Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Steinheil Auto-D-Tele-Quinar 2.8/135mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Steinheil Auto-D-Tele-Quinar 2.8/135mm Reply with quote

Got for my K200D an magnifying eyecup (O-ME53). Tried out this item today at my morning walk with the combo above.

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Enjoy your Quinar, i have one and it's one of my sharpest 135mm (i have at least 5 or 6 of them) ... Try it with a short extension tube to shorten its minimum focusing distance and you will be truly amazed by its IQ (despite the fact that it is not a macro lens optimized for close focusing) ...

And, if you have the possibility, check also it's little brother 135/3.5: wide open it is sharper than the 135/2.8, IMHO ...

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks noisy for a 400.
Unless you sharpened it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
It looks noisy for a 400.
Unless you sharpened it.

no, no sharpening. That´s why I will change the K200D with the K-5 next week.
Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concerning this O-ME53 ... I didn't know, that it exist, just looked it up ... I have the normal magnifier.

How do you like it so far? Is it a big different ?

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobbsman wrote:
Concerning this O-ME53 ... I didn't know, that it exist, just looked it up ... I have the normal magnifier.

How do you like it so far? Is it a big different ?

Cheers
Tobias

The magnification is about 1,18 x. Produce some vignetting in the viewfinder but to find the focus is now much better. Will work with K-7 too, so hopefully with K-5 also.

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indianadinos wrote:
Hi,

Enjoy your Quinar, i have one and it's one of my sharpest 135mm (i have at least 5 or 6 of them) ... Try it with a short extension tube to shorten its minimum focusing distance and you will be truly amazed by its IQ (despite the fact that it is not a macro lens optimized for close focusing) ...

And, if you have the possibility, check also it's little brother 135/3.5: wide open it is sharper than the 135/2.8, IMHO ...

Cheers

I got the complete extension tube set with the lens when I bought it. Will try it out, thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I didn´t own the 135/3.5. I have the 135/4.5 Culminar preset in silver.

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
I have the 135/4.5 Culminar preset in silver.

Wink

What are your impressions about it ? Since i got my first Steinheil lens i am thinking about getting one (more common and cheaper than Quinar) ... If i remember well, the whole optical group of the Culminar may be unscrewed from the focusing barrel and mounted on a bellows for macro photography ...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indianadinos wrote:
Rolf wrote:
I have the 135/4.5 Culminar preset in silver.

Wink

What are your impressions about it ? Since i got my first Steinheil lens i am thinking about getting one (more common and cheaper than Quinar) ... If i remember well, the whole optical group of the Culminar may be unscrewed from the focusing barrel and mounted on a bellows for macro photography ...

Unfortunately I have to say that I didn´t use it so far. I bought it last year for 3 € at my local dealer because it looks like new. I made some quick shots and since that the lens has a special place within my showcase - because it is a real beauty.

http://forum.mflenses.com/until-today-no-bargain-of-the-month-t20358,highlight,culminar.html

Will try it next week when the K-5 will arrive.

That´s the reason I couldn´t confirm the macro function yet.

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Culminar 4.5/135.
It's very sharp, at least my copy is. I think it should be a triplet lens, like Triotar, but I am not sure.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I have the Culminar 4.5/135.
It's very sharp, at least my copy is. I think it should be a triplet lens, like Triotar, but I am not sure.

Yes, could be - whereas the Triotar is much larger than the Culminar.

left Triotar, right Culminar

Looks like a Leica Hektor - but I believe all lenses out of this time looks similar.

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rolf

Very nice pic.

The steinheil is a great lens. The "D" version in not the macro one, if I don´t remember badly.

Excelente lens, with very good color rendition and contrast.

The resolution power is hight and the bokeh is good too.

Three marvelous 135 lenses, the steinheil 3,5, the D 2,8 and the macro 2,8.

I have planed for the next year look for a steinheil 135 lens. Don't sell yours till then. Wink

Regards, Rino.