Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ruined church with Ihagee and S.O.L f:4.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Ruined church with Ihagee and S.O.L f:4.5 Reply with quote

First couple of negs I scanned I thought the lens was a dud. Turned out the common factor was that I'd turned the tripod head 90deg and shake was the problem. Embarassed You can see it in pic 5. Must remember to make use of the other mounting screw on the camera.
The others were ok, in fact one or two please me. This selection was still getting to know the camera/film/dev and is a bit variable. Ignore the odd hair here and there. Film was Fuji Neopan 400, D76 1+3 for 20mins, inverted 4 times every fifth minute.
Not much grain there at all on the full scale scans. Annoyingly, uploading them seems to increase contrast and that was already increase by shrinking them in PS - I still don't know why it's doing that; it didn't used to.

#3 is a .png crop of #2 - it's 2mb in size.
The sepia tone of #5 is caused by scanning it in 24bit colour - I decided to leave it like that.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.
There seems to be a problem opening the thumbnails - right click and open them in a new page.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice images. I'm mid-roll of Neopan at the moment. I'll see if I can get images as grain-free as yours.

I accidentally left my scanner in colour mode and got blue images. Strange how they interprit negs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set despite the darkness on 1 & 4 Maybe its the scan . 2&3 are giving very good greay range, nic e dev Very Happy.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good captures. Very moody, nice tones. Are they 4x5? I remember a post,
not long ago, about a camera modified to accept graflock back were it you and was this the camera?

Cheers, Marty.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ martin
It's weird all right. It's not as if it's a stained neg.

@ hexi
I had the scans ok in PS, and when they're reduced to save as jpgs they go darker and increase contrast. Uploading to here also increases the contrast, so that's why they're on imageshack. The pic of the well didn't suffer from it as much - go figure. I noticed a bit of bromide drag on the full length one of the building, but I have another shot without that.

@ marty
This is the camera, but minus the Graflex back that day - just 120 in a rollfilm back.