Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Self portrait with my CZJ 180mm "Olympic" Sonnar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Self portrait with my CZJ 180mm "Olympic" Sonnar Reply with quote

I call this pic "Intense", and you can see why if you stare at it for while! Shocked
http://sigmasd10.fotopic.net/p39245543.html
(click on the pic to see it full size!)

Last edited by DSG on Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Self portrait with my Carl Zeiss Jena 180mm "Olympi Reply with quote

DSG wrote:
I call this pic "Intense", and you can see why if you stare at it for while! Shocked

Yes. And I can't stand it for more than a few seconds. In your first live your profession was a hypnotist? Wink

Intense shot, as you said.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Self portrait with my Carl Zeiss Jena 180mm "Olympi Reply with quote

Borges wrote:
DSG wrote:

Yes. And I can't stand it for more than a few seconds. In your first live your profession was a hypnotist? Wink

Intense shot, as you said.

He, He, imagine what it was like when I had to stare at it while processing it! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shoot with an outstanding lens, I have two copy from Olympic Sonnar I think one of the best lenses in my collection. I like better than later black MC.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I see spirals in the apples of your eyes! Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An intense glance, really.
But first of all a definitely good performance of both camera and lens!

I guess that this intense feeling is caused by the fact that there is only one light reflection in each eye.

Carsten

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o u t s t a n d i n g

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's intense. Very intense. . . .

You are my master. Tell me what I have to do. I'm waiting your orders. Ohh.. what happened ?

Rino.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alf

OK I give in. How did you do a self with a lens this long? The portrait is of course stunning. If I had to look at myself this closely I should probably commit suicide. Smile Smile

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alf, I have looked at the full-size pic and now I fear that I will have nightmares in my sleep Shocked

Just: WOW!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Alf, I have looked at the full-size pic and now I fear that I will have nightmares in my sleep Shocked

Just: WOW!

Look at my eyes, look at my eyes, not around the eyes but into my eyes...

...Just kidding Laughing

Last edited by DSG on Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Alf

OK I give in. How did you do a self with a lens this long? The portrait is of course stunning. If I had to look at myself this closely I should probably commit suicide. Smile Smile

patrickh

The lens and camera were tripod mounted as close to the back wall of my house as possible but at about chest height.
What you cant see is that just out of frame is an old, bent, Elder tree trunk, 18 feet away from this back wall of the house which I focussed on...Then it was just a matter of leaning forward till my head was in line with the lens and the trunk and I used a cable remote to trigger the camera. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:

You are my master. Tell me what I have to do. I'm waiting your orders.

You will send me all your lenses as soon as possible, then you will forget you did this and think you lost them.

LOL!....Just kidding. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSG wrote:
estudleon wrote:

You are my master. Tell me what I have to do. I'm waiting your orders.

You will send me all your lenses as soon as possible, then you will forget you did this and think you lost them.

Laughing
I glad I didn't keep your gaze for too long! Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice autoportrait, but didn't work the hypnosis for me as i thought you were an All Black player ...... oh its strange

I feel the urge to send you money to buy some Zeiss lenses. And a new camera body. Ok no problem

Wink