Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

some 100% crop fun w/Skopar on Bessa 66
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: some 100% crop fun w/Skopar on Bessa 66 Reply with quote

I took this photo at dawn, camera on tripod, yellow Moment filter, Ilford Delta 100 developed in Fomadon Excel, Epson 4490 scan. I'd set the focus a bit far so the tree is barely in the front focus zone...

Looking at the ~7 mpix scan, the street sign in the back is legible. So I figure I'll do a "100% crop" to show unresized. I did desaturate this crop relative to the larger pic above.

I feel really lucky to have found this wee prewar gem of a camera.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a gem it is. I never cease to be amazed to see what those pre-war cameras can do. I'm almost inclined to think that many pre-war cameras are better than the post-war ones...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow. good stuff ...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
And a gem it is. I never cease to be amazed to see what those pre-war cameras can do. I'm almost inclined to think that many pre-war cameras are better than the post-war ones...

+1

Many of them indeed are.

Great B&W shot Nesster, I like it a lot.