Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

some 100% crop fun w/Skopar on Bessa 66
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: some 100% crop fun w/Skopar on Bessa 66 Reply with quote

I took this photo at dawn, camera on tripod, yellow Moment filter, Ilford Delta 100 developed in Fomadon Excel, Epson 4490 scan. I'd set the focus a bit far so the tree is barely in the front focus zone...

Looking at the ~7 mpix scan, the street sign in the back is legible. So I figure I'll do a "100% crop" to show unresized. I did desaturate this crop relative to the larger pic above.

I feel really lucky to have found this wee prewar gem of a camera.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a gem it is. I never cease to be amazed to see what those pre-war cameras can do. I'm almost inclined to think that many pre-war cameras are better than the post-war ones...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow. good stuff ...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
And a gem it is. I never cease to be amazed to see what those pre-war cameras can do. I'm almost inclined to think that many pre-war cameras are better than the post-war ones...

+1

Many of them indeed are.

Great B&W shot Nesster, I like it a lot.