seems to perform really well at around f7 and is sharp - to my eyes - at 200mm (certainly sharper than the similar modern lenses I have used in the past on a Canon 30D). It is a handy lens, my only problem is that it is much better than I expected (very little online regarding the performance of this lens) and I know have a difficult choice between this lens and my SP 35-210mm.

Sample, straight out of the camera, f7, 1/1000 sec, ISO 800 @ 200mm:

Same image, 100% crop.

Not bad for the really low price paid for a mint copy of this lens.