Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Random shots with pre-war CZJ Biotar 2/5,8cm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Random shots with pre-war CZJ Biotar 2/5,8cm Reply with quote

Long time ago I promised some pictures made wit my pre-war uncoated Biotar. Because I can reach only about 2,5m on Pentax and won't make any destructive conversions to this lens, mostly close-up shots.

The missing coating is the cause of lower contrast. But on other side, the colors are supernatural. Sharpness is fully on pair with newer Biotars.

Some images postprocessed (contrast, saturation) some not.

The Biotar swirl is included from beginning Wink
Wide open or @f2.8

even @f4

On short macro ring, stopped down to f4 or f5.6

More flowers Rolling Eyes

Some "technical" stuff @f4 or f5.6

Girls just like shiny toys Wink I definitely should try more portraits, I like the natural skin tones rendering (f2 only bulb light)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great selection, beautiful rendering and colors from the biotar !

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have just shown why I like pre-war glass. The rendering of colors is just... perfect. No coatings or special glass to screw up the picture Wink