Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schacht Travenar 90/2.8-Another impulse purchase
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Schacht Travenar 90/2.8-Another impulse purchase Reply with quote

A Schacht Travenar 90/2.8 from Switzerland.
Bought as part of a bundle with a Cosina and a couple of other lenses. 24euros the lot. Anybody know anything about Schacht lenses?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect same quality than Steinheil or Isco not a top lens, but let we see after you get it and show the result.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila - I don't know what condition it's in yet, the seller says they might need tinkering with. If it's just a bit of a cleanup and sorting out sticky apertures, then fine. On the other hand, my collection of paperweights might just have taken an upward turn.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found these lenses on Ebay.

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I found these lenses on Ebay.

The first seller seems to think a lot of it. I'll see what it's like when it arrives.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In any case, it is a nice focal length!
I think you will enjoy it. Schacht, ISCO, Enna and so on were not bad lenses at all!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ISCO was allegedly part of Schneider-Kreuznach.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it always the way? When I spotted it on ebay, with barely a half-hour to go, I had a dig around and could find nothing on it. Now I've purchased it I can google lots of opinions - some good, some bad. The balance seem to be in its favour though, so I have some hope.
The other lenses with it aren't dreadful though, so at the least something useable will come out of it.

There's a Soligor something/2.8, Cosinon 50/1.8, Tamron 70-150 3.5 and the Schacht. I can't make out what the Soligor is - maybe it's a surprise Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Soligor looks pretty wide!

You have made a great bargain there! (If the lenses are OK, of course.)
I mean, you've got the lenses for about € 6,- each (on average)!
Well done!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schacht, ISCO, Enna

In my experience CZJ was better in any focal length than above lenses.