Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Porst 1.8/135
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Porst 1.8/135 Reply with quote

just bought this lens in nice condition for a good price. does anybody have experiences with it?... i just found this thread:
http://forum.mflenses.com/porst-tele-mc-auto-135-mm-11-8-t17557,highlight,porst+135.html

could anybody post images taken with this lens?

regards,
mario.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/othermaker/spiratone_135mm_f1_8/

http://forum.mflenses.com/spiratone-135mm-f1-8-wide-open-t4679,highlight,spiratone+135.html

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks attila! i hope my copy performs as well as this one. i don't expect a lot of sharpness with this lens. but i like to find a decent portrait tele for bad light conditions!... and i don't like flashes!

how about a hood for this lens? does anybody know the filter diameter?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supahmario wrote:
many thanks attila! i hope my copy performs as well as this one. i don't expect a lot of sharpness with this lens. but i like to find a decent portrait tele for bad light conditions!... and i don't like flashes!

how about a hood for this lens? does anybody know the filter diameter?

Sharpenss wide open enough for portraits I saw samples taken at different copies all of them was good enough for this purpose. I don't think so need 135mm lens for portraits. You can get lot better 85mm lens for portraits.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi.

Your 135 ls the same that ?

Soligor 1,8/135 at u$s 125. Anybody knows it? Is it to buy?

Thanks Rino.

Last edited by estudleon on Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you help me understand a few things:

- you buy a lens, but you don't haven''t seen pictures taken with it
- you don't even know the tech. data such as the filter diameter

so you expect that all this, this board here has to deliver to you.

I'm quite astonished to put it mildly. Am I missing a point?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow Klaus, you've nailed it!!!
Klaus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Y/S mount Sigmatel Multi Scalematic 135mm f1.8 and with this lens it makes a big difference if you stop it down a bit...Its best between f4 and f5.6 and it makes an excellent short wildlife lens at these apertures.
Heres some samples and 100% crops taken at f4 and f5.6:

I think the Porst is different in optical makeup to my Sigmatel as its certainly not the same mechanically, so it may not be quite as good stopped down.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Could you help me understand a few things:

- you buy a lens, but you don't haven''t seen pictures taken with it
- you don't even know the tech. data such as the filter diameter

I'm quite astonished to put it mildly. Am I missing a point?

thank you dad! what would i do without you!?

selling this lens will bring me a least 100 € profit. i think i wouldn't be too sad, if the lens is not good enough for my needs!

did i miss something?... would i be the first, that bought a lens, without knowing anything about its performance?

whats you problem klaus?... i don't need your help! this board is full of very kind persons that simply have fun in sharing their experiences! i don't have to fell ashamed while asking these guys! your elitist comprehension of "knowledge" doesn't fit to this century! you really missed something... Wink

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I don't think so need 135mm lens for portraits. You can get lot better 85mm lens for portraits.

a 135 is better for my needs because i cannot get close enough to the objects (for a 85er).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@DSG could you show a pic of your lens?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaus, Mario, please calm down.

Sometimes, you find a lens for such a low price that you shouldn't think twice about buying it, even if you normally should know what you buy beforehand.
So you see, there are good points for either side. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem for me at all. I simply asked two questions and the response speaks for itself..... Wink

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
No problem for me at all. I simply asked two questions and the response speaks for itself..... Wink

Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supahmario wrote:

You can find some pics of another just like it here:

http://www.astromart.com/auctions/details.asp?auction_id=4327#photos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

an assumption is something different to simple questions!
and now lets get back to the topic...

Last edited by supahmario on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was more than simple question in my term too, I also understood same as mario. I think question answered well so we should forget it and talk from something else.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
It was more than simple question in my term too, I also understood same as mario. I think question answered well so we should forget it and talk from something else.

WORD!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supahmario wrote:

OK, here are some pics: The first and second pics are the lens on its own and the third pic shows it fitted with a Sonia brand 77mm metal Lenshood, which I keep on it all the time...Pics taken with an SD10 and Canon FL 55mm f1.2:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks nice... and the hood is quite long! Shocked

Last edited by supahmario on Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supahmario wrote:
quiet long!

can not resist: better "silent long" - all birds shut up if they see this gun Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Handsome combo! Man set Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum is made for answering the doubts and the questions of those who are less informed than us.

This requires some dedication. Many of us do it with pleasure, because we also passed through the novice stage, and have appreciated any help that could arrive, and we feel this is an occasion of giving back part of what we have received.

If someone does not feel like doing this kind of service, then he should not take part to the forum, or take part and simply ignore those types of thread.
Getting aggressive onto someone who has asked a question is something that I don't like, and that I don't think belongs to the spirit of this forum.

-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mflex-on wrote:
supahmario wrote:
quiet long!

can not resist: better "silent long" - all birds shut up if they see this gun Laughing

what the hell... you quote my post putting faults in! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by supahmario on Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
This forum is made for answering the doubts and the questions of those who are less informed than us.

This requires some dedication. Many of us do it with pleasure, because we also passed through the novice stage, and have appreciated any help that could arrive, and we feel this is an occasion of giving back part of what we have received.

If someone does not feel like doing this kind of service, then he should not take part to the forum, or take part and simply ignore those types of thread.
Getting aggressive onto someone who has asked a question is something that I don't like, and that I don't think belongs to the spirit of this forum.

-

the main reason i love this forum for is that it is QUITE Wink different! the average behavior of "bäähh... i know it better than you, caus you aint experienced/prfessional enough" is fortunately hard to find in here. i like the mood in here! every time i read through other forums i notice that again.