Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Photo arsenal
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Photo arsenal Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

Why nobody shoot these guys ?

Price at least 6x more than this lens going as usual.

Every day when I see new Leica or Carl Zeiss listing 90% came from them damn it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone ever actually buy anything from them though Attila....? Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:
Does anyone ever actually buy anything from them though Attila....? Laughing

I guess yes, they have too much lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I wonder. In the art world, there are galleries and antique dealers operating regular scams increasing the value of their own and their accomplices collections by issuing catalogues and staging auctions that "prove" enormous prices, and then using these inflated collections as a security on loans.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, bought from them once. They had no clue, and I made a great deal. But only happend once....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
yes, bought from them once. They had no clue, and I made a great deal. But only happend once....

Laughing Laughing GREAT!! I also bought once from them price was acceptable.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now come on guys, you are being a bit unfair. I mean, for only US $3,175.00 you could buy a rare plastic hood!

A bargain, surely.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, you found the best deal! Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisLilley wrote:
Now come on guys, you are being a bit unfair. I mean, for only US $3,175.00 you could buy a rare plastic hood!

A bargain, surely.

Plastic or platinum?
Laughing

There will have some idiot who pays these prices?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asa100 wrote:
Over the years i learned one thing — not to underestimate human stupidity Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

piticu wrote:
Asa100 wrote:
Over the years i learned one thing — not to underestimate human stupidity Smile

Very true, only human stupidity is endless.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every so often I look at these guys for a laugh, but some loony must buy from them or they wouldn't exist, still you cant blame them for trying Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly many people do not price their equipment according to actual sold items (eBay advanced search for completed items and check were they sold), but they find this seller and others who list tons of equipment that almost never sells due to a too high listing/BIN price.

I think they drive prices out of reality.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Great Value - great waste of space! Reply with quote

Come on guys.. in a world where an elderly "Never opened" EOS 1v (with no box!!!) can have a buy it now of $5,000 then these guys offer excellent value.

I am sure that on planet peculiar they are revered members of the photographic community, servicing twats that have not a clue about actual worth.. though it is sad to see how after one of their bits of kit gets an airing on their site that loads of other rip-off wannabes jump on the 'rare 50mm Practicar' (sic) bandwagon and as said, prices escalate. I said in my previous post, eBay no longer cares as long as it gets its listing fees.. no honor left I am afraid...

Doug

Esox lucius wrote:
Sadly many people do not price their equipment according to actual sold items (eBay advanced search for completed items and check were they sold), but they find this seller and others who list tons of equipment that almost never sells due to a too high listing/BIN price.

I think they drive prices out of reality.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I happen to notice this ebay seller a couple of months back and started tracking their products and found that some of the items are located in Hong Kong as well, and during my last month's tarvel to HK I took a visit to their shop whose address was advertised in one of their ebay listing. And as expected the items in the shops were overpriced by at least 3 to 10X than normal used equipment of the same genre in other used equipment shops in HK. I was quoted HKD 3500 for a Yashica Mat 124G which was ridiculous compared to the HKD 700 that i ultimately paid for the same cam from another shop and in better condition with lot of extras like case, lens cap, hood etc.

Stay Away I would say !!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am curios really how they can earn money with this business politic.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I maybe know the answer because it's very common to see here in Italy many shops with overflated prices and no customers in and one wonders how can they survive.
Not all the laundrettes have the right insignia outside.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be they are wash to clean dirty money , here this is the reason if a shop won't sell really. Shop just hide money source...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:

Not all the laundrettes have the right insignia outside.

Exactly. I've been suspicious of several sellers for a couple of years - it's a dead easy way too, for some of the items are actually fairly rare, and who is to say they even existed?
I'd not be at all surprised if some Government agencies are looking into this kind of thing right now...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get a lot of money washing via books as well. On amazon and ebay. I'd have thought both places would stamp on this sort of thing. I wonder why not?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had brought 2 cheap lenses from them and finally they cancelled the deal and refund me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dekiller wrote:
I had brought 2 cheap lenses from them and finally they cancelled the deal and refund me.

Nice! Sad

I bought from them a MINT Konica 200mm f3.5 100% higher price than market without problem Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry, but they even LOOK like they would rip me off in 2 seconds flat! I don't know for sure what it is, but just look in their EYES! Shocked