Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Projector lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edri wrote:
ZoneV wrote:
on lenses and some old projection lenses which still can be found relatively cheap.
For example a cheap Petzval projection lens:

What is the name of this lens?

Likely it was the Isco Kiptar 100mm/2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Others have learned the secret already. Thank You Dog
Do you call that a cheap projector lens? 495USD on ebay. Like Dog
I am Twisted Evil if these are cheap projector lenses for you Tuzki with lens Wink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edri wrote:
Others have learned the secret already. Thank You Dog
Do you call that a cheap projector lens? 495USD on ebay. Like Dog
I am Twisted Evil if these are cheap projector lenses for you Tuzki with lens Wink

No, I prefer not to buy to highest possible prices, but for cheap.

For example this Kiptar 100mm/2 was sold 39 Euro in November.
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Isco-Gottingen-1-2-100-Kiptar-Projektionsobjektiv-/281857083104?hash=item419ffdc6e0:g:4wIAAOSw5VFWIjm7
Don�t take "Buy It Now" Seller Dream prices for real Smile
People have to learn to search for sold lenses for pricing, not only those what some sellers wish to get.

Here you can get one with 105mm focal length for 34,50 Euro:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/isco-Kiptar-105-mm-Kinolinse-Kinotechnik-Projektionsobjektiv-F239-/111714536916?hash=item1a02b48dd4:g:BhUAAOSwMKpUY8oO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the links with optimistic prices. Whoo Turtle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila just posted some great results using the Kiptar!

I actually have two sitting around here unused. don't want much for them, just in case...

But let me try them out first, I haven't even used them yet ...

Last edited by kds315* on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isco-gottingen super kiptar 90mm f1.6 i got for £12.50, just needed a clean
Cattail by Imagedit, on FlickrMorning flare by Imagedit, on Flickr

Last edited by imagedit on Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, I have that and its 70mm brother! Both 62.5mm, so easy to mount to my universal projector lens mount.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I had this all dirty "Isco Göttingen V/Projar 85mm f2.8" lying around for years. I cleaned it and it now looks like new. Not a scratch or mark on the glass .. but I don't have the slightest clue what to do with it Cool

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hemmo wrote:
Ok. too many beautiful pics here, so I couldn't resist any longer Smile
I bought KO-120M 120mm F1.8 lens from .bay today, and I blame you all here for causing 'just this one lens more purchace' once again. Evil or Very Mad Laughing

Anyway, any experiences with this petzval type lens, KO-120M 120mm F1.8?
Gonna try to adapt it with helicoid for my slr-cameras.

Just a word about the KO-120M: the version I have is built like a tank, heavy and has a base diameter of just over 60mm. This is not an easy lens to adapt.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

secludedsea wrote:
[

Just a word about the KO-120M: the version I have is built like a tank, heavy and has a base diameter of just over 60mm. This is not an easy lens to adapt.

That's why I hesitated to buy such a soviet lens. Are Isco Kiptar lenses smaller and lighter?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edri wrote:
secludedsea wrote:
[

That's why I hesitated to buy such a soviet lens. Are Isco Kiptar lenses smaller and lighter?

I don't have a Kiptar, but I would guess that they are certainly lighter. The barrel of my KO is very solid and heavy. The main issue is fixing it to a mount. The diameter is such that it is too big to simply fix into many focussing barrels.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw those Russian 120mm F1.8 lenses can be in 2 different versions : 4 element - lighter and the more recent 6 element

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for these infos secludedsea and std!
Have to wait for that KO-120M lens comes, and then try to somehow adapt it for the use.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I modded a toothbrush holder with a nex fitting to make a friction mount, was temporary but has worked well enough.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the 4 lens Petzval version, I prefer the 6e/4g version of it often sold as "Planar" type (which it isn't though...)

Last edited by kds315* on Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoneV wrote:

Yes, and since then it has been living with me. Wink

I took this snapshot yesterday with the Kiptar 2/100 on the Fuji X-T1:

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoneV wrote:

Currently I work with projection lenses and other lenses to build my own special lenses:

I seem to have missed this comment, More details and pictures please. Smile

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.O IND. 2" f2.8 Navitar.

CLICK for large.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice!! Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Klaus..

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoneV..Me Too Laugh 1

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:41 am    Post subject: Isco Gottingen Super Kiptar Reply with quote

One of my projection lens is Isco Gottingen Super Kiptar 70mm f/1.6. Using a focusing unit from a broken Meyer Domiplan Iit works quite well both on my 5D II and Lumix G1.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just purchased this yesterday, trying to figure out a way to use it with my K-3 (obviously with live view enabled, and I realise the image circle is smaller than APS-C). I can't find any info about it online (seems to be a recurring theme with the lenses I purchase! Razz), but it says 16MM SUPERTAL PROJECTION 2 inch f/1.6 (and below that, Made by Taylor, Taylor & Hobson LTD. England) if anyone has any info on it.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
ZoneV wrote:

Yes, and since then it has been living with me. Wink

I took this snapshot yesterday with the Kiptar 2/100 on the Fuji X-T1:

So my reccomendation was well used. Fine Smile

Lightshow wrote:
ZoneV wrote:

Currently I work with projection lenses and other lenses to build my own special lenses:

I seem to have missed this comment, More details and pictures please. Smile

Basic optical law that you can combine two positive lenses to create one with a shorter focal length. Is used for close up macro lenses with the extra achromat lens in front.
For DIY lenses many people build some telephoto lens with one positive and one negative lens. But there the front lens aberrations are enlarged! With the bad combinations they get from different lens systems the results are very bad.
With combining two positive elements I get still not good results, but at least results that are good enough for some decent images.
I take for example epidiascope lenses as front lenses, and some other multi element lenses as second group. Sometimes even a third group. And I take always achromatic lenses, not playing around with single lenses and wondering about the color aberrations.
With some thinking and testing I get combinations where the entrance pupil is not, or not much reduced, and so I get fast speed lenses.

This is one of these DIY fast lenses:

And here some more images and text: How to build fast homemade lenses

Last edited by ZoneV on Tue May 24, 2016 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently I use large epidiascope lenses for another way, ultra large format photography.
So the 480mm f/3.8 Liesegang Janar has a DOF like a f/0.38 lens on 24x36mm cameras.

Women-Portrait by Markus, auf Flickr