Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SIGNATURE LINE
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: SIGNATURE LINE Reply with quote

Guidelines for Signature

Signatures are meant to show your camera gear and provide easy access for other members to your personal websites and or galleries.

Approved subjects for signature line use all or none as you chose:

Members real name and sign off greeting : Cheers Andy
Gear list or link to gear list
Members own photographs or film strips of reasonable and allowable size.
Members links to owned Websites or Gallery pages (flikr etc)
Members email address

That's it. very simple.
No Slogans or other text will be allowed.
If there is a slogan or subject you wish to interact with the group about please start a thread in the appropriate forum/sub-forum .

This is a photography forum. The intent of these rules is to limit subject matter to photography.
Please feel free to express yourself through your photos.
That is why we are all here right?

Respectfully
MFlenses Management

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: With the definition in mind ... Reply with quote

... I am gone, Andy.
It is a shame, really, that grown men, men of the world, educated men, cannot abide another man's simple statement of faith simply because they do not like it.
It is sad that I could post mini-nudes or near nudes in the new signature style with no complaints, but not a citation from the Bible. I see that I could not even post a link to my blog because it is not "owned," even if it has 1,000 photos on it.
Maybe I am being egocentric, but isn't it ridiculous that you guys are remaking the rules because of one evangelical American? What are you afraid of?
You guys have your fun in lockstep.
Paul

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid question..

what about my cameraserviceone slogan ??

is it OK..?

s

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing: Any of you guys care to get in touch, my email is papaforeman@yahoo.com.
Adieu,
Paul
(Gee, four posts short of 2,000? What a drag ...)
Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul the blog is fine. Don't mince my words. You can see I put "flikr etc"
The intention was to disallow Spam or links that were not Authored by the member. I may change that wording.
You have your opportunities to be an individual if you choose. These however are the rules for all.
Leave the ego...bring the photos.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rules clearly say "owned" sites. I do not own any, like flickr and photobucket.
Perhaps come clarity is in order ...

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:
The rules clearly say "owned" sites. I do not own any, like flickr and photobucket.
Perhaps come clarity is in order ...

https://www.blogger.com/start

register one here

Last edited by Attila on Wed May 19, 2010 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not the one behind this signature decision, but I have no problem with it.
Signatures are propaganda, commercials. One-liners that can not be discussed, ivory towers within which one can stand with the shelf of it's self made truth, because signatures can not be discussed, can not be confronted.
The real identity of a person surfaces from confrontation and discussion with different opinions, not from one-line self portraits.
In the case of a photography forum, like this one, the identity of a person, his personality, must surface from his photographic work.

For other topics, there are other forums. It would have been nice to keep discussing religion and politics in the café, but evidently the situation slipped out of hands and hence the decision of banning those topics from the forum. I am not behind that decision either, and I can not say that I really like it, it is a loss indeed, but I understand it has become pretty much of an obliged decision, in order to keep the whole site more photography-centred.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I oppose the censoring of non-offensive sigs and tags.

For unrelated reasons, starting in a few days I'll be absent from these forums for a few months. Maybe I'll return, maybe not. We'll see.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
Politics and religion are subjects any traveller should avoid touching in small-talk or more serious discussion for a very good reason - the same reason why it is a good idea for an international photography forum to avoid fuelling discussions that inevitably will divide the forum more than any imposed new signature rule.

Vilhelm

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: SIGNATURE LINE Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:

Members email address

That's it. very simple.

Since "laws" are often taken literally, I guess this means that either one will have to put all of the above into the signature, or not a single thing. If this is not the case, please consider making a small change into the wording.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this was thought thru at all.

Are you telling me that the member that has DOF is in your mind. In his signiture has to remove it.
There are more examples, I just listed one.

PLEASE CLARIFY THIS RULE.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Signatures... Reply with quote

So we cannot even have a quote from Ansel Adams?

Blimey!

Doug.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: SIGNATURE LINE Reply with quote

Anu wrote:
F16SUNSHINE wrote:

Members email address

That's it. very simple.

Since "laws" are often taken literally, I guess this means that either one will have to put all of the above into the signature, or not a single thing. If this is not the case, please consider making a small change into the wording.

Ever the willing Troller eh Anu?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to reserect an old thread but there was another one but I need a 100 post profile to read it Question

I wanted to make the writing in my signature smaller. I tried the size=9 HTML but it didn't like it! Can I ask how we are doing it here please Razz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cardiff_gareth wrote:

I wanted to make the writing in my signature smaller. I tried the size=9 HTML but it didn't like it! Can I ask how we are doing it here please Razz

Try:

size=9 (You need to put "[" before "s" and "]" after "9")

Your text here.

/size (You need to put "[" before "s" and "]" after "e")

Last edited by my_photography on Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:27 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See here http://forum.mflenses.com/signature-samples-t7273.html Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! Thank you both Wink