Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider-Kreuznach Curtagon 28mm F4 (exacta m.. fantastic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:12 am    Post subject: Schneider-Kreuznach Curtagon 28mm F4 (exacta m.. fantastic Reply with quote

I'm really impressed with the quality of this lens..

i bought it to Luispictor (a great seller, thanks) and he sent me in a excellent shape...

some samples ... what do you think about? anyone knows the lens?

The photos are taken with and olympus E-1 and one adapter exacta to 4/3..

The first two are taken in a village cemetery,,, one local people said to me that never see nobody across 100 years don't go to see or put a flowers for the girl.

The third is a specially perspective called " Common Places, intimate spaces ..." is a series of photographs that try to reflect exactly what it says .. daily life and at the same time private.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the S-K Curtagon 28/4 in Retina mount. The colours and rendition of detail are ok, and for its age the corner performance is acceptable enough. It would be worse on FF though.

100 % corner crop

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your samples look nice to me

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have also in retina mount. i use it on my retina reflex iii, and with adapter on my olympus ep1 and canon 5d. it is, as really all this series of S-K, great color/contrast and to me at least very decent sharpness for such an old lens. i love it on the olympus--the whole retina series of S-K are great on this camera. a little less great on 5d, but still lovely and i like to use them especially when light is not so good because of great color...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the two shots taken in the cemetery, but then I always like shots taken in cemeteries!!! Just joking, they're really cool, with lovely Schneider colour rendering.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a M42 version for Edixa with coupling posibility for a lightmeter on the camera. I like the rendering of the lens ons APS-c, but the viewfinder is somewhat dark because of the F 4.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you like it. It is a very nice lens and ever so beautiful!