Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon lens 4/200mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pentacon is pretty good. Here's a couple of shots from last week that I took when my wife hijacked my Canon 70-200 F4 L.

I've no idea how to do 100% crops, but they are pretty sharp I can tell you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots, martin! I seethe water with all the tones and shades very clear!
I took other pics in this summer day with the dslr and the pentacon , if you want to have look here following:
bye

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am more than convinced ( and otherwise i trust in Pentacon lenses as well ) by all the pix posted. Got the lens for 37€ finally, with case. Just hope it won't be too heavy :s

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a nice lens. I have a preset version with interchangable mount. I bought the lens as I has Pentacon 135mm lens with Exa mount. Got this with M42 mount, so that can use both.
Its heavy. Sharp with lot of CA/Optical aberration wide open. And thats little problem, as its a slow lens.

You can browse my portfolio on Flickr...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/asbalyan/sets/72157607822742824/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
I've no idea how to do 100% crops...

I am hesitant because I am no authority and hope I don't tell nonsense, but since nobody else took the bait...
in PS go to: view > actual pixels and then do a crop from there ( and please anybody do correct me if so necessary or expound )

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:
I've no idea how to do 100% crops...

I am hesitant because I am no authority and hope I don't tell nonsense, but since nobody else took the bait...
in PS go to: view > actual pixels and then do a crop from there ( and please anybody do correct me if so necessary or expound )

That's perfectly correct. Also, in Paint Shop Pro, expand the image to 1:1 ratio and crop from there. Other image manipulation programs have similar.