Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

"radar!" Watch the shipping
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: "radar!" Watch the shipping Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

Delivery: 154.76 USD

uh-huh. This much shipping, on a ballhead? Oh and "free shipping in the lower 48". Nice.

ebay nick http://feedback.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=radar!

Last edited by ChrisLilley on Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigh. the forum software does not like that web address, it seems.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did remove URL brackets, works on this way.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate UPS, they take 30% of price for "brokerage fee" when deliver to Canada. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love UPS, they are fast, safe and I don't have to go through customs, wait 3 weeks or more and sometimes stuff gets damaged when they open it. Sure expensive, but worth it.

P.S.: I guess you got sth wrong - this must be import tax, not (only) brokerage fee (that shoudl be $10 or so only)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd bet for another error from shipping calculator. Last time i saw that kind of shipping it was a 100$ less, so its rather close to 50$ here.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

P.S.: I guess you got sth wrong - this must be import tax, not (only) brokerage fee (that shoudl be $10 or so only)

It should be, but sometimes is far more. When my Katzeye arrived, there was a 47 euro fee to pay at the door, on top of what had already been paid to katzeye for the product and for shipping. Thanks, UPS ...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisLilley wrote:
kds315* wrote:

It should be, but sometimes is far more. When my Katzeye arrived, there was a 47 euro fee to pay at the door, on top of what had already been paid to katzeye for the product and for shipping. Thanks, UPS ...

Optics have 19 (VAT)+3(optics)=22% import taxes here, so I wonder how much that is in France. UPS charges EUR10 flat handling fee (+VAt = 11.90)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisLilley wrote:
kds315* wrote:

All express services (USPS Express Mail, FedEx, UPS, or other 1-4 days services) are relayed in France by Chronopost, which name itself as "commanditaire en douanes" (not sure for the french word, also even not in english), so they present all their packages to the customs, in France optics are subjected to a 6,7% tax (if I'm right), so with all other fess, we can add almost 30% of total price paid (item + shipping), that's why I never buy when US sellers don't want to ship via USPS Priority, even tracked/insured Confused

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
ChrisLilley wrote:
kds315* wrote:

All express services (USPS Express Mail, FedEx, UPS, or other 1-4 days services) are relayed in France by Chronopost, which name itself as "commanditaire en douanes" (not sure for the french word, also even not in english), so they present all their packages to the customs, in France optics are subjected to a 6,7% tax (if I'm right), so with all other fess, we can add almost 30% of total price paid (item + shipping), that's why I never buy when US sellers don't want to ship via USPS Priority, even tracked/insured Confused

+1 Postal services are trustworthy as well if package is insured, registered don't need to pay extra to couriers.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost only two packages (one from our beloved rockycamera), sent by royal Mail, in almost 400 transactions on the web Wink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
I lost only two packages (one from our beloved rockycamera), sent by royal Mail, in almost 400 transactions on the web Wink

All package what I lost was not sent out by seller...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

No, in fact it now goes to a user called "radar", not to a user called "radar!" as the forum software decided to remove the trailing "!"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

The list of UPS brokerage fees for goods enering Canada from the US is here. So for example, for an item valued at $750.01 to $1,000.00 their fee is $59.30 and, as they state, Note: Rates do not include applicable duties or taxes.

Note that this is only for the "standard" service; the more expensive services do not have a separate brokerage fee. They claim. Although, my katzeye was in fact sent using an expidited service ...

Some people feel this is too high and in one case, started a class-action suit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisLilley wrote:
Attila wrote:

No, in fact it now goes to a user called "radar", not to a user called "radar!" as the forum software decided to remove the trailing "!"

I see. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've mentioned before how UPS are a shower of robbers, when it comes to their fees. I totally avoid them, only using sellers who ship USPS.