Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Projector lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laugh 1 cute

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What mount is the KP35?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanylapep wrote:
What mount is the KP35?

Simple tube , no mount

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, how did you mount your projector lens on nex?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simpliest any kind of adapter , like M42 or Konica etc + duck tape, focusing with feet Smile , little more sophisticated same configuration , but instead of simple adapter I use helicoid.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.com/sch/rafcamera-dealer/m.html?item=191614241180&hash=item2c9d19499c%3Ag%3A7j8AAOSw~bFWJnVZ&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562
RAF camera sell parts to mount projector lenses on Chinese helicoids.
Henry sell tool as well at Cameraclub.de

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Simpliest any kind of adapter , like M42 or Konica etc + duck tape, focusing with feet Smile , little more sophisticated same configuration , but instead of simple adapter I use helicoid.

Can we see a photo of you focusing with your feet?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laugh 1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitachi f1.7 24mm projector ens on Lumix G3. Has a nice diffuse glow that would be useful for portraits.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hugo Meyer Filmostar II 75mm projection + Ricoh GXR

Soft and dreamy...

Фотографии в альбоме «Hugo Meyer Filmostar II 75mm проекционный», автор serkol64 на Яндекс.Фотках

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very happy with my Meopta 70/1.4
http://forum.mflenses.com/meopta-meostigmat-1-4-70-on-ff-and-nex-via-vnex-t55218.html
I bought one off eBay, then after seeing hinnerker's conversion, I also bought one of his permanently mounted to a V-NEX, it's great fun.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
http://forum.mflenses.com/meopta-meostigmat-1-4-70-on-ff-and-nex-via-vnex-t55218.html
I bought one off eBay, then after seeing hinnerker's conversion, I also bought one of his permanently mounted to a V-NEX, it's great fun.

I wish they were cheaper !!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

secludedsea wrote:
Lightshow wrote:

They are!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got that... Carl Zeiss Jena f2-8 100mm Triplet (Prototype) for projection

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

secludedsea wrote:
Lightshow wrote:

When you consider how expensive the CZJ 75/1.5 and Helios 40 are its price is not that bad, though the 40 is much cheaper now days thanks to the reintroduction of the 40-2.
The lens it's self isn't that expensive, well, after checking eBay, I see they are now getting more expensive, not that I'm surprised, any lens with interesting bokeh that comes to light seems to double or triple its value over night, glad I have a spare lens.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
secludedsea wrote:
Lightshow wrote:

When you consider how expensive the CZJ 75/1.5 and Helios 40 are its price is not that bad, though the 40 is much cheaper now days thanks to the reintroduction of the 40-2.
The lens it's self isn't that expensive, well, after checking eBay, I see they are now getting more expensive, not that I'm surprised, any lens with interesting bokeh that comes to light seems to double or triple its value over night, glad I have a spare lens.

I've not yet seen a Meostigmat on ebay for less than three figure sums!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I would say that actually this forum here is once reason why those prices went up big time!! Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Well, I would say that actually this forum here is once reason why those prices went up big time!! Wink

I agree !!! Maybe time to start a thread about how bad these lenses are Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

secludedsea wrote:
kds315* wrote:

I agree !!! Maybe time to start a thread about how bad these lenses are Wink

I agree, too. We should talk like they are radioactive, too. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too late, way too many excellent pictures out there... Wink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started using projection lenses some years ago, a Leitz Colorplan 90 was very cheap Smile
In 2010 I found out that the Meyer Diaplan and Pentacon 100mm/2,8 slide projection lenses where likely copys of the famout Trioplan 100 and wrote this on some places.
Furthermore these projection lenses could be used on Nikon and even medium format cameras without butchering a Trioplan lens!

2011 projection lenses are still cheap, I got a Som Berthiot P-Cinor 75mm f/1.8 and converted it to my DSLR.
Some of my projection lenses I bought before most people realized their usefullness, for example my Visionar 183/1.9 I got for about 40 Euro. Other cine projection lenses as well, now the prices are much higher, and I buy digital projection lenses and some old projection lenses which still can be found relatively cheap.
For example a cheap Petzval projection lens:

Currently I work with projection lenses and other lenses to build my own special lenses:

kds315* wrote:

This is what I read on many manual lens forums / groups Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Markus!

The 90mm Leitz Colorplan can still be had for cheap, but it has no special bokeh, just a wonderfully sharp lens it is!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/albums/72157658050401373

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoneV wrote:
on lenses and some old projection lenses which still can be found relatively cheap.

What is the name of this lens?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edri wrote:
ZoneV wrote:
on lenses and some old projection lenses which still can be found relatively cheap.

What is the name of this lens?

Maybe it's a secret Wink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. too many beautiful pics here, so I couldn't resist any longer Smile
I bought KO-120M 120mm F1.8 lens from .bay today, and I blame you all here for causing 'just this one lens more purchace' once again. Evil or Very Mad Laughing

Anyway, any experiences with this petzval type lens, KO-120M 120mm F1.8?
Gonna try to adapt it with helicoid for my slr-cameras.